Bees y u no make honey D:

I have a small problem with my bee-farm,

I made my farm at like day 30 and it worked fine since, getting 30 (6honeyx5beeboxes) every time I harvest, but since day 100+ or so my bees stopped making any honey whatsoever,

I am desprate I need my daily dose of honey..

In my inventory is every honey I got in total from my farm D:

I was wondering if theres any way of fixing this :3?

Thing that I thought that could be the problem

- I have 10 pig houses surrounding the beeboxes, do they eat the honey from the beeboxes?

- there are barely any flowers near, do they need flowers to produce honey? if so how do I get flowers to my base?

2n08pxe.png

Yep i think the problem is there are no flowers near your base.I see bees returning from flowers with honey when they enter the box. Pehaps you need to relocate your houses or bee boxes away from one another. I think flowers randomly respawn.Not sure though. Best solution is to relocate the beebox to an area with flowers

Easier solution mate.... just go and catch few butterflies and release them around your bee-boxes, and they'll create flowers...that's what I did and I harvest every 2 days tons of honey.

Remember, every butterfly = 1 flower....so calculate how many bees you have or how much speed you need

Btw, I someone interested I can send via pm my saves (day 350) cheers

Easier solution mate.... just go and catch few butterflies and release them around your bee-boxes, and they'll create flowers...that's what I did and I harvest every 2 days tons of honey.

Remember, every butterfly = 1 flower....so calculate how many bees you have or how much speed you need

The butterflies is a golden tip, thanks! I really didn't want to move my farm :)

about the world save, I am fine, I rather explore everything myself ;D (just needed some help with this I thought it was a bug)

o btw 1 more question, any tips on where to catch butterflies? been walking around for 30 minuts now and I haven't found a single one o.O, any specific biome?

much better... its easier to make changes in your camp than "change" your base ;)

not you can make the delicious honeymeat (2+2)

o.o didn't even know of that one yet :o thanks :D finally an other purpose for honey other than insane healing food :D

o btw 1 more question, any tips on where to catch butterflies? been walking around for 30 minuts now and I haven't found a single one o.O, any specific biome?

How to catch butterflies...

1) Have a bug net

2) Find flowers and walk over those flowers

3) Catch the butterflies that spawn

Butterflies are sometimes randomly around, but the easiest way is to just run over flowers, this will cause them to spawn randomly (not every flower, but most), then just choose to catch it with your net, eventually you'll catch up and swing at it to catch it, then move it and replant the flower elsewhere. Don't pick the flower though, that kills it and no more butterflies from there.

Side note for butterfly wings for cooking, find flowers near a coast or plant some near a coast so you can corner the butterfly to swing a weapon at it or punch it. You won't ever kill it chasing after it with it flying away.

Hope that helps

How to catch butterflies...

1) Have a bug net

2) Find flowers and walk over those flowers

3) Catch the butterflies that spawn

Butterflies are sometimes randomly around, but the easiest way is to just run over flowers, this will cause them to spawn randomly (not every flower, but most), then just choose to catch it with your net, eventually you'll catch up and swing at it to catch it, then move it and replant the flower elsewhere. Don't pick the flower though, that kills it and no more butterflies from there.

Side note for butterfly wings for cooking, find flowers near a coast or plant some near a coast so you can corner the butterfly to swing a weapon at it or punch it. You won't ever kill it chasing after it with it flying away.

Hope that helps

I've found that charging right at butterflies works. I've punched many a butterfly right on top of their flower :D