I Want Achievements For Don't Starve On Steam!

Because there's a huge difference between a self imposed challenge and a challenge offered by someone else?

Nah not really. Actually I'd rather create a challenge for myself and decide to do it myself rather than having someone else challenge me. Also most games have really dumb achievements that aren't even achievements. Most achievements are things that every player will do at some point in the game which isn't even rewarding or special.

Nah not really. Actually I'd rather create a challenge for myself and decide to do it myself rather than having someone else challenge me. Also most games have really dumb achievements that aren't even achievements. Most achievements are things that every player will do at some point in the game which isn't even rewarding or special.

A fraction of the achievements are often used to denote overall progress with the game.  Some games use nothing but these kind of achievements due to lazy or perhaps spiteful devs, but the only thing those games lose is the potential added by better achievements, so it's not an argument against achievements itself.

Archived