Mac Os X Humble Bundle Bug + Fix

Clement JACOB

Hi guys,

Just bought the new bundle and was pretty impressed that Mark of the Ninja was available on Mac OS X.

Download made, copied to /Applications/, click and nothing happened. After a minute of investigation, I found that the binary "/Applications/ninja.app/Contents/MacOS/ninja" doesn't have the executable flag, causing trouble, at least on my machine! simple fix : chmod +x /Applications/ninja.app/Contents/MacOS/ninja and everything went right! Working in a software company too, I know this can be fixed at package step for further release.

Hope this helps!

Hey, thanks for posting this, could you explain a bit more what you mean by 'chmod + x' ? I don't work in a software company!

I just downloaded the game from HB too, when I try to open it the icon just bounces in the dock, doing nothing. If I click it, it just quits immediately.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the non-detailed version, here are the detailed steps:

• Open Terminal app (in Applications -> Utilities)
  • copy this line into Terminal without the quotes : "chmod +x /Applications/ninja.app/Contents/MacOS/ninja"
  • Press Enter/Return

Please note that this will work if you placed ninja into Applications. If this is not the case, simply update the previous path to YOUR path.

SHOULD BE OK NOW! :)

Archived