Shadowfall

Battal

At Joseph's words, Gluttony stops, heaving his bloated form towards the trio.  "I SMELL LIFE!"  He roars, looking down at the pile of bodies.  The group are luckily obscured by it.

"YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM ME!  I KNOW YOUR LITTLE TRICKS!" 

He begins to feast on the pile, massive iron teeth tearing through the bone and meat like nothing.  The group catches the rather gruesome sight of the man from before, now just another piece of Gluttony's body.  Their thoughts are interrupted by a terrified scream; apparently there had been life in the pile after all.  Apparently satisfied, the monster swallowed and stomped away, the pile of bodies now just a few scattered bits of flesh.

(I feel like I've completely changed the way I RP as Joseph.)

Joseph lay there, shaking, as he tried not to attract the beast's attention again. He remained still, took a few deep breathes, and began to asses the situation.

After thinking a bit, Joseph finally responded. "We probably want to follow one of these roads. The minds of intelligent creatures aren't normally very random in that things could be found if we walked into some building. I say we walk down this road until we find something that stands out."

"Wow.  Very reassuring."  Jakob says.  "Remember, we need to find Shadowfall's weakness or something."

Meanwhile...

Shadowfall pauses suddenly, his mental barrage on Pops suddenly pausing.

"I can feel your friends poking around in there."  He says, his eyes rolling up into his head.  Both Pops and the group inside his head hear his voice.  "Think you'll find something important there, hmm?  Well, maybe it's in Gluttony's chest cavity.  Go ahead and look."

The ground begins to shake as the monster approaches.

The mental attack continues as Shadowfall begins to attack Will and Crazy Lady.  "Your friends ought to be dead soon.  And then you can join them in the abyss."

Meanwhile...

Gluttony bursts through a nearby building, making a beeline for the group while screaming about flesh and doom.  "Alley!"  Jakob shouts, running into a nearby gap between the buildings.

Joseph raced after Jakob, occasionally casting nervous glances at the large monstrosity behind them. He slips nimbly into he alleyway, his face stricken with fear.

"You're having an awfully good time, aren't you..." Pops's speech wasn't as intimidating as he'd hoped, as his words were forced through the pain of the mental attack.

"Of course I'm having a good time."  Shadowfall says.  "A thousand years I've waited, waited for revenge, and now I finally get it." 

Jakob presses himself to the side of the building as the monster looks down the alleyway at him.  An appendage made of human bodies laced together crawls out of his mouth, slithering towards the group like a centipede.  It grabs onto Joseph and begins dragging him out of the alleyway.

The mental attack continues as Shadowfall begins to attack Will and Crazy Lady.

(Crazy lady has a name.)

An appendage made of human bodies laced together crawls out of his mouth,

(The Human Centipede reference! Nonchalant yay!)

(And sorry for the late response.)

Celina's head bloomed into a cloud of pain, her blood pounding in her ears The capillaries in her eyes began pulsing with a furious tempo, just barely falling short of bursting. She couldn't remember the last time her mentality has hurt this much, apart from the fact that her head usually never hurts; it surpassed even the time she clipped her forehead with the osteotome. She doubled over, kneeling on the ground.

"Stop...stop. Make it stop. Make it stop, make it stop! MAKE IT STOP, MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY!"

Her voice forced and odd from the unexpected pain, she grabbed her head, clawing into her skull. It hurt so badly, and yet she couldn't stop the suffering; how do you force a knife through a mental torturer? Her vision was wavering and failing; it was like a badly tuned television, waning from clear to cloudy. She can't really think under such sudden pain. The only thing that could help with this type of pain is morphine and etorphine.

Edited by Pecival

Violet dives toward Joseph, and grabs him by his wrists.

"Anyone want to help me!?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come off it, Shadowfall. The only one going to the Abyss is you!"

Shadowfall responds by smashing the cliff with his tail, cutting a deep gouge in the rock and breaking Will's arm.

"Hang on, Joseph!"  Jakob yells, cutting at the centipede with his sword.  He manages to cut off one limb, but the rest manages to pull Joseph down the alleyway.