Shadowfall

Battal

Violet's eyes widen with, at first, terror, then grief, and finally absolute primal rage. At first, it was just a slight tingling in Shadowfall's hand that mistaken for excitement. Then, it grow to slight pain. The pain went away quickly, along with all the feeling in Shadowfall's hand. The far off sound of thunder rang through the air. All of the clouds were slowly making their way toward Violet. Every now and then, the clouds would flash a brilliant purple.

"Wait.. Violet, what are you doing?"

No response.

"What are doing?!?"

(Das better.)

Shadowfall pulls his claw out of Pop's chest, leaving a rather large-gaping hole where his ribcage and internal organs should be.  His body is pulled into the air for a second, then falls back to the ground with a dull thud.

"Don't you worry, boy."  Shadowfall says, glancing at Joseph.  "I'm not going to kill you.  Though you'll beg me to."

Will tries his hardest to break from Shadowfall's grasp, but the grip is to tight. More thunder sounds, and a flash of far off lightning can be seen. Violet's eyes open, revealing a gush of violet light. The clouds begin to condense faster, and form the beginning of a cyclone's shape.

"Violet, what the f**k are you doing?!?"

"I'm saving us."

Violet's voice was completely monotone. The shape Violet created in the clouds started to hollow out, and the sound of thunder simply stopped. A bright light began to be produced from the clouds, growing brighter with every passing second. Finally, the clouds released their energy in the form of a single, colossal lightning bolt that struck Shadowfall straight on the head.

(Please let this have done at least something good...)

Shadowfall's head explodes like a melon struck by a sledgehammer, sending chunks of shadowy flesh and gore splattering across the battleground.  The explosion leaves behind nothing but a dessicated skull where the demon's head should be.

And then, skin and meat begins to grow over the bones, eyes reform in their sockets, and as lips regrow over his mouth, he laughs.

"I am a god, you stupid mortal!"  He says ecstatically.  "You cannot kill me!"

He grabs Crazy Lady in his other hand, and clenches it into a fist.  Pulp streams out of his fingers in tiny crimson waterfalls.  He then throws what's left of her back with the group, adding another layer of blood to their clothing.

"You have lostGive up!  There is nothing left to fight for."

(Welp, another of Pecival's characters bites the dust.)

Will looks down to avoid the blood entering his eyes, but he was too late. Everything is tinted red, and as the blood drips down his face, it looks much like he is crying tears of blood.

"You... YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL WIPE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR GOD-DAMN KIND OUT OF EXISTANCE, YOU HEAR ME!?"

Will manages to break his right hand free, and starts slashing at Shadowfall's hand to get free.

(Note, the hand that Shadowfall is holding Will and Violet with is numb from Violet's meltdown.)

Will continues to dig himself out of Shadowfall's hand. It was then when Will realized that Violet's meltdown was specifically intended to numb the hand, and the head explosion was simply a diversion for its real purpose. Soon, Will had his left arm free, and both of Violet's hands free. He continued to work on cutting the rest of his body out of Shadowfall's hand.

(That may the the first time blowing up something's head was simply a way to divert its attention.)

Joseph sees the sword back on the ledge near the Spire, but it is too far away to jump and too far a fall to survive.

"Just...die..."  Jakob groans, gaining some kind of consciousness.  He swings his claws drowsily at Shadowfall's hand.

Joseph glared up at Shadowfall, then saw Will, who was nearly done cutting himself out of Shadowfall's hand. "Brace yourself". He telepathically spoke to him, then proceeded to send him at the blade.

Edited by Blewcheese

(Let's pretend Blewcheese didn't make this non-cannon for me.)

I can do it myself, thank you. Trying to get the sword didn't work the first time. It'll probably make me bounce off a cliff or something. I got it.

Will continues to slash at Shadowfall's hand, feeling like in another dimension, he fell off a cliff and died. But that was another dimension, and our Will could care less about that Will.

• Like 1

"Hey, Shadey!  Miss me?"  Jakob yells, breaking free from Shadowfall grip and flying into the air.

You may want to hang on to something.  He says telepathically to Joseph, dive-bombing at the Effigy's wrist.  The one on the hand holding the others.

Will finally cuts himself out, and jumps toward the ground with the blade. After somehow not spraining his legs from the fall, he grabs the sword.

Jakob, I have the sword. Should I give it too you, or can I do some carving?

It's 1:00 in the morning okay jeez

Edited by Will

Jakob blasts straight through Shadowfall's arm, completely severing it at the wrist.  The shade screams in agony, gripping the ragged stump.  The group falls through the air, but Jakob swoops in and grabs then, dropping them off near the sword.  He turns back to human mid-flight, landing in a massive nova of dust.

Will quickly administers a injection into his arm that fixes his broken left arm, and gives another to Joseph. However, due to Joseph's body not being use to the liquid inside, it simply closes the chest wound. Any other injury is not fixed.

"None of you get injured any more, I'm all out of the injection. If you break your arm or something, you're stuck with it."