Shadowfall

Battal

Azreth: She flinches from the sudden voice. She lowers herself, almost by instinct. 

Oh, it's just that person from earlier... I would love to ask for help... but I guess I can't anymore...

And what would he think of me? Maybe he might want to hurt me? I am a big scary beast now, aren't I...

Azreth attempts to stuff herself back into the cave so the man wouldn't see her. That didn't exactly work out too well...

Azreth: As the man approached, Azreth grew nervous.

Once again she tried speaking, this time only saying a simple hello. Her words were only barks.

She looked down to think... This is so unfair. I can't talk, it's hard to walk, I don't know where I am... Why did I agree to that stupid deal... I should have known...

Edited by Kooez

it barked at me... Hopefully it wants to say hello... Rather than attack me. Joseph approached the dog. He understood that animals had intelligence, and would normally understand human speech, as well has telepathy. "My name is Joseph. Do you have one?"

"Huh... Seems like you're trying to think at me. I can hear a bit, but it's muffled. Sorry. If you can't talk, though, I could teach you... I could be just like Pops!" Joseph beams at the thought of that. He had always wanted to be like Pops, and this could be his chance.

Josephexamines the hound's facial expression. "I guess you don't like that idea, huh?" Joseph yawns. He didn't get any sleep that night, due to the nightmarish whispers. He crawls into the cave and lies down. "Okay, I'm going to sleep in here..."Ooc: I'm going to sleep. Goodnight.

Shard ruffles her wings as she watches him crawl into the cave. She brings her wings in closer and walks through the narrow line of trees by the side of the cave to a clearing, and she lays down in it, putting her wings into the air to avoid burning anything. She slowly falls asleep, having been walking all night.

Edited by gloryKAT

After a short nap, Shard wakes up, deciding she can't sleep. She snorts. Looking out at the forest, she walks toward a berry bush and picks off a branch covered with berries with her teeth and takes it back to the center of the clearing. She touches the tip of the branch with her fiery wing, slowly cooking the berries. After they cook for a few seconds, she blows out the fire and begins to eat.

• Like 1

Shard finishes her berries. She looks around cautiously before taking the burnt branch in her mouth and hiding it inside the bush she got it from. She folds her wings close to her, noticing that the fire from her wings doesn't hurt her. Well, at least that's one good thing. she thinks. She walks through the dense forest, her wings illuminating the dark corners.

(From now on, italics are Shard's thoughts.)

The old man continues to peer down at the group.

"Well, thank goodness they're still alive.  They might have brains in their heads after all."

"SQWAK!  I hope so!" Screams the bird.

"Hope...something none of us have." Says the old man.   "Then again," he says with a chuckle, "you AREN'T exactly one of us."

The man then pushes the spyglass through the hole once more...

*Joseph sees Shard walking through the forest*"Hey! Fire dog! Be careful in there. We don't want any forest fires right now..."*he uses telekenisis to bend the plants around the flaming wings so that they don't catch fire, but he does it in a minor and nearly unnoticeable way.*

Shard eventually disappears into the forest, trying to find a place that she can have some alone time... not that it was always good, but right now was a good time. Besides, she was already tired enough. She didn't need to go on some big adventure right now. All she needed to do was survive. And with her wings, she was sure she could find the group again... with some practice.

Shard eventually comes across a small pond. She sees a small frog, and it looks different from the rest she'd seen. It quickly hops away from her. She bends her head down and begins to drink water calmly, watching her reflection.