Shadowfall

Battal

Shard nods. She draws a house, then an old radio. They are better than the stickman, but they're still not great because she's drawing with her tail. After, she draws the words unique powers, then an odd looking hound with wings.

"Wow. You were tricked by a radio into this form? Well, let me tell my story."*he draws a picture of a house, and a woman and a man throwing a baby out. Then a picture of an old man picking up the baby and taking him away, then a picture of the old man dead on the floor, and the baby, who is grown at this point, kneeling over the man, then a slightly taller man saying "reanimation", and shadow hands grabbing the now grown boy. These drawings are done with surprisingly good detail, considering he is drawing in dirt*

Jakob sits down and, with some effort,  lights a couple of twigs on fire.

"Well, I used to be just an ordinary kid.  I was reckless to a flaw, doing all sorts of stupid and irrational things.  One day, me and a friend decided to go exploring near a large, abandoned quarry called Devil's Gate.  It was said to be cursed, all sorts of supernatural things happened down in that pit.  But, as I said...reckless."

"Anyway, me and my friend had only just got there when a group of people walked up to us.  They looked about 13 to 14 years old, and as I was only 9 at the time, that was quite imposing.  My friend ran, but I stood up for myself.  They shoved and pushed me around, laughing as I tried to hit them, but then one of them pushed me to the point where there wasn't any ground anymore.  I fell down the quarry."

Jakob winces as he remembers.

"Oh, they didn't intend to do it.  And I survived.  Although I'm not sure that's any better than what I had to face down there..."

Jakob adds more twigs to the fire.

"I survived only because I was smashing through tree roots all the way down.  When I finally hit the bottom, I had fallen almost seventy feet and had no hope of getting out.  Then, I noticed a pair of glowing eyes staring at me from inside a cave at the bottom of the pit..."

Edited by Lord_Battal

"Yeah...so after it saw me, the creature came out of it's cavern.  It was like a wolf, but it was massive.  At least the size of a house.  It had flaming red eyes and jet black skin.  It saw me lying there, terribly injured, and then it raised its head to the sky and let out a horrifying shriek.  Then, it shot out its tongue, like a chameleon.  It latched onto me, and dragged me into its mouth.  It then swallowed me whole."

Jakob shivers a bit.

"As I learned later, it didn't want me for protein or calories.  It would have slowly sucked out my soul until I would just wither to nothing.  But...I got a stroke of luck."

"The thing's chest was slit open.  Just slice! And I was out. The spellbound was shrieking like crazy,  and all I could think about was getting away from it as fast as possible...and then it was gone.  It vanished into thin air.  All that was left was a puddle of smoking blood, and a slender black cat with a flaming tail..."

"Yup.  Prometheus.  He decided that I had seen to much to be allowed back into the regular world, so, he removed me from society.  I agreed to it...didn't think I could live normally knowing the existence of such things either.  So, almost immediately, he started training me in demonic fire magic.  Put my knowledge to good use, ya know?"