Shadowfall

Battal

Azreth: Her new ears, now capable of hearing far more than she could ever dream of, focus on every little sound and noise. She keeps turning, hearing new things. She hears twigs that snap and grass that crumples. Her brain is nearly fried having to process all this information.

Azreth ends up falling to the ground to try and concentrate, trying to filter all of this.

Edited by Kooez

Shard shakes the grass and dirt out of her fur. She snorts angrily. 'One more time won't hurt... at least I hope it won't.' she decides in her mind. She takes off into the air again, this time getting a bit farther before crashing again, but this time she slows her fall slightly by flapping her wings.

Azreth:  She looks up and freezes. That thing can FLY? But it was just on fire... w-what is going on.... Now she gets up and begins to move her new arms and legs. Because of this new form she is forced to use all fours to walk on. At first she has difficultly. 

Azreth: M-Maybe I can figure out what that thing is... I hope it doesn't hurt me. 

Azreth carefully makes her way over to Shard, who had just crashed again. She tries to speak to Shard, but again, only barks and odd noises come out.

Edited by Kooez

Shard hears barking and turns her head to the side. She ruffles her fiery wings and looks at the creature beside her. She snorts and turns her head to the front again and lowers herself again, then jumps into the air flapping. She flaps slowly as if to a rhythm and makes it into the air. She manages to fly for a short few seconds before landing again.

Not too far from the place where Maxwell's newest prisoners arrived, there is a high mountain.  As the group begins to get themselves together, a small silver spyglass draws back into a small hole near the mountain's peak.

Through the hole is a small, yet cozy dwelling.  The floor is made of wood, the walls hewn from rock, and a rough ceiling from which hang bits of jerky.  A small fire burns in the middle of the dwelling, and a short old man is cooking a meal over it.

"A new batch of prisoners, eh?  Guess Maxwell does have to give Them a little treat once in a while.  I wonder if they know what they're getting in to."

"SQWAK!  Doubt it!" Cries a bird in the corner of the hovel.

"Yeah, of course they don't.  Maybe they'll follow my signs unlike that last group of idiots..."

• Like 1

The man puts the eyeglass through the hole once more, then pulls it out with a grim look on his face.

"All they're doing is admiring eachothers bloody wings!  Aren't they looking at the time?

He pulls out a pocketwatch and observes as the hands draw towards dusk...and after that, darkness.

Edited by Lord_Battal

Azreth: She notices that it is getting darker. She is worried that she will have nowhere to stay for the night. She would have followed the odd flying dog or that other human beside it, but they have worked their way far from Azreth. 

Azreth is scared and searches for the nearest little cave or hideout she can find.

Maybe I should follow those others... They are so far away though... and I'm so slow.

She decides on not following them, and finds a small cave in the base of the mountain. 

... I ... What am I doing here?

Without warning, darkness washes over the land, cutting into every nook, every cranny.  The night air is so thick, it feels like a liquid, an ooze of menacing shadows.  Inhuman cries pierce the night as the demons in the dark swoop in on the unprotected and the unsheltered...

Azreth: Her eyes jolt around restlessly. Ooohh, maybe I should have gone after the others....

She crams herself as far as she can into the small cave -which isn't very much- and tries to force herself to sleep. 

Maybe I'll find them in the morning? ... I hope so...

Joseph snuffs out his torch, and puts it away. Luckily, the demons hadn't gotten to him that time, but he barely made it out alive. He made a mental note to always be prepared for night. Joseph saw a mountain in the distance, and he ran towards it.