The Beyond Breaks Free! (Interest/Application thread redo)

Tesability

Argh, sorry folks, but the spam left behind by an unaccepted 'player' warranted my having to redo this thread. If a mod reading this would be so kind as to delete the original one, that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the actual roleplay thread has been made now, and is right here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klei Entertainment had no idea what would happen as they designed, crafted and produced the game we all know as "Don't Starve". They had no idea that a mirrored reality had formed based upon the game, leading the various characters to their perceived doom like unwilling lambs to the slaughter.

Well, one of them has had it.

Using the power of the Throne he is imprisoned upon, the now-insane Wilson has managed to break open a rip in reality, allowing the various horrors of the world to leak over to our world.

The scientist has declared war upon the Earth and various people whom have played the game are disappearing and being pulled back into the world that has now become known as the Beyond. However, the magic that is abundant in the Beyond is leaking back into the Earth, allowing normal humans to develop their own unique abilities in defense of their home. The ultimate question is this: Will you aid in defending the Earth and resealing the rip in space?

~Rules~

1. Post in order of appearance. Think of this being like a D&D RP, only minus all the extra numbers.

2. Godmodding will get you into serious trouble, both in and out of the RP. If I suspect you're doing so, I have a few things to counter such actions. If they are overcome anyway, you're instantly out of the RP, no chance to reincarnate even if you have one. Neither I, Wilson nor They play around.

3. Write properly. Chatspeak, capslocking en masse or horrible typing will also net some trouble. Altered words in character speech are alright if they are used for an unusual speaking pattern.

4. I hope to be able to rewrite this RP into a proper story if it finishes, so keep this in mind as you write your posts.

5. In creating your character, do try to keep it as balanced as possible. If you wish to be more weak than strong, that's up to you.

6. Due to the fact that the two worlds have synched together in time during this reality breach and there's an estimated 70/80-year difference between the game and our world, no other character from Don't Starve except WX-78 may be played. The only reason Wilson is around is due to the fact that the throne won't let him age. Wilson himself is also unplayable by other anyone other than myself. WX-78 is available because it is actually possible that someone found the automaton and took real good care of it.

7. You don't have to be one of the folks defending the earth, you can be a creature aiding in Wilson's mad takeover plot. If you do decide to aid in attacking the world instead of defending it, the mad scientist has final say on things you do and you HAVE to obey if an order is given. Otherwise, you have fair reign in causing madness.

8. Characters representing anyone from Klei Entertainment cannot be taken except by people actually working for the company. Example: No one may play Kevin but Kevin himself. I do not wish for anyone to wind up in potential hot water because an employee was misrepresented by an RPer.

9. What side you wish to aid, if you decide to do so, is not dependent on your place of origin. It's very possible that there are some from the Beyond whom are sick of the scientist and there are those from Earth that are sick of humanity.

~Profile~

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities: (Optional)

Edited by Tesability

If you're not in this list, you can't RP in the actual thread. If you WERE here and have been removed, you need to prove you'll be active for me to readd you. Also, I can't copy links apparently, so I won't be posting any here if they're part of your profile. (Why is is that the format of this post is CONSTANTLY GETTING BRICKED?!)

~Residents from the Beyond~

Player: Aleyck

Name: Warren

Race: Pig

Appearance: Warren looks like just about any other pig, except for a few things: He generally keeps his mouth shut, and he wears a pair of khaki pants and a straw hat.

Personality: Warren is a bit different from other pigs in that he is a little more refined and amiable, choosing to help others because are good people, not just because they gave him something to eat. With a sense of right and wrong comparable almost to humans, he is not okay with things considered evil.

Abilities: Being a pig, Warren's hide is particularly tough as such, making him an excellent combatant; compared to other pigs he is also smarter by a margin. Food is all he needs to feel healthy again after taking a beating. While he won't panic, the dusk and nighttime without a fire is very unnerving to him without a fire close by.

Player: Luggs

Name: Charlie

Race: Human(formerly) monsterous abomination (currently)

Appearance: While extensions of Charlie are capable of leaving the shadow, Charlie herself can not. As a result, no one has seen her true form. What is mostly seen that indicate her presence is a pair of glowing eyes and a pair of shadowy hands reaching out to snuff out light. If she needs to, Charlie can take the form of a woman's shadow, allowing her briefly to dart between dark locations.

Personality: Charlie's time as the night monster has corrupted her. As a result, she has grown cruel and vile, she revels in toying with her prey. Because no being seems capable of hurting her, she is arrogant and sometimes foolish. She is bitter that Maxwell has been removed from the throne but They placed binding magics on her so she can not disobey Wilson.

Abilities:

-control over insanity creatures such as Terrorbeaks, Crawling Horrors, and Mr. Skits.

-can manipulate a pair of night hands as a form of attack.

-cannot exist long in the light.

-when in shadow form, can't use any of her powers. Shadow form is also extremely draining, forcing her to use it sparingly

-healing factor when submerged in darkness

Player: Blewcheese

Name: Newleaf

Race: Treeguard

Appearance: Pretty much my avatar

Pros: Has a small control over plants and whatnot. (example: can wrap enemies in vines) Also can summon treeguards to his aid. He has the crown of nature. When he wears it he is possessed by the keeper of nature, who is incredibly powerful.Cons: when possessed he has no memories and cannot control the keeper of nature. If he is not the keeper, controlling nature makes him very tired. Weak to fire.

Backstory: He was the prince of the Treeguard kingdom until the kingdom was attacked by hounds and was completely destroyed. He managed to escape with his life and the legendary crown that had been passed through his family for generations

~Residents from Earth~

Player: Cnaibdoge

Name: Ware

Race: Human

Appearance: Generally wears a dark and light green hoodie, unkempt hair, as well as blue eyes.

Backstory: Ware wasn't normal to the others, and before the rip opened, he was thought of as a nobody. However, his endless paranoia proved to be right, as he says "I saw this coming". He was generally weaker than the others, but when encountering a wolf while camping out, he proved himself. This caused his paranoia, and so, being an adequate craftsman, made a steel sword that, when the rip formed, was sucked in, but Ware got it back, and after that it was unbreakable.

Personality: Always paranoid, is not your friend, but not your foe. Completely shuts himself out of anything social when insane.Abilities: Likes to sneak around, and usually isn't caught due to experience. He's once stated "I like the dark. It lets me be invisible." He also has a small amount of night vision, from being in the dark for so long as well as having a liking for carrots. Weapons and armor he crafts are generally better. Pretty weak, stat-wise as well as having trouble breaking rocks, cutting down things, hammering structures, etc.

Player: gloryKAT

Name: Celeste

Appearance: Brown hair with black streaks. She often wears black clothes to be able to avoid others, more specifically creatures from the beyond. She hasn't been in any noticeable fights.

Personality: Celeste is shy and is not very good at meeting other people, making her look unsociable. However, she will try to protect those she calls her friends fiercely.

Abilities: Celeste has no special perks that I've given her. She has a companion, however, a black dog who has been transformed into a standard Hound. Her companion's name is Onyx and due to her black fur, she is adept at stalking around in the shadows with Celeste.

Player: Sabeku

Name: Aaron

Appearance: Arron has a small frame with shoulder-length ashy black hair. He has dark green eyes and prefers wearing his warm green hoodie. For pants, he wear blue jeans with dark green sneakers. Often seen with a skeptical, almost anxious look about him, he is always looking over his shoulder as if he was being watched.

Personality: Anxious, coward, nervous, trusting, cautious, unlucky/lucky. The beyond is unfamiliar and dangerous; Arron knows this and takes precautions, especially after playing Don't Starve before. Hesitant to open up, once he does he is quite loyal. When things take a turn for the worst, however, he is usually missing, making sure his own well being is the highest priority.

Abilities: Unlucky - Bad things often come to this player, such as lightening strikes, more hound attacks, more damage, etc. Has increased health and sanity to compensate.

Lucky - To counter the bad luck, when good things happen, they happen bigger. Finds extra items, such as more food when a creature is slain, occasionally picks up double items, more likely to find skeleton remains.

Edited by Tesability

...? Either I miscounted before or I left someone out of the accepted list that I already approved...could have sworn there was 7 accepted instead of 6...oh, well. [MENTION=50529]Aleyck[/MENTION] [MENTION=38056]Luggs[/MENTION] [MENTION=65353]Blewcheese[/MENTION] [MENTION=62727]Daemonic[/MENTION] [MENTION=52523]TheBunnymen[/MENTION] [MENTION=73167]Cnaibdoge[/MENTION] :I'm also starting to think that no one else will join in just yet without some level of action, so I'm debating on going ahead and leaving sign-ups open so others may join in later on and starting the actual roleplay up to get this show on the road. Opinions, folks?

Name:Mr. BeefRace:Beefalo/ManAppearance:Is a bipedal beefalo, is thinner than the rest, wears glasses and a labcoatPersonality:Nice,SmartAbilities: (Optional)

... *facedesk* Not happening. Not accepted. Look at the other characters that are accepted, then try again.

Name: Mr. Beef

Race: Beefalo

Appearance: A Beefalo with black fur

Personality:Docile

- - - Updated - - -

Name: Mr. Beef

Race: Beefalo

Appearance: A Beefalo with black fur

Personality:Docile

Just no, go away. You're obviously not being serious with this. Otherwise, there would be a lot more effort behind your character profile.

Name: ShadowseekerRace: HoundAppearance: Shadowseeker looks like a normal hound, but (she? thing?) has a slightly shorter tail due to constant battles and a scratch on (her?) left ear.Personality: Shadowseeker is less of a pack hunter and more of a loner, preferring to scare off those who go through dark areas like alleyways instead of attacking shelters.Abilities: (Optional) No.

Will update if required.