The Beyond Breaks Free! (Interest/Application thread redo)

Tesability

Name: Celeste
Race: Human
Appearance: Brown hair with black streaks. She often wears black clothes to be able to avoid others, more specifically creatures from the beyond. She hasn't been in any noticeable fights.
Personality: Celeste is shy and is not very good at meeting other people, making her look unsociable. However, she will try to protect those she calls her friends fiercely.
Abilities: (Optional) Celeste has no special perks that I've given her. She has a companion, however, a black dog who has been transformed into a standard Hound. Her companion's name is Onyx and due to her black fur, she is adept at stalking around in the shadows with Celeste.

I was originally going to have her have a black dog, but then I wasn't sure, so I left it out xP It's fine if she can't, though, it was just an extra idea.

Changed. She has a transformed Hound now.

Edited by gloryKAT

Yes, thank you for the idea! I'll go with that, I just wanted to know if it's okay. So it is fine that because of the magic, that I have a hound due to what you mentioned above? I can also put up a sample intro post.

Edited by gloryKAT

I've taken a peek at your past posts. While I will admit they are a little on the short side, they are still better than MOST of the bull I see in this section. As for the Hound companion, which type it is and any possible extra quirks/abilities it may have would be listed under Abilities, but made clear that it's actually your companion's traits, not yours.

Feel free to jump right in to the RP. As of right now, portals have been opened all over the Earth that connect to one large portal in the center of the Beyond. The other two humans (though I think one of them has dropped out...) have either jumped in or have been pulled into whatever portal they're near.

Also, in this RP, the game Don't Starve is a known game. It's up to you if you know of/have played the game or not in this.

Hello! I'd love to apply, but I'll need to think more about my character first. Anyway, I'd like to mention I love the idea of this roleplay becoming an actual story. That makes writing for it that much more exciting!

I have a few questions, regarding Earthlings (since you said you needed more, I'd like to make one).

-How are they transported into the Beyond? (Do they suddenly disappear into the Don't Starve scenerio? Sucked in a wormhole? A creature from the Beyound drags them through? etc)

-Do they gain / lose powers when they get to the Beyond? Can this be a physical appearence change? (such as stange tattoos, demon horns, wings, tails, fur, etc. Not that I plan on using all of these, just examples.)

-Are they aware that Wilson is the new King of this land? (or rather, What do they know about the Beyond?)

-Do all Earthling spawn in the same area, or random areas around the world?

-Do I have to post often to be apart of this RP? (Once a day / week / weeks? I would be able to post 2-5 times a week.)

-Is there a post requirment? What is too much? How little is needed to be approved?

-Can I include art in my character sheet? (I only ask because I haven't seen anything regarding it yet.)

Apologies if anything I asked was previously mention that I might have overlooked. I tend to overthink things. I'd really like to see this story fleshed out, and would be even more excited to join it! :D

About the only reason I haven't replied to this earlier was because my phone doesn't do formatting right, so I have momentarily swiped my BF's computer for the second. And as for the questions...

-How are they transported into the Beyond? (Do they suddenly disappear into the Don't Starve scenerio? Sucked in a wormhole? A creature from the Beyound drags them through? etc)

For those that DO wind up in the Beyond, they'll fall in through one of the many portals that have shown up around the world. ALL of these portals are connected to one big one in the center of the Beyond. Thing is, believe it or not, you don't HAVE to jump through the portal. My original plan was to have those in the Beyond actually invade Earth, since Wilson has gotten the idea that They are actually people from our world controlling their actions.

-Do they gain / lose powers when they get to the Beyond? Can this be a physical appearence change? (such as stange tattoos, demon horns, wings, tails, fur, etc. Not that I plan on using all of these, just examples.)

IF any powers/unique abilities/altered physical traits were gained, it would have happened when all the portals opened up and the magic of the Beyond started leaking into Earth. There's already a character with a dog that has been transformed into a Hound.

-Are they aware that Wilson is the new King of this land? (or rather, What do they know about the Beyond?)

Only Earthlings that are also flagged as Don't Starve players will know anything about the Beyond, and that's solely based on what they know about the game. It is these players, as well as Klei Entertainment, that are the targets of this invasion. Those who know of the game's end will think that Maxwell has managed to break into the world with his minions if they have not yet seen the winged Wilson and his Croenix (Crow/Phoenix), Shadowblade.

-Do all Earthling spawn in the same area, or random areas around the world?

And...I just had Daft Punk's "Around the World" bust into my head. Unlike most GMs, I can actually keep track of multiple events at once in an written RP. It comes from having been in part of several RP forums in the past. So, I will be able to keep track of multiple locations at once. Will make story formatting interesting, but I can.

-Do I have to post often to be apart of this RP? (Once a day / week / weeks? I would be able to post 2-5 times a week.)

As MUCH as I would like this RP to be more active...and with players that won't drop out without word...I realize that's a bit of a pipe dream.

-Is there a post requirment? What is too much? How little is needed to be approved?

If you manage to put "too much" in a single post, I will bow at your feet. I will literally have someone take a picture of me in a bowing position. As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as too much. However, one-liners...or any of the CRAP that I've seen invading this RP forum show up here, and don't be surprised if your character somehow gets hit upside the back of the head with a brick.

-Can I include art in my character sheet? (I only ask because I haven't seen anything regarding it yet.)

You may, but I would ask that you also include a written description of your character with your drawn one if you're using that in the appearance slot. It's more for my own sake than anything else if this DOES get cleaned and rewritten into a proper tale.

Its interesting that its optional to jump through the portal. As for abilities, I'll keep it simple considering the stuff in the Beyond is already quite exciting enough. With the inactivity recently, I'll try to be more active when I can be in the RP!

Now, onto the character sheet!

Name: Aaron

Appearance: Arron has a small frame with shoulder-length ashy black hair. He has dark green eyes and prefers wearing his warm green hoodie. For pants, he wear blue jeans with dark green sneakers. Often seen with a skeptical, almost anxious look about him, he is always looking over his shoulder as if he was being watched.

Picture 1

Picture 2(gif)

Personality: Anxious, coward, nervous, trusting, cautious, unlucky/lucky.

The beyond is unfamiliar and dangerous; Arron knows this and takes precautions, especially after playing Don't Starve before. Hesitant to open up, once he does he is quite loyal. When things take a turn for the worst, however, he is usually missing, making sure his own well being is the highest priority.

Abilities: Unlucky - Bad things often come to this player, such as lightening strikes, more hound attacks, more damage, etc. Has increased health and sanity to compensate. Lucky - To counter the bad luck, when good things happen, they happen bigger. Finds extra items, such as more food when a creature is slain, occasionally picks up double items, more likely to find skeleton remains.

If anything needs to be changed, just let me know! As for his lucky/unlucky ability, its not going to be "overpowered", just an interesting tidbit to his character.

Edited by Sabeku

Whoo...you might just regret the use of the luck mechanic. I've learned from experience that when players use it, GMs tend to become absolute jerks. So, no, it won't be considered OP. >:3 In fact, I know exactly how to portray dear Wilson around you...Thou are accepted, feel free to just jump into the RP thread and start.

Edited by Tesability

Application plz?

Name: Wade

Race: Hallucination (Night hand subspecies,)

Personality: Goes from eerily calm to terrifingly engraged and vice versa every minute or two.

Abilites:

• [*]Can induce insanity form (beardling, werepig) on any animal that has one, [*]His hunger depends on nightmare fuel. [*]Can appear only at dusk/night, or while in the ruins during a nightmare.

Appearance: a night hand, but with nightmare fuel flowing out of where it would be attached to complete darkness.

moves around in a caterpillar type fashion.

Side: His own, but makes many pre-strategized alliances along the way.

Backstory: Wade was a hallucination working for Maxwell (he was actually one of the hands Max used when he was bound to the nightmare throne), but ran away once Wilson took over. Wade now longs to bring Maxwell back to power so he can serve as replacement hands for him once again.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

Can I be apart of this? My character will be me in real life since this is about the beyond vs real earth. I'm sort of going to model this after Sabeku's in organization.

Name: Rex 

Appearance: Rex is small, with dark brown hair and hazel like eyes. He has light skin, and freckles everywhere. He has one silver tooth, and his teeth are messed up. He has weirdly sharp canine teeth, and he has a slight side bite. (So slight you wouldn't be able to see it.) His hair is long and scruffy.

Personality: Coward, loyal, friendly, ominous, dark, energetic, and intelligent.

The beyond is a very dangerous and he knows that. He also knows that he is extremely unlikely to survive more than a couple days. He knows he needs to be very scared of things if he wants to survive.

Abilities: Un-athletic- is slow and weak. Small- much stealthier. Anger- at times of extreme frustration, his anger will rupture and he will be much stronger for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Manipulative- enemies will have an easier time converting him to their side than another person.

Side: Earth, for now.

Tell me if things can be changed for the better, bye. Oh, and I have one question if I get accepted. Is this one of those RPs where everybody posts in an order?

Edited by 5raptorboy777

Application plz?

Name: Wade

Race: Hallucination (Night hand subspecies,)

Personality: Goes from eerily calm to terrifingly engraged and vice versa every minute or two.

Abilites:

[*]Can induce insanity form (beardling, werepig) on any animal that has one,

[*]His hunger depends on nightmare fuel.

[*]Can appear only at dusk/night, or while in the ruins during a nightmare.

Appearance: a night hand, but with nightmare fuel flowing out of where it would be attached to complete darkness.

moves around in a caterpillar type fashion.

Side: His own, but makes many pre-strategized alliances along the way.

Backstory: Wade was a hallucination working for Maxwell (he was actually one of the hands Max used when he was bound to the nightmare throne), but ran away once Wilson took over. Wade now longs to bring Maxwell back to power so he can serve as replacement hands for him once again.

You don't really have any posts that would indicate how well you RP, not to mention I'm not sure HOW you'd pull off being a Night Hand as well. Give me a sample post here so I can see how you fare. Whether you're in or not will depend on how well you have it written.

Can I be apart of this? My character will be me in real life since this is about the beyond vs real earth. I'm sort of going to model this after Sabeku's in organization.

Name: Rex 

Appearance: Rex is small, with dark brown hair and hazel like eyes. He has light skin, and freckles everywhere. He has one silver tooth, and his teeth are messed up. He has weirdly sharp canine teeth, and he has a slight side bite. (So slight you wouldn't be able to see it.) His hair is long and scruffy.

Personality: Coward, loyal, friendly, ominous, dark, energetic, and intelligent.

The beyond is a very dangerous and he knows that. He also knows that he is extremely unlikely to survive more than a couple days. He knows he needs to be very scared of things if he wants to survive.

Abilities: Un-athletic- is slow and weak. Small- much stealthier. Anger- at times of extreme frustration, his anger will rupture and he will be much stronger for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Manipulative- enemies will have an easier time converting him to their side than another person.

Side: Earth, for now.

Tell me if things can be changed for the better, bye. Oh, and I have one question if I get accepted. Is this one of those RPs where everybody posts in an order?

...you have a big tendency to pull one-liners. Before I let you in, I need you to give me a sample post showing how you would RP in my thread. Also, keep in mind that, even though you started from Earth, you don't have to defend it, (If you manage to win the favor of the rather-unstable Puppet Master, you may find it better to aid him instead. ;) )

Wilson woke up on a dark, misty morning. The sun broke through the skies, just as Wilson woke up. He crawled out of his little tent, and resurrected the fire pit so he could cook a little food. He took his cooked food and placed them gently onto the crock pot. He took out his food and had a little feast. RARGH! Oh no, Wilson thought very nervously. Hounds. He equipped his spear, hastily put on his football helmet and logsuit, and ran forward. The first hound appeared out of the woods. Wilson attacked it. He made a giant cut in the side of the hound. The hound would probably die of blood loss, Wilson thought hopefully. The next two burst out of the trees and pounced on Wilson. Yet, Wilson was prepared. He stuck his spear out, and one of the hounds impaled themselves upon it. The other was successful. It started biting at Wilson, with the full force of it's jaws. It finally found Wilson's neck and bit with all it's force. Wilson screamed in terror, but thought to himself, no, I will not be killed by this hound. Wilson summoned up all of his strength, and attacked the hound with all his might. He couldn't remember what happened next, but when he was conscious again, the hound was cut up in a thousand pieces, like Kronos in the old greek myths.

Is that enough for me to be accepted?

Edited by 5raptorboy777

You didn't tell me what to do for the sample post so...

Maxwell woke up on the ground. He had a faint memory of Wilson whispering to him, "You shouldn't have made it possible for me to go up to your lair to 'free' you. Now you'll have to pay the price." As Maxwell looked around him, he couldn't see a material in sight, except one of his doors, crudely modified to look like Wilson, not too far ahead. "Well, I'll die anyway." He said to himself. So he went up to the door and allowed the nightmare hands to take him through the darkness and into the next world. But when he was dragged down, he could see a small, skittish nightmare hand off to the side, who appeared to be watching him. But he was too preoccupied strategizing how to get back on the throne. He knew he Wilson would open up the portal to the gamer's dimension. but he had a feeling Wilson didn't know what it would do to both worlds.

When he came to, he saw he was engulfed in complete darkness. "The buffoon must have ripped off my eternal night level." he remarked to himself. "That's not the only thing he copied." The night hand from before was reaching out of the shadows, speaking calmly to him. "You must get back before he enslaves me! What were you thinking, leading him straight to you?!" The night hand was yelling at him now, enraged. "Well, I was certain he would die off before he could find me." Maxwell replied, surprised. "That's a reasonable excuse. But you still must get back on the throne!" The night hand said. "I'm Wade, by the way." Maxwell was surprised to learn that hallucinations actually have names. "Now grab that torch and follow me before I exstinguish every light source around here!"

(is it o.k. if I have him speaking in caps when he's angry? :beguiled:  )

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

5raptorboy777: I had meant you to do a post using your character, but this works. While reading your post, I kept getting the feeling that it was strained. Like you're pushing yourself far more than you should. My suggestion is that you practice more with your roleplaying before coming back here. I don't want what happened to me happen to you. (There's a reason I have a form of MPD...)FOR NOW, you are not accepted. KidneyBeanBoy: You might like what I have planned, then. Wish you had done thap post in your Hand's POV, but that is a rather-nice portrayal of Maxie.You are accepted.