Maxwell's origin

Ok, I've had an epiphany about how maxwell became what he is today. Here goes!Chapter 1"Say, Will. How much longer will it be?" Maxwell impatiently asked William."I don't know. You sound like a child. 'are we there yet?' You've asked me that at least ten times this flight" William casually replied as put the cassette into his cassette player.His name was William Carter, and he was on a boat. He made too many mistakes where he lived before. He needed to go away, to start a new life. And he had taken his brother Maxwell Carter with him."Are you listening to that song again? I mean, I know we wrote it, but you can't like it that much, can you?" Maxwell inquired."Are you telling me it's not a good song?" William responded.William could tell Maxwell was still talking, but he lost himself in his song. It was still a work in progress. He was always asking Maxwell questions about how to make it better, as he was his not only his brother, but his songwriting partner, which he did along side his magic act. They weren't necessarily songs, more like tunes, as they had no words. But as he listened, the tune became sour. "Hey Max, listen to this part. I feel like it's getting... repetitive." William said as he handed Maxwell the cassette player. He heard no response."Max! Do you mind listening?" William turned over to his right, but Maxwell was nowhere to be seen. In fact, no one else seemed to be on the plane."Hello?" William asked to no one in particular. He rubbed his eyes, but no one seemed to be on the plane. William searched every corner, but everyone had vanished."Who's driving the boat? Is anyone there?" William asked nervously."Say, pal. You don't look so good." Will heard a voice."Where are you?" Will asked, desperate to find someone, desperate for a solution for this seemingly impossible question."Down here!" Will looked down. His shadow was waving it's arms. The sight of this made William's head hurt."I can get you off of this ship, but you have to promise to do as I say from now on! Its the only way!" His shadow said. Will, being desperate to save his own life, agreed."Okay then! Close your eyes!" Said his shadow. William shut his eyes, and when he opened them, he sitting in a chair. It was not very comfortable, but he decided it would do."Now, everyone thinks your dead. You need to make sure they remember this. You need a new name." The shadow demanded. Will had wanted to start a new life, and this situation looked promising. A new name certainly could begin his new life. Will thought for a bit, then decided."Maxwell"End of chapter 1If you liked it, tell me! If you didn't, tell me! Tell me what you think. I don't care if you say it's bad. I may make a chapter 2, but I'll have to think about what it should include and only if you guys enjoyed this one. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Blewcheese

hmm, you're right. I also couldn't find evidance of a walkman before the 1950's. So I changed it to a cassette player. Hopefully it won't bother the other flight attendants... And now that you say it, it says william carter went on a ship, not a plane. So I changed that too. Thanks for pointing this out!

hmm, you're right. I also couldn't find evidance of a walkman before the 1950's. So I changed it to a cassette player. Hopefully it won't bother the other flight attendants... And now that you say it, it says william carter went on a ship, not a plane. So I changed that too. Thanks for pointing this out!

no worries man, but hey is still good stories

Chapter 2"so, Maxwell, I believe you owe me quite a bit. Not to mention the fact that you agreed to do what I say." Will's shadow said to him."Please don't call me Maxwell. You know I'm not dead, so what's the point? Just call me Will." William protested. He could already feel that agreeing to listen to his shadow was not the best idea."Well, if you want to be someone else, you should play the part! Anyway, I like you. I will give you this place. You can do anything you want with it!" The shadow informed Will cheerfully. Will tried to get out of his chair, but to no avail. It seemed that he was stuck.Hey, I'll write the rest later. Sorry it was short, but I was interupted. The rest will come eventually.

Wait, I lied. I'm writing the rest now :3Chapter 2.5"Why am I stuck in this chair?" Will demanded. The situation was beginning to frighten Will."Oh, that's the catch." Will's shadow responded. "Unfortunately, I need you to sit in the shadow throne. But don't worry! There are ways to be entertained!" Three different structures rose. To his left was a mirror-type object, but when he looked into the mirror, he didn't see himself. He saw an entire world. There were trees, rocks, and some very obscure creatures. Directly in front of him was a chessboard, but only his side was set up, the black side. And to his right was a record player. It was playing a song, his song!"I appreciate the fact that you like my song, but I would prefer it if you didn't play it." Will said."Ah, then get up and turn it off yourself!" The shadow responded, laughing like it was hilarious."Anyway, to your left is a window, of sorts. You see what's going on in the world. Your world." All humor left his shadow's voice. He was being very serious."M-my world?" The longer Will stayed in that place, in that chair, the more scared he became of what was to come."Yes! And all that's missing from it is humans to try and live there! I'll go fetch some later. And that will be when I explain the chessboard. I hope you can play?" Asked the shadow. William nodded his head. He was very good at chess. It was one of his favorite pastimes. "Good!" replied the shadow. "And the song is playing to your right. Your song. Any questions?" William shook his head. At this point he wasn't scared or frightened.He was terrified.The EndI hope you liked chapter two. I thought for a while on this one. Again, tell me what you thought! I would even accept a "dood it suked it wuz so baad". Really, anything is fine! Also, if you spot any mistakes, please inform me! Shoutout to Zomnat for doing just that. And chapter three will be out in a bit! Thanks for reading!

Edited by Blewcheese

Ok, fast forward a few days of boredom and sitting and listening to that song, and we arrive at the next chapterChapter 3Will couldn't handle it any longer. He had been sitting in the chair for what seemed like years, and the only thing to do was to listen to that song. Over and over again. What was strange was that he never got tired, or hungry. He couldn't sleep, or eat. He spent hours after hours after hours staring at that blank chessboard with only one side. The window offered little amusement. All that he could see was some plains, with trees and rocks and bushes. How he yearned to be somewhere else. Anywhere else. Even in the land he stared at now, but he couldn't. He was trapped."It's been a week. I'm back from my studies, and I am ready to help you fight this boredom." He heard that voice. It was his shadow. He hadn't heard any voices for a very long time, only listening to that song. However, he was eager to find out what his shadow had to offer. He hoped it would be entertaining."Now, I'm going to get someone, and bring him to that world." His shadow gestured at the window. "When I come back, I'll tell you what to do," He disappeared into a cloud of darkness. Will waited, and waited, until he saw something going on in the window. He could hear his shadow there."Say pal, you don't look so good. You better find something to eat before night comes." His shadow looked just like him! Then, the shadow disappeared in in window and reappeared in front of Will."Now that you have your... toy, It's time to move on to the chessboard." The shadow told Will with a sickening smile. But at this point, William didn't care. In fact, having a 'toy' excited him. He finally had something to do. He eagerly awaited the shadow's instruction.End of Chapter 3Well, again, if you liked it say so, and if you didn't say so, yadda yadda yadda. Will is finally falling into the clutches of darkness... I'll have to start calling him Maxwell. Thanks for reading!