Next update Dogs

As Bogpad stated, the hounds will apparently announce themselves (i.e. howling, I assume) and that is all the time you will have to prepare before their pack appears. Also, and this is partially speculation on my part, but I believe the hounds will only really start appearing after a set number of days have passed, and then more frequently thereafter. I believe this is a measure being introduced to make survival harder.

As Bogpad stated, the hounds will apparently announce themselves (i.e. howling, I assume) and that is all the time you will have to prepare before their pack appears.

So it'll just be an audio cue before the pack appears? I'm not sure I like that, having no sound on my computer at all...

So it'll just be an audio cue before the pack appears? I'm not sure I like that, having no sound on my computer at all...

No sound? Not good. I hope you enjoy surprises then... :)

I'm really curious on how many they appear at my current lvl (220) and how tough will be...

Hmmm. No idea, but for people like us (I assume you mean you're on Day 220) we will likely either have lots of hounds or hounds will appear more often from day to day... or both. I plan to hide until I figure this out, but regardless I hope the hounds go away at night or this will eventually turn into an episode of the Walking Dead... only surrounded by hounds outside my barricades.

Haha, being constantly watched.... I guess I'm going to farm a few more tentacle maces while I can.... from tomorrow on, living main camp at night wouldn't be the smartest decision ;P

And don't forget that you'll also be able to research/craft bee mines. So be sure you have about 500 RP free to learn how to create them... then mine the entrance to your camp. Why only the entrance... to avoid beefalo accidentally tripping the mine.

Hmmm. No idea, but for people like us (I assume you mean you're on Day 220) we will likely either have lots of hounds or hounds will appear more often from day to day... or both. I plan to hide until I figure this out, but regardless I hope the hounds go away at night or this will eventually turn into an episode of the Walking Dead... only surrounded by hounds outside my barricades.

Are you sure that the update affects still existing worlds. I thought it affects just new worlds, which are created after the update.

It would be cool if you're right, so i don't have to start a new game again.

It has been confirmed that it will effect already made world, so fun times coming.

Yes, as I've seen several updates during the course of my game as Wendy and she's up to Day 130+. Only content that needs to be spawned during world generation would be missed by me, and so far that hasn't happened.

Of course I naturally assume it's only a matter of time before Wendy is eaten by the hounds, may they choke on me, and this becomes a moot point. ;)

It has been confirmed that it will effect already made world, so fun times coming.

Yeah that's really cool :)... and frightening.. those hounds if they directly spawn on day 74 :eek:

I have to prepare myself, fortify my "castle" and arm my minions. "We will live, they will die." Nasus, League of Legends.