Horrors Unbound [Spoilers within. Read at own risk.]

The newly-throned Queen verses the dethroned King, an interesting tale this has proven to be so far. I also love how Wes is depicted to actually be more capable than players allow him to be often times, which I actually like. It's quite refreshing to not see the poor mime get the normal hate he often gets in other stories and art.

The newly-throned Queen verses the dethroned King, an interesting tale this has proven to be so far. I also love how Wes is depicted to actually be more capable than players allow him to be often times, which I actually like. It's quite refreshing to not see the poor mime get the normal hate he often gets in other stories and art.

I portray Wes as such because of what I noticed when I played him. I'm much more careful. As I am aware of how fragile he is during play, I'm much more careful than if I was playing say, the old Wolfgang. In the same way, Wes as portrayed in my story is weak but is aware of his own fragility. Thus, he is one of the most careful and competent survivors.As for the storiy, my readers, keep an eye on this thread. I'm putting a few finishing touches on two chapters before I leave on vacation.

Chapter 8: The Earthquake

Sometimes, dreams aren't clear. Sometimes they're just feelings. Fragments of the emotion behind the dreams. The pattern was so familiar to Maxwell however, he knew just what he was dreaming. Nervousness. The few minutes before the show began. Relief. Charlie setting his nerves at ease. Pride. A successful trick. Humiliation. A failed trick that cascaded into more failed tricks. The one image that was clear was the moment he wished to forget. The first object thrown at him. A tomato. How cliché. As the torrent of objects flew at him, Maxwell was startled awake.

Wes was shaking Maxwell awake. He was promptly thrown off. "Get off me, you fool." Wes frantically mimed at Maxwell. He acted as though he was juggling then proceeded to act as though he got hit by the objects he was juggling. "What is that suppos-" Maxwell was cut off as a piece of flint ripped through the tent and buried itself in the ground besides him. Wes pointed at the flint. As he did so, the whole earth seemed to rumble around them. "Earthquakes, Charlie?" He shouted. The mime pulled at Maxwell's arm, dragging the puppet master out of the tent. Maxwell watched as more rocks, flint, and other "earthy" materials fell from the ceiling. Wes packed up things around the camp. Food, equipment, and stacks of papers. Wes had Maxwell hold a stack of jerky while he finished packing.

That's when Maxwell noticed a pair of eyes staring at him. He listened as it sniffed the air then snarled. "UNCLEAN!"

So is this discontiunued or...

School has started for me. As such, I lack to energy to write this story. I shall discontinue this for a month or so. To give me time to get back in the rhythm of things.

I wonder if they had been planning on Charlie calling Maxwell "Maxy". A short one. to build suspense. That and I'm still a little burned out.

Chapter 9: Our Leading Lady

Charlie watched as the pieces scampered across the board. It had been so amusing at first but now she found herself growing angry. That little annoyance Wes was aiding Maxy with an admittedly brilliant plan. It honestly would be so easy to end it though. All she would have to do is flip the board and the ruins would collapse on itself. But that wouldn't be satisfying enough. He wouldn't be humiliated. He wouldn't lie on the ground, bloodied and broken. No. Charlie would outsmart him. But how?

Charlie's eyes went wide as the throne fed her information. MacTusk? No. He only comes during the winter. Not long enough. And he was wise enough not to approach the sinkholes. Merms? Definitely not. They could barely build houses. The werebeaver? That thing focused on satisfying its hunger for wood. It'd be too distracted in the caves searching to hunt them down. Her mind froze on single image. "That could work." she grinned. "Yes...that'll work."