Please, let there be a good way to kill gobblers.

My camp is ringed by berry bushes. I don't really care that the gobblers eat some of them, I have a ton. However whenever I pick berries I end up having to fend off 3 gobblers from my bushes. I'd really like to be able to kill one without chasing it all the way to the ocean since my camp is in the middle of the island. At this point I'm just assuming the sound they make is laughter at me futilely running towards them with a spear. Any advice?

There are two ways that I use to kill those pesky thieves:

1) I run after the Gobbler, making sure he's running to the edge of the island. On the edge, I herd him into a corner and while he's trying to run fruitlessly into the ocean, I stab him and collect his delicious tidbits.

2) I run after the Gobbler and kite him into the swamp, at the swamp I time it so that the Tentacle comes out and starts swinging right as the Gobbler is running past. One swipe and you get to collect the juicy tidbits.

Either way is fun and just as satisfying. Then sit down and eat yourself a Turkey Dinner.

My camp is ringed by berry bushes. I don't really care that the gobblers eat some of them, I have a ton. However whenever I pick berries I end up having to fend off 3 gobblers from my bushes. I'd really like to be able to kill one without chasing it all the way to the ocean since my camp is in the middle of the island. At this point I'm just assuming the sound they make is laughter at me futilely running towards them with a spear. Any advice?

I am not sure if this would be a good alternative way to kill them gobblers but.. here is what I do.

I planted trees in the shape a "U" near by my berry farm. I planted them very tightly so that nothing can cross over my tree line. Then I placed my unwanted butterfly wings in the middle as bait for the gobblers.

Rest is fairly self explanatory eh?

Whenever them gobblers pop out, push them toward the trap, corner them and WHACK! collect your rewards and go on with tending your beautiful berry farm.

It gets abit tricky when trying to corner them at first but you'll get the hang of it after few tries. When the tree line matures, cut em down and replant. Two birds with one stone yea?

I hope this works for you as well.

goodluck!

I've always found tallbirds to be a great alternative to catching a running critter. (Especially now that their drops are likely to fall off the shore). They're quite aggressive, but never take the drops (where the sea often takes half of them)