Pumpkin bomb

How about a placeable bomb made from a pumpkin that can break down boulders and trees in a small radius.

1 pumpkin

3 charcoal

5 manure

1 rope

You drop the bomb in the desired location and set its fuse with a torch. After a few seconds (maybe 5, or maybe it's kind of random) it will explode. Boulders and trees immediately adjacent will break into their component resources. Buildings close enough will be destroyed. Careless scientists and porcine natives who don't move to a minimum safe distance will be blasted into the next replay. Fun for everyone involved!

Even better, untended fires that reach a bomb will touch it off. Maybe the scenic pig village near the forest wasn't a good place to store all of those...

I'd like to see more crafting uses for charcoal in general, and the bomb would make an interesting way to expend coal.

I was thinking that the fuse for the bomb by default would be random (anywhere between 2 and 10 seconds before it detonates.) A more precise timer could be added by digging up a pocket watch from a grave and combining it with the bomb.

However, I'm not sure how the interface for setting the timer would work. Having another time entry GUI pop up could break the point and click stride of the game. And fiddling around with the timer might not be easy when you're trying to blow up a pursuing tree guardian.

Personally, i think the recipe would be too easy to make, perhaps it needs something like gunpowder or dynamite which is a rare item found in graves, and i should be abled to instantly get rid of spider nests, and you can bait it. For example, lets say you plan to light a bunch of spiders nests on fire releasing all of the spiders, then have a pumpkin bomb baited with monster meat nearby, literally all of the spiders would die instantly from it. And pumpkins arent very rare in my opinion

Bee mines and pumpkin bombs. What's next beefalo nukes?

Sweet! Feed a beefalo some kind of rare nuclear chili pepper you get from a farm plot. Over the next few hours it keeps swelling up, culminating in a huge explosion of manure and scattered meat.

Maybe it can be some kind of chronic wasting disease for beefalo, where one will get it and spread the contagion to the rest of the herd. The end result will be members of the herd systematically exploding. A tragic, yet entertaining, loss of life.