klei official desire to work on the REWORK ocean

This post was made in order to collect all the new information about KlEI plans for the next update:

• Moon Hail, which they moved to the next update

Content recycling in the ocean

The rework of the Frostjaw, yes, it turns out he wasn't supposed to be in this beta

Unfortunately, I am not a native speaker, so I would be glad to know exactly what we learned about the future update :wilson_love:

Edited by Keknutui
  • Like 6
  • Health 1

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

What I want is a giant sea monster we'd have to face in health numbers needing an army to beat with.

And when I say giant I mean one that would take up more than a screen.

this made me remember that one unused water shadow sprite of a giantic fish

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

What I want is a giant sea monster we'd have to face in health numbers needing an army to beat with.

Crabking vs 40 bees 

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

I want ballphins to be ported so i can swarm CK.

I think this role is mostly filled by gnarwails, but they for some reason don't attack Webber/Wortox, only npc monsters.

• Like 1

when it comes to the ocean i would really like to sea things are similar to dogfish and jellyfish from shipwrecked 
doesn't have to be the exact same creature but some things that just kinda roam the ocean 

like maybe a roaming seahorse herd that if you throw fish meat at they'll throw gold or something onto your boat

maybe the seal from the sealnado could return and swim nearish to the frostjaw ice patch which would show players that theyre close to it (the "nado" part of sealnado can stay in shipwrecked though)

i'd also like to see some sort of an indicator that your in powder monkey territory like maybe long abandoned boats or maybe a lone powder monkey on a pirate sloop chunk that attempts to steal your boat (maybe have this monkey drop a banana on death and a map that leads to moon quay????)

anyways theres a lot of ways to improve the ocean and i look forward to seeing the other ideas people have

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Maxposting said:

это заставило меня вспомнить, что один неиспользованный водяной теневой спрайт гигантской рыбы

Can you show it to us?:wilson_pirate:

20 hours ago, Jimothywastaken said:

когда речь заходит об океане, я бы действительно хотел, чтобы морские твари были похожи на рыб-собак и медуз из shipwrecked
необязательно это одно и то же существо, но есть твари, которые просто бродят по океану

например, бродячее стадо морских коньков, в которое, если вы бросите рыбное мясо, они забросают вашу лодку золотом или чем-то еще

возможно, тюлень из sealnado мог бы вернуться и подплыть поближе к участку льда frostjaw, что показало бы игрокам, что они близки к нему (хотя часть sealnado "надо" может остаться в shipwrecked)

я бы также хотел увидеть какой-нибудь индикатор того, что вы на территории powder monkey, например, может быть, давно заброшенные лодки или, может быть, одинокую powder monkey на пиратском шлюпе chunk, которая пытается украсть вашу лодку (может быть, попросить эту обезьяну бросить банан на смерть и карту, ведущую к moon quay ????)

в любом случае есть много способов улучшить ocean, и я с нетерпением жду других идей, которые появятся у людей

I was thinking about the appearance of a small island with an Malbatross nest, in which, having stolen an egg, you can surely summon it

I'd rather more QoL on boat mechanics themselves than actual content be added just yet; I want new content but boating just feels so weird and unbalanced to me. Like it's the only game where I feel compelled to not put anything on the boat at all and just use an oar.

• Like 4

I hope they add:

- More islands to explore or settle, even if they are small and have one specific resource in them. EG: grass gecko island, or killer bees island, etc
- Improve the treasure chest minigame (updated loot, and new ways to obtain the map. Maybe new dangers when you arrive to the place, based on the loot quality).
- Add more sea life by default. They dont even have to create new creatures, just make the ones we have now roam more often.
- Improve the interactions with the moon quay queen and the sea pirates. Maybe we can loot them sometimes instead? Like they pass by carrying a treasure chest,and we can be the pirates instead.
- Reduce or outright remove sea stacks.They can make it like a specific sea biome (guarding something?) instead of being spread all over.

Waves, currents and tides would be nice too, but I suppose the boat should be a bit less wonky to support that.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Что вы имеете в виду под frostjaw rework, я думаю, что пока он довольно крутой

In this beta, they added the ability to catch sharks of various species in unlimited numbers, but then removed it by writing that this feature was not intended to update Scrappy Scavengers

image.png.d704ff6dcbe57c59a0cb0e23bcaab969.png

Edited by Keknutui
  • Like 2

BTW I just remembered.

Please-please Klei, address the clipping box requirement of structures on boats, specially bumpers.

Even when there is evident room in the boat, it will not let you place certain structures, and boat bumpers require an awful distance between them and the nearest structure to be placed. And even when you place them, then finish building your boat, if the bumper breaks the structures that already were there with your previous bumper will prevent you from placing a new one. 

• Like 3

Since this seems relevant again, here are some of the content I'd like to see added to the ocean.

-New bumpers. Infused moon glass bumpers could have infinite durability, but spoil after a day, and cookie cutter bumpers could deal more damage when bumping into things. Also being able to place bumpers under structures would make these even better.

-More interactions with seasons. I like how the frostjaw island shrinks during summer, but more interactions like this would be great. More ice patches like frostjaw's could appear during winter, and even connect some of the ocean islands. Edit: Waves could also be incorporated into dst and tied to storms, adding more variation to oceans during spring (still hoping for tornadoes for spring as well).

-Updated pond fishing. Currently pond fishing doesn't seem like to should be in the same game that has the ocean fishing. It's like if the old farm plots were in the game now with the garden digamajig. To change this, the old fishing rod and sea fishing rod could be combined into one item. Additionally, pond fishing would be changed to incentivize and accept bait, and would have a fishing Minigame similar to that in the ocean, albeit without seeing the shadow of the fish. Unique types of freshwater fish could also add more variety to pond fishing, replacing the generic fish, although they would still be worse than ocean fish to incentivize hunting for bigger fish in the ocean.

-Powder monkeys improvements.

1. Powder monkey world interaction. One of the main things I see suggested is that they can be found bringing treasure back to the island, and can be robbed of it. Encountering the monkeys harvesting figs under the canopies of the waterlogged biome during summer (to avoid the burning sun), or just finding them sleeping after a long trip would add a lot to the ocean. 

2. Better powder monkey fight. Currently, raiding powder monkeys are challenging to fight because of their large range of attack and the fact that they drop trinkets, a major annoyance. The attack range should simply be reduced. For the trinkets, it would add more skill into avoiding them if they allowed players to sidestep them when they charge at the player. Skillful players could trick the trinkets into falling into the ocean, where they are picked up by fish after a bit. To offset how much easier they are, monkey raids would become as common as they were during the beta.

-Sailable water in caves. There are so many ways to add this, whether it be it's own cave system accessible by an island, or just a new biome in the caves. Maybe part of the existing caves could even be submerged because of post-rift underground tremors? A water biome in caves could also lead to more terrifying sea monsters being added. There was a post with sirens who could morph into players and try to deceive them. This would be perfect for submerged caves because of the dark atmosphere.

-More biomes/bigger moon quay island. A jungle like hamlets would be fun to explore as an island. Maybe the jungle could even be attached to the moon quay island, it's entrance guarded by powder monkeys. A partially flooded region with small island could be cool to, especially if it only appeared during summer to incentivize seafaring during summer even more. Edit: More unique areas in water would also be nice, especially since, unlike islands, these areas feel more like something to explore in the ocean, instead of just being a destination with an annoying path.

-Tameable ocean mobs. Renaming the beefalo saddle and other equipment would generalize it's use and allow it to extend to ocean mobs (although the beefalo bell should stay exclusive to the beefalo). The malbatross could be a flying mount with an expensive upkeep, requiring 10 fish a day to remain tamed. This could be useful for exploring or battling ocean creatures. While riding one, the player could also dive into the ocean to pick up fish and feed it, making it easier to keep tamed.

-Reworked crab king battle. My main suggestion is that the claws could swing at the player a few times before anchoring to the ship. This would allow players to kite the claws and kill them before they destroy the boat. This would both give the crab king a method of attacking players who ride on a malbatross, and doesn't discourage players from using upgraded boats to fight him, although further work should also be done to incentivize fighting him with an upgraded boat. Taking his gimmick of different gems doing different things and working it into the fight properly, like with different attacks for each gem would also improve him.

-waterlogged tree guard. I have a concept on my art thread. Need I say more.

Ps pls re-add character specific eyes to the void cowl

Edited by Pet Rock
  • Like 4

Now that we have our first island which appears in various places and disappear from time to time, I hope Klei is encouraged to make more islands which may only pop out in a certain time period, say, only spring or only during full moon/new moon. That way players are encouraged to set sail and look for these new stuff and keep coming back when the time is right. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Pet Rock said:

Поскольку это снова кажется актуальным, вот некоторые материалы, которые я хотел бы видеть добавленными в the ocean.

-Новые бамперы. Бамперы из настоянного лунного стекла могут иметь бесконечную долговечность, но портятся через день, а бамперы для формочек для печенья могут наносить больше повреждений при столкновении с предметами. Возможность размещать бамперы под конструкциями сделала бы их еще лучше.

-Больше взаимодействий с seasons. Мне нравится, как остров фростджоу уменьшается летом, но было бы здорово больше взаимодействий, подобных этому. Зимой может появиться больше ледяных участков, подобных frostjaw's, и даже соединить некоторые океанские острова.

Обновлено pond fishing. В настоящее время прудовая рыбалка, похоже, не должна быть в той же игре, в которой есть ocean fishing. Это все равно, что если бы в игре теперь были старые фермерские участки с садовым дигамаджигом. Чтобы изменить это, старую удочку и морскую удочку можно объединить в один предмет. Кроме того, ловля рыбы в пруду будет изменена, чтобы стимулировать использование приманки и принимать ее, а также появится мини-игра о рыбалке, аналогичная той, что проводится в океане, хотя и без возможности видеть тень рыбы. Уникальные виды пресноводной рыбы также могли бы внести больше разнообразия в прудовую рыбалку, заменив обычную рыбу, хотя они все равно были бы хуже океанской рыбы, стимулируя охоту на более крупную рыбу в океане.

Улучшения Powder monkeys.

1. Взаимодействие с миром Powder monkey. Одна из основных предложенных вещей, которую я вижу, заключается в том, что их можно найти приносящими сокровища на остров, и их можно отнять. Встреча с обезьянами, собирающими инжир под навесами заболоченного биома летом (чтобы избежать палящего солнца), или просто обнаружение их спящими после долгого путешествия многое добавило бы океану.

2. Лучший бой с паудер манки. В настоящее время с паудер манки сложно сражаться из-за их большой дальности атаки и того факта, что они роняют безделушки, что вызывает серьезное раздражение. Радиус атаки должен быть просто уменьшен. Что касается безделушек, то это добавило бы больше умения избегать их, если бы они позволяли игрокам обходить их, когда они атакуют игрока. Умелые игроки могут хитростью заставить безделушки упасть в океан, где их через некоторое время подберут рыбы.

-В пещерах можно плавать по воде. Есть так много способов добавить это, будь то собственная система пещер, доступная на острове, или просто новый биом в пещерах. Возможно, часть существующих пещер может быть даже затоплена из-за подземных толчков после рифта? Водный биом в пещерах также может привести к появлению более ужасающих морских монстров. Был пост с сиренами, которые могли превращаться в игроков и пытаться обмануть их. Это было бы идеально для подводных пещер из-за темной атмосферы.

-Больше островов / остров Мун-куэй побольше. Джунгли, подобные гамлетсу, было бы интересно исследовать как остров. Возможно, джунгли можно было бы даже пристроить к острову мун-куэй, вход на который охраняют паудер-мартышки. Частично затопленный регион с небольшим островом может быть приятен, особенно если он появился только летом, чтобы еще больше стимулировать мореплавание летом.

- Приручаемые океанские мобы. Переименование седла beefalo и другого снаряжения расширило бы его использование и позволило бы распространить его на мобов ocean (хотя колокольчик beefalo должен остаться эксклюзивным для beefalo). Мальбатрос может быть летающим животным с дорогостоящим содержанием, для приручения которого требуется 10 рыб в день. Это может быть полезно для изучения морских обитателей или сражений с ними. Во время катания игрок также может нырять в океан, чтобы подобрать рыбу и покормить ее, что облегчает приручение.

- Переработанная битва короля крабов. Мое основное предложение заключается в том, что клешни могли бы замахнуться на игрока несколько раз, прежде чем встать на якорь на корабле. Это позволит игрокам запускать "когти" и убивать их до того, как они уничтожат лодку. Это дало бы королю крабов метод нападения на игроков, которые катаются на мальбатросе, и не отговаривает игроков от использования модернизированных лодок для борьбы с ним, хотя также следует провести дальнейшую работу, чтобы стимулировать борьбу с ним на модернизированной лодке.

-waterged tree guard. У меня есть концепция для моей темы об искусстве. Нужно ли говорить больше.

Ps пожалуйста, повторно добавьте глаза персонажа на капюшон void

New islands are really what I'm most looking forward to, but I think exclusively biomes on the water like coral from shipwrecked also need added more, much more

I would add wave mechanics to your message, perhaps it will minimally interact with the raft on the structure or a nearby player will get wet, which will lead to a variety on it

Edited by Keknutui
  • Like 4
  • Health 1