Rabbits eating crops?

It seems that people end up having these massive farms by day 20+ on the average playthorugh if you know what you are doing, and I think that starts to ruin the aspect of hunger if you run on an unlimited supply of food. I think there should be ways added to maybe thin out the farms or make them harder to get while balancing the game. If rabbits ate crops, it would add more work to tend a farm and would also be more realistic.

If rabbits ate crops, it would add more work to tend a farm and would also be more realistic.

Couldn't agree more.

Even better, make it so birds also eat the crops unless you build a meat effigy near, which would work as a scare crow. They are pretty scary if you ask me.

Everything should have a "rot" time. If you don't collect it or leave it for to long, etc it should either rot (if it's food). Or disappear (wood,tools,etc). This could fix the free storage bug. Aka you don't have to have a BOX, you can simply just drop anything anywhere and it'll be fine.

Everything should have a "rot" time [...] (if it's food)

This was discussed before¹ and the devs said it would be too hard to differentiate and manage things in your inventory. If food had 3 stages (fine, smelly, rotten) and you happened to have the same food in those 3 stages, it would have to stack in 3 separate piles, occupying 3 times more space than before.

I don't think of dropping things on the ground as a bug. Some people like it tidy, some people won't bother to chop the wood necessary to make chest. Whatever. Live and let live.

¹ Found via the Common Suggestions thread.

Edited by Excess
added link to discussion