Cannibal flower change is not good

Cannibal Flower changes are negative optimizations, making an already bad game experience even worse

Especially when playing soloEspecially when playing solo

• Like 1

Sadly the bad translation is going to lose visibility on a real issue.

Klei needs to quit picking winners and losers..

I get that many do not like lureplant cheese.  The reason that "you should not be able to disable certain situations" as such, like AFW / Scrappy / etc.

Klei is not removing the ability to any of this - they are only removing the ability to do it with lureplant.

Just like when they removed the ability for any character to create rain.

They remove this useful exploit that anyone could do... and give it to The Chosen One.

Wicker gets to turn on / off rain *better* than the exploit did, and Maxwell can lock bosses in place to disable them *better* than the lureplant did.

If Klei is going to add such OP stuff, why remove the competition?

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, wwwnn said:

Cannibal Flower changes are negative optimizations, making an already bad game experience even worse

Especially when playing soloEspecially when playing solo

I strongly & heavily disagree, but instead of trying to argue for pages long about it I’ll keep this a TL:DR- The single player experience needs to be improved, not keep the exploit & never improve it.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Sadly the bad translation is going to lose visibility on a real issue.

Klei needs to quit picking winners and losers..

I get that many do not like lureplant cheese.  They reason that you should not be able to disable certain situations as such, like AFW / Scrappy / etc.

Klei is not removing the ability to disable these situations - they are only removing the ability to do it with lureplant.

Just like when they removed the ability for any character to create rain.

They remove this useful exploit that anyone could do... and give it to The Chosen One.

Wicker gets to turn on / off rain *better* than the exploit did, and Maxwell can lock bosses in place to disable them *better* than the lureplant did.

If Klei is going to add such OP stuff, why remove the competition?

If the lureplant bug was a funny or exciting bug that the devs are happy with because it adds humour to the game then i would understand why you would want it to stay.

But its not, it completely breaks bosses in the most boring way possible. And if so many DST players use it as their primary way to kill bosses then klei should take offense as this proves that A: certain bosses are way to hard for majority of dst players to kill or B: the fight is so tedious/boring that experienced players dont want to redo the boss legit anymore

Edited by Gashzer
  • Like 4
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

If the lureplant bug was a funny or exciting bug that the devs are happy with because it adds humour to the game then i would understand why you would want it to stay.

But its not, it completely breaks bosses in the most boring way possible. And if so many DST players use it as their primary way to kill bosses then klei should take offense as this proves that A: certain bosses are way to hard for majority of dst players to kill or B: the fight is so tedious/boring that experienced players dont want redo the boss legit anymore

Sry, so the problem is it breaks bosses?

Then why is Maxwell able to do the exact same thing, only MORE egregiously?

• Like 3

Just now, Yuuko said:

Yeah it looks good when maxwell does it and makes sense. There is a level of management to it as shadow prison only lasts for a set amount of time. 

Experienced players can take advantage of maxwell but not everyone can juggle shadow prison plus spawning duelists plus keeping sanity up above insanity plus healing plus kiting plus regular attacking.... sounds pretty balanced to me and if thats easy for you when then congratz go play wes for more challenge cause u are a pro.

• Like 1
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 2
  • Potato Cup 1

8 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

shadow prison is designed to hold mobs.

lureplant is designed to spawn eyeplants, a bait, attack everyone and be a general nuisance. not hold mobs.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

8 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Yeah it looks good when maxwell does it and makes sense. There is a level of management to it as shadow prison only lasts for a set amount of time. 

Experienced players can take advantage of maxwell but not everyone can juggle shadow prison plus spawning duelists plus keeping sanity up above insanity plus healing plus kiting plus regular attacking.... sounds pretty balanced to me and if thats easy for you when then congratz go play wes for more challenge cause u are a pro.

Not much skill at all.  Cast prison, hold f.  Or however you killed it with lureplant, you just do that with Max.  Just as ez.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

2 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Not much skill at all.  Cast prison, hold f.

True you can spam prison and hold f. But you are missing out on dps of duelists. But if u try to add duelists things start getting messy so you are losing out by needing to put more effort into managing everything. And maxwell still only has 75hp so not alot of emergency cushion incase your last armour breaks etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

True you can spam prison and hold f. But you are missing out on dps of duelists. But if u try to add duelists things start getting messy so you are losing out by needing to put more effort into managing everything. And maxwell still only has 75hp so not alot of emergency cushion incase your last armour breaks etc.

wtf u talking about?  You stick AWF with lureplant and hold f.  Now you cast prison and hold f.  Nothing is changed except only Maxwell is given this power - AND - its much stronger.  Bosses still cheesed.  If that is what you care about, then why is it okay?

Lureplant kept Scrappy from getting to scrap pile, Maxwell does it too.

Wall only kept lavae off.  Maxwell prevents them from ever spawning.

75 health is nothing if you tame beef - which is very popular lately.

ppl pretend playing Wormwood is hard, but you just tame a beef for him too - and all his combat perks work on beef.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yuuko said:

wtf u talking about?  You stick AWF with lureplant and hold f.  Now you cast prison and hold f.  Nothing is changed except only Maxwell is given this power - AND - its much stronger.  Bosses still cheesed.  If that is what you care about, then why is it okay?

Are you referring to using the shadow prison in the same way as lureplants while voidwalking/whatever breaks the AI? Or using shadow prison in a regular fight? A regular fight is absolutely not just spamming prisons and holding f. 

Just now, Sir Noel said:

Are you referring to using the shadow prison in the same way as lureplants while voidwalking/whatever breaks the AI? Or using shadow prison in a regular fight? A regular fight is absolutely not just spamming prisons and holding f. 

I'm saying - what lureplants did, Maxwell does better.  Both using lureplant blocking and voidwalking and holding F, or lureplant blocking, teleport out, and let houndious kill him, or any other way lureplants were used.

Anyone satisfied with lureplants removal "because they broke the game" while Maxwell breaks it even more...  ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I'm saying - what lureplants did, Maxwell does better.  Both using lureplant blocking and voidwalking and holding F, or lureplant blocking, teleport out, and let houndious kill him, or any other way lureplants were used.

Anyone satisfied with lureplants removal "because they broke the game" while Maxwell breaks it even more...  ridiculous. 

Lureplants dont cost sanity that needs to be managed... is pretty dumb needing to discuss this

Maxwell is op but atleast needs player imput

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, arubaro said:

Lureplants dont cost sanity that needs to be managed... is pretty dumb needing to discuss this

Maxwell is op but atleast needs player imput

Sanity cost is pretty irrelevant actually.  Been playing Maxwell a lot during this beta.  Lureplant being removed "because it breaks the game" while Maxwell is here?  That is a pretty dumb position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yuuko said:

But aren't these methods also not originally intended to be used with the prison? Whether you are voidwalking and trapping AFW with lureplant or shadow prison, it is the same deal. I don't know the specifics of these methods but they mostly seem to operate the same, aka FW tries to go to the portal while you either go out of bounds and hold f or use a houndius. I guess I don't really understand your point that "Maxwell already breaks the fight" when, regardless of using shadow prison or lureplant, you are still using the same type of methods (i.e voidwalking etc.) to break the fight and get the same result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Noel said:

But aren't these methods also not originally intended to be used with the prison? Whether you are voidwalking and trapping AFW with lureplant or shadow prison, it is the same deal. I don't know the specifics of these methods but they mostly seem to operate the same, aka FW tries to go to the portal while you either go out of bounds and hold f or use a houndius. I guess I don't really understand your point that "Maxwell already breaks the fight" when, regardless of using shadow prison or lureplant, you are still using the same type of methods (i.e voidwalking etc.) to break the fight and get the same result.

Does intent matter?

ppl use lureplant for a strategy, and some ppl don't like it "because this strategy is bad."

Maxwell does the exact same strategy.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Does intent matter?

ppl use lureplant for a strategy, and some ppl don't like it "because this strategy is bad."

Maxwell does the exact same strategy.

Can be as irrelevant as you want but is not free and the player needs to do something instead of being afk

Maybe you should give feedback about maxwell instead of complaining about klei fixing such stupid interaction in a boss fight...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, arubaro said:

Can be as irrelevant as you want but is not free and the player needs to do something instead of being afk

Maybe you should give feedback about maxwell instead of complaining about klei fixing such stupid interaction in a boss fight...

Its just as free.  Cast spell, hold F.

y'all don't really care about "breaking bosses" you just hate creative exploits.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

If it blocks the enemy from being able to move and prevents the game from running animations Klei designed and intended to happen in that part of the game? Then yeah the problem IS that it breaks bosses..

Which is the exact reason Klei fixed it for the scrappy Werepig fight, it’s meant to go through several animations & phases, and you just use an easy method to prevent that.

And as far as Maxwell goes- Dude has a whooping 50 HP, has to consume nightmare fuel to do it and it only lasts for a few seconds before needing to be activated again.

SURELY your not trying to compare shadow prison to lureplant cheese…?

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

If it blocks the enemy from being able to move and prevents the game from running animations Klei designed and intended to happen in that part of the game? Then yeah the problem IS that it breaks bosses..

Exactly what Max does, he's actually more egregious.  You don't like Walls in dfly fight?  Welcome to Maxwell who prevents lavae from ever spawning.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

And as far as Maxwell goes- Dude has a whooping 50 HP, has to consume nightmare fuel to do it and it only lasts for a few seconds before needing to be activated again.

SURELY your not trying to compare shadow prison to lureplant cheese…?

Don't worry, I know you've never played Maxwell.

• Like 3

Its just as free.  Cast spell, hold F.

y'all don't really care about "breaking bosses" you just hate creative exploits.

Sure. Seems like you played maxwell agaisnt spiders with godmode active

I dont like maxwell having such powerful spell and i like creative ways of fighting bosses but if we play the game of judging us i will say that you are mad because you cant beat the last boss by being afk, such creative way, imitating what you watched in a youtube video because fw spanked you ass, and now you come and use dumb arguments which half of the details ignored to fit your "lazy unskilled player" propaganda :)

• Like 1