[Game Update] - 599792

• Developer

Changes

• Teetering Junk Pile is now a Point of Interest.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash when trying to wax a Poison Birchnut Tree.
  • Fixed a crash with Acid Rain particles.
  • Fixed Shadow Fire cast failing when Ethereal Ember are split into small stacks.
  • Thrown Junk will no longer form Junk Piles in the ocean.
  • Fixed a bug where Stoke Embers action sometimes does not appear until you pick up the Ethereal Embers and put them back into your inventory slot again.
  • Fixed the Survivor’s inspection quotes for the Scrappy Chapauldron.

View full update

• Like 35
  • Big Ups 1

11 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Fixed a bug where Stoke Embers action sometimes does not appear until you pick up the Ethereal Embers and put them back into your inventory slot again.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• GL Happy 1

Hi Klei,

Would it be alright if you were to please fix the targeting during the Ancient Fuelweaver fight? I find that the character would try to target the invincible Fuelweaver more than the woven shadows they produce, this can get VERY annoying at times. I find that this would solve many issues with the Fuelweaver fight. I love the concept of the Fuelweaver fight, although, I have been intimidated by it for the longest time, due to how hard it is to get rid of the woven shadows. By the way, this is not my original idea, but I think it would significantly help the game, so I think I should reiterate it.

Thanks!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CyberSkink said:

Hi Klei,

Would it be alright if you were to please fix the targeting during the Ancient Fuelweaver fight? I find that the character would try to target the invincible Fuelweaver more than the woven shadows they produce, this can get VERY annoying at times. I find that this would solve many issues with the Fuelweaver fight. I love the concept of the Fuelweaver fight, although, I have been intimidated by it for the longest time, due to how hard it is to get rid of the woven shadows. By the way, this is not my original idea, but I think it would significantly help the game, so I think I should reiterate it.

Thanks!

What if weather pains could blow the woven shadows off the edge of the arena and into the games Abyss? I mean it’s a weapon that’s spawning small tornadoes.. let THAT fling the things off the map in one hit.

They sure as hell don’t need 400hp.. that would fix everything wrong with the FW fight. Also, make the WP target the smaller mobs it can pick up in its tornado, so it isn’t focusing on the giant boss.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What if weather pains could blow the woven shadows off the edge of the arena and into the games Abyss? I mean it’s a weapon that’s spawning small tornadoes.. let THAT fling the things off the map in one hit.

They sure as hell don’t need 400hp.. that would fix everything wrong with the FW fight. Also, make the WP target the smaller mobs it can pick up in its tornado, so it isn’t focusing on the giant boss

there's nothing wrong with it except lazy explorer teleport deaggro and lack of an indicator for being able to dodge the bone cage and woven shadows have 1 hp and you can already kill them using weather pain projectiles and void is supposed to be walls but they made them transparent because that'd be really annoying otherwise

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

there's nothing wrong with it except lazy explorer teleport deaggro and lack of an indicator for being able to dodge the bone cage and woven shadows have 1 hp and you can already kill them using weather pain projectiles and void is supposed to be walls but they made them transparent because that'd be really annoying otherwise

I’m suggesting ways to Rework the fight, if Klei is looking into actually revisiting old content.. I’d hope they make it more accessible to solo players, so increase the HP of Woven Shadows so they don’t just die in 1 hit, but balance that out by letting the weather pains carry them away, also change the void area from invisible walls, into being an actual lava filled pit that both mobs (not bosses or mobs that can fly) and the player can fall into I know these are huge and crazy changes I’m suggesting here.. but that’s the point of a forum isn’t it? To suggest the stuff you’d like to see done.

So when it comes specifically to AFW, make woven shadows something you have to knock into the lava, give FWs “Slam” attack the ability to knock the player backward (so if the get too close to the lava edges they can be thrown into lava themselves) Also allow the FWs attacks and health to grow weaker the further away from its source of energy the player can kite it (which he will realize he’s losing power & try to run back to & recharge)

If Klei is looking for ideas on how to rework old areas of the game, I want to be here suggesting the best ideas I can come up with. :wilson_love:

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m suggesting ways to Rework the fight, if Klei is looking into actually revisiting old content.. I’d hope they make it more accessible to solo players, so increase the HP of Woven Shadows so they don’t just die in 1 hit, but balance that out by letting the weather pains carry them away, also change the void area from invisible walls, into being an actual lava filled pit that both mobs (not bosses or mobs that can fly) and the player can fall into I know these are huge and crazy changes I’m suggesting here.. but that’s the point of a forum isn’t it? To suggest the stuff you’d like to see done.

So when it comes specifically to AFW, make woven shadows something you have to knock into the lava, give FWs “Slam” attack the ability to knock the player backward (so if the get too close to the lava edges they can be thrown into lava themselves) Also allow the FWs attacks and health to grow weaker the further away from its source of energy the player can kite it (which he will realize he’s losing power & try to run back to & recharge)

If Klei is looking for ideas on how to rework old areas of the game, I want to be here suggesting the best ideas I can come up with. :wilson_love:

these ideas suck and i wouldn't want them to replace current FW fight, at least try to kill him yourself 1st, you didn't considering you thought that they have 400 hp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

2 minutes ago, grm9 said:

these ideas suck and i wouldn't want them to replace current FW fight, at least try to kill him yourself 1st, you didn't considering you thought that they have 400 hp

Well atleast your honest about my ideas, so now let’s try some reverse psychology.. YOU are now the Developer and it is now YOUR Job to rework this fight into something brand new, exciting and fun for a new generation of gamers- because keeping it the same as it’s always been since it’s inception just isn’t cutting it anymore & after the excellent reworking of Ancient Guardian, your community of players are expecting you to catch that same level of magic with reworking other now outdated in comparison areas of your game. How would you do it?

Well atleast your honest about my ideas, so now let’s try some reverse psychology.. YOU are now the Developer and it is now YOUR Job to rework this fight into something brand new, exciting and fun for a new generation of gamers- because keeping it the same as it’s always been since it’s inception just isn’t cutting it anymore & after the excellent reworking of Ancient Guardian, your community of players are expecting you to catch that same level of magic with reworking other now outdated in comparison areas of your game. How would you do it?

AG is very boring and i wouldn't want any fight to become like it, i'd keep FW as it currently is and possibly add more items that counter FW's abilities similarly to how brightshade staff, weather pain, bramble husk, lazy explorer, catapults etc. do even though that isn't their purpose

1 minute ago, grm9 said:

AG is very boring and i wouldn't want any fight to become like it, i'd keep FW as it currently is and possibly add more items that counter FW's abilities similarly to how brightshade staff, weather pain, bramble husk, lazy explorer, catapults etc. do even though that isn't their purpose

That’s just your biased opinion though, and as a developer it’s literally your job to ignore your own wants & desires and instead consider what’s best for the majority of the consumers of your product. Even if you personally think it sucks & is too easy, you want to make it as accessible as possible to your target audience, and your in charge of remastering the game for a new generating of gamers- (Dead Space 2013 vs the Remake) 

Now I ask you again, without keeping AFW the same as is, how would you improve this fight, make it new, exciting, fun and most importantly.. feel like it’s not the exact same game but instead a remake?

Im asking you these things because WHEN Klei choose to Rework AG, they didn’t just want the same old boss they already had, they wanted something different and new that felt like it was worthy of being in a DS Sequel.

That’s just your biased opinion though, and as a developer it’s literally your job to ignore your own wants & desires and instead consider what’s best for the majority of the consumers of your product. Even if you personally think it sucks & is too easy, you want to make it as accessible as possible to your target audience, and your in charge of remastering the game for a new generating of gamers- (Dead Space 2013 vs the Remake) 

Now I ask you again, without keeping AFW the same as is, how would you improve this fight, make it new, exciting, fun and most importantly.. feel like it’s not the exact same game but instead a remake?

Im asking you these things because WHEN Klei choose to Rework AG, they didn’t just want the same old boss they already had, they wanted something different and new that felt like it was worthy of being in a DS Sequel

that's why i'm not going to become a game developer, having to make what most people would enjoy instead of what i'd enjoy would suck and make it hardly different in comparison to any other programming related job 

1 hour ago, CyberSkink said:

Hi Klei,

Thanks!

Take a look at the recent prior beta notes, they did! *content and happy noises*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matkuf22 said:

Take a look at the recent prior beta notes, they did! *content and happy noises*

they did?

I thought they only did that to help console players...

would it be okay if you were to show me where they said they did it?

just tested it, the weather pain seems better, but not the basic targeting...

Edited by CyberSkink

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

They sure as hell don’t need 400hp

The Woven Shadows themselves wouldn't be able to be pushed off the edge, they'd just die since they currently only have 1 health!

FW restores 400 from eating them, but they all only have 1 health, so anything can instantly kill them!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CyberSkink said:

they did?

I thought they only did that to help console players...

would it be okay if you were to show me where they said they did it?

just tested it, the weather pain seems better, but not the basic targeting...

I don't think they changed the targeting priority if AF has shield.  They just improved targeting for weather pains and telepoofs for controller inputs.

I think changing AFW to have lower priority when his shield is up is a great suggestion.  Nothing frustrates me more in a game than when I KNOW what I'm trying to do, I'm doing the right inputs, but the game forces me to do something else.  When the woven shadows are close to afw and you want to pop them but get the attack in AFW, and consequentially suffer the knock back / stun it really burns me.  That is part of why I prefer the kiting method.  I lure AFW to the corner before the wovens are summoned so he is a reasonable distance away from them, and I can pop them as I need to get a path clear to start kiting.  Once I've started kiting I don't have to worry too much about them, just the timer before they expire and when I kill the hands to line up the spell casts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mykenception said:

I didn't know my lazy explorer melee attack was doing 400 damage

my god I didn't have to make glass cutters after all those years

Woven Shadow actually have 27,500 Hp, but you see being made of well shadow magic and all that only roughly translates to 1 hp.

The roles would be reversed if you yourself were a shadow too.

(this is obviously a joke post meant for the haha’s to lighten the mood of these forums a bit.)