Do you disable wildfires?

Do you disable them?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do you disable them?

• I do.
    • I don't.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:08 PM, Well-met said:

I don't, but if a fire starts in my base right outside of my screen view, i won't feel bad doing a rollback

Still you argued for hours against changing how wildfires work

Time set everything in their place

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

I do because I'm already kinda based biased against them. They probably wouldn't affect me much if I turn them on as I spent most of my summer time in the caves or on the ocean. My bases are small, so it'd be easy to control fires... mm...

Depends on your screen size.

If your screen is big enough to react, it doesn't matter.

One thing about wildfire is that it doesn't comes with benefit unlike many other features

Edited: typo, I meant doesn't provide benefit

Edited by KrazJoe

16 minutes ago, KrazJoe said:

Depends on your screen size.

If your screen is big enough to react, it doesn't matter.

One thing about wildfire is that it does comes with benefit unlike many other features

Oh? Do you mean its a benefit because it'll burn random trash that clutters the world or is there something else?

50 minutes ago, Semind said:

Oh? Do you mean its a benefit because it'll burn random trash that clutters the world or is there something else?

Typo, I meant doesn't.

Since we can burn things manually and controlled.

• Like 1

I like to work around a hazzard that kinda denies areas, and I like that it's unique in the sence that it's a risk issue not a flat out danger. You are risking by staying in your base. And I love that the danger is only present during day, which means you are hiding from the sun itself. Wildfires are kinda fun. 

But I don't like to use unload mechanic as an actual strategy. It's a mechanic that's not supposed to be acknowledged. It dosen't make sence to abandon your base to protect it from random combustion. And you have to use it, or else something will burn eventually barely off screen without you realizing. Proper counter in the face of a flingo is just bad, needs fuel has bad range. Also, smoldering counts as ambience and so is insanity asmr, so if you turn it off you won't even hear warning sound. Wildfires are kinda unfun. 

after I've had a big ass base burn on me offscreen (playing on console, was also in flingo range) I'm never keeping them on again if I ever invest enough time in a world. I usually start with them on and turn them off after a few hundred days so I don't worry about my builds

I used to spend the 11 wildfire days of summer in the caves, but F that, it's feels way too limiting after a while 

• Like 1