W.O.B.O.T needs better durability/self repair capabilities

W.O.B.O.T currently isn't all that fast at gathering items, so it's already not really infringing on things like the Lazy Forager, even ten W.O.B.O.Ts aren't exactly impressively fast at gathering unstacked items. With this in mind I think it'd be good to massively bump up their durability to reduce maintinence, or allow them to 'eat' repair kits from a chest. Alternatively, they could perhaps have the same repair efficiency but have a way higher max energy capacity so you can spend like 10 kits to make it last 10 times as long.

I'm OK with it having a cost but IMO it's kind of underpowered and I don't even think adding the ability to have many W.O.B.O.Ts would change anything about this. If it's going to require as much maintinence as it does now it should probably be on par with the lazy forager in terms of collection speed as scrap is definitely less affordable than nightmare fuel.

• Like 8

Aha, Wobot follows the same design rules as WX, Wobot even sparks in the rain (It's aesthetic, don't worry.)

I was just getting ready to make a post suggesting Wobot gets healed and works as a lightning rod!

• Like 11

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

Aha, Wobot follows the same design rules as WX, Wobot even sparks in the rain (It's aesthetic, don't worry.)

I was just getting ready to make a post suggesting Wobot gets healed and works as a lightning rod!

I think it'd maybe be good if it made it enter overload or somehow overcharged it, as otherwise this would really only boost its uptime during rainstorms which doesn't seem ideal. If you could overcharge it with Telelocator/End is Nigh it'd help, but that would also damage Telelocator networks usefulness which is not great so idk.

Maybe you could put WX's circuits into W.O.B.O.T? But that seems too specific and like it'd cause issues with balance and/or the need to swap to WX to get anything done with W.O.B.O.T. I really don't know if there's a good avenue to use the WX similarities while resolving the issue I am outlining.

As soon as I saw WOBOT I immediately thought of Sweepy from ONI. image.png.f638ec7c1a2ce8ec4f5a7947cefd9cb1.png This little guy. Little surprised WOBOT can decay. Figured it was more of a range based thing just to keep things tidy.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

I've played a couple of years now with a WOBOT and put it to work keeping my Beefalo pen tidy. The maintenance of the wobot is a tad frustrating. I'd like to see one of these two changes:

1. If there are repair kits in a chest within WOBOT's range, it should use them upon reaching low durability.
  2. Reduce the frequency of needing to manually apply a repair kit by simply giving WOBOT more durability.
  • Like 3

• Developer

Hi everyone, thank you for the input.

The W.O.B.O.T works for 2 days before breaking, that's about 400 items (same type).
What is happening right now is that it's consuming durability while offscreen, when it gets unloaded active.

This will be fixed, and we're working on an offscreen behavior for it.

• Like 24