Elastispacer should cost Spark Ark instead of Crown Shard

Right now there's no point in farming spark arks after obtaining bearger bin and howlitzer. As an item that opens up post-CC, the elastispacer would make more sense to require the new post-CC material. We actually want a decent number of larger chests, and this gives a use to keep farming the spark arks. 

• Like 7

The Spark Ark item is easy to obtain, as you don't need to face CC to activate the event. In fact, Klei would only be encouraging more people to activate the event in the settings and leave the CC useless.

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Like 4

The biggest incentive to fight the Ancient Fuelweaver is the fact that it resets the ruins.

What would be the incentive to fight the Celestial Champion multiple times?

Currently, the reason is to have infinite light at the base with the crown fragments or to create the W.a.r.b.i.s items. It gains even more relevance in this beta.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

The biggest incentive to fight the Ancient Fuelweaver is the fact that it resets the ruins.

What would be the incentive to fight the Celestial Champion multiple times?

Currently, the reason is to have infinite light at the base with the crown fragments or to create the W.a.r.b.i.s items. It gains even more relevance in this beta.

Anyone doing a decent amount of building is going to be fighting CC regularly for crowns for glowcaps. The fact that you could kill CC 3 times and have enough crown shards to make all the infinite chests you need is undermining your own argument here.

18 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

No it shouldn't lol

Low effort posts like this don't help the discussion. Would you please elaborate?

I think the issue is that the Spark Ark item can be obtained without having to fight CC (easy), but it is an item that takes time to obtain new ones (hard).

People would have to wait a long time (many world days) to get many super chests.

I think it's a bad idea for these reasons. There are many people who cannot stand worlds longer than 200 days. During this period, how many super chests would they have?

A single fight against CC would already have 6 chests, but you had to pay the price of getting to him.

But I agree with you that we need new uses for Spark Ark. I just don't think it would be in this item. It's just my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

CC also needs more rewards to make it's worth.

And killing a god being and using the pieces of its crown to make a quality of life device is really interesting thematically.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chaosmonkey said:

Right now there's no point in farming spark arks after obtaining bearger bin and howlitzer. As an item that opens up post-CC, the elastispacer would make more sense to require the new post-CC material. We actually want a decent number of larger chests, and this gives a use to keep farming the spark arks. 

I think there will be more items to be crafted with the spark arks that are still in development (I may risk tha they intend to make all seasonal bosses a crystal counterpart).

For me, the crown shard is fine. The only thing that still bothers me is how useless and unattractive the Ice Crystaleyezer is. 

On 3/14/2024 at 4:43 PM, chaosmonkey said:

I disagree this would be significantly worse. You only get 3 spark arks a year (only 1 for the first year) and players are already having issues of fighting over spark arks.

This has a decent amount of reactions so i really hope klei does not consider this.

On 3/14/2024 at 5:34 PM, Cruvimaster said:

The Spark Ark item is easy to obtain, as you don't need to face CC to activate the event. In fact, Klei would only be encouraging more people to activate the event in the settings and leave the CC useless.

It is 1 a year for the first one, and 3 a year for the rest.

Spark ark is used in multiple good recipes too. This would be a horrific change.

7 hours ago, erikac14 said:

1 boss kill gives you 6 upgrades and you can farm as many as you want

Its actually 8 shards total it can give which is even better

I predict that if Klei succumbs to madness and makes this item exchange, we will have dozens of topics asking for a way to multiply Spark Ark.

I think that whoever asks for this change must be playing in a world that is more than 1,000 days old and looking at a bunch of useless Spark Arks. With this much resource, it's kind of obvious to want to use it instead of fighting CC.

And I'm playing in a +2,000 world and I know exactly what I'm saying.

If klei changes the recipe to be a spark ark people will get mad and say "INFINTE CHEST TOO OP" even though they are forgetting that you can just drop stuff on the ground

12 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

I predict that if Klei succumbs to madness and makes this item exchange, we will have dozens of topics asking for a way to multiply Spark Ark.

I think that whoever asks for this change must be playing in a world that is more than 1,000 days old and looking at a bunch of useless Spark Arks. With this much resource, it's kind of obvious to want to use it instead of fighting CC.

And I'm playing in a +2,000 world and I know exactly what I'm saying.

We would probaly just beg for a revert.