New Celestial Champion materials do not feel improved (with suggestions)

Hello,

The upgraded CC materials feel equally if not more painful to farm than the previous recipe. For context, I've farmed a couple hundred CCs worth of materials at this point (pre beta) and a few CCs in beta. Prior to the changes, the statics were a bottleneck, but only just so. In the time I would farm 3 statics, I would also collect 19 gleams (collecting all that spawn at event and on the way to next wagstaff) and ~40 charged moonglass. Now, statics are obviously much easier to collect, but because the time was already so close before, now most of the time is spent just sitting around waiting for charged moonglass and moongleams to spawn. At least with the statics we were playing the game, now we are just standing around.

So the time commitment is only marginally better for moonstorm farming, but the added requirement of scrap has increased the overall time commitment to summon CC. I love the idea of including the wagstaff bits in the recipe; it makes a lot more sense now where all the material in the art comes from.

Many of us were hoping that these changes would make it less of a slog to farm lights for glowcaps. I have some thoughts on how to get there.

1. The meteors when hitting the incomplete experiment should cause 4 wagstaff bits to fall out. The experiment is currently being atomized, and it would make a bit more sense if it was merely smashed and some of the wagstaff material could be recovered.
  2. Move the moon gleam, charged moonglass, and wagstaff bits to the placer recipe; this would allow us to leverage construction amulets to noticeably impact how much farming we need to do. For stages 2 and 3 of the experiment, make the material requirement 1 static, then 1 celestial orb, respectively.

Number 1 alone would make the wagstaff bits requirement feel much better overall. Instead of 8 per boss, it's only 4. The rest of the recipe doesn't technically change, but it would enable late game players to summon CC more efficiently with green amulets.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 19

Honestly, just remove moongleams and infused moon shard after the first kill, so we only need scrap and celestial orb in the recipe after we assemble the altars.

Why do we need to gather resources to summon CC? The only other boss is FW but you can get as many shadow atrium as you want by using a boat and catapults.

I don't really like FW farming requirement for shadow atrium mostly because you need to wait for new moon to summon shadow pieces, let us summon them at any time or a way to make a night new moon but all characters should be able to do it.

Both bosses should be significantly easier to summon after the first kill.

For FW maybe have shadow atrium have durability after first kill and we are able to use the same one for like 3 kills? This isn't really an issue currently but I am taking into consideration that if using boat is patched and we aren't able to get more than one per shadow pieces fight.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

13 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Honestly, just remove moongleams and infused moon shard after the first kill, so we only need scrap and celestial orb in the recipe after we assemble the altars.

Better yet, just make us fight them without engaging with content.../sarcasm

The only other boss is FW but you can get as many shadow atrium as you want by using a boat and catapults.

An exploit isnt the best example of a good design, more likely shows how glitches creates unbalance

don't really like FW farming requirement for shadow atrium mostly because you need to wait for new moon to summon shadow pieces, let us summon them at any time or a way to make a night new moon but all characters should be able to do it.

How many Fw do you fight per year?? You can fight multiple tier3 shadow bosses at once or, if you play with other people,  you can keep rebuilding the statues before the last shadow dies to keep the fight going. I always fight 2 rooks at once and i never run out of hearts neither i feel like im grinding or waiting too much for them 

Also you can accelerate new moons with wicker

All your post feels like you dont like farming materials in a game about farming materials. Dst isnt a grindy game and stuff like gleams and infuse respawn time can be improvee to have a better experience to engage with this content instead of deleting it from the game loop for no good reason other than laziness and wanting instant rewards

Edited by arubaro

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

Better yet, just make us fight them without engaging with content

do you have fun holding space near infused moon glass rocks and moon gleams?

• Shopcat 1

3 minutes ago, grm9 said:

do you have fun holding space near infused moon glass rocks and moon gleams?

You have fun pressing buttoms in a videogame???

Such reductionist arguments are beyond dumb

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, arubaro said:

You have fun pressing buttoms in a videogame???

if that requires more thought than "go to something after it appears and start holding a button"

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Such reductionist arguments are beyond dumb

do i need to write full lists of thoughts and inputs that you do for getting moonstorm stuff and killing FW for you to realise that 1 of those is more boring?

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

How many Fw do you fight per year?? You can fight multiple tier3 shadow bosses at once or, if you play with other people,  you can keep rebuilding the statues before the last shadow dies to keep the fight going. I always fight 2 rooks at once and i never run out of hearts neither i feel like im grinding or waiting too much for them 

Also you can accelerate new moons with wicker

I fight 3 FW and AG to make 3 houndius shootius. It wouldn't be fun having to kill shadow pieces 3 times too and AG while easy fight it can be bypassed with anenemies, so technically you only need to be there for FW but can use catapults/houndius or any other method to make it faster. 

Obviously using catapults to get like 50 shadow atrium so that I can focus on FW and going to AG to collect horn.

There are quite a few things you can do with houndius shootius that can't be done with catapults and there is also no requirement to keep them powered, once they are placed they will continue shooting permanently unless you get them killed.

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

All your post feels like you dont like farming materials in a game about farming materials. Dst isnt a grindy game and stuff like gleams and infuse respawn time can be improvee to have a better experience to engage with this content instead of deleting it from the game loop for no good reason other than laziness and wanting instant rewards

I am not playing DST to farm materials that are hard to get but to kill bosses and build. A lot of materials can either be duped or have methods that you can use to gather them in large quantities.

Its not pure laziness, this isn't a job but a game that is played to have fun, collecting moongleams and infused moon shards so many times on the same world isn't fun. Anyone that builds mushlights/glowcaps will get bored of farming materials to start CC fight after x amount of times.

Edited by 00petar00

I don't know whose idea it was for today's changes to Gleam spawning and summoning lightning in the moonstorms, but I love you and those changes basically fixed this issue and another one. Thank you.

Thematically, it would still be neat if 1-2 wagstaff bits popped out when the incomplete experiment was hit with the meteors.

• Like 1