Scrapyard spawn location suggestion

I believe that the new setpiece should spawn in the mosaic biome, as it is a biome that has that scattered appearance and is the only mainland biome to have actual junk on the ground. As well as not having any unique feature that would make you go back there after the early days.

• Like 5

• Developer
On 3/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, ZeRoboButler said:

yeah the whole meteors destroying a resource we need to fight cc thing seems really really not fun at all.

On 3/11/2024 at 12:30 PM, Cassielu said:

One of the most important elements of this battle also precious non-renewable buildings will be randomly destroyed?

Sounds terrible

I could use more info on what you guys are referring to. 

Meteors won't destroy anything critical in the junk pile, on the contrary, they would do the work for you. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I could use more info on what you guys are referring to. 

Meteors won't destroy anything critical in the junk pile, on the contrary, they would do the work for you

unless this was changed, meteors destroy most items on the ground, so if a meteor hits somewhere twice, the loot from a junk pile might get destroyed

Edited by grm9
  • Like 5

• Developer
12 minutes ago, grm9 said:

unless this was changed, meteors destroy most items on the ground, so if a meteor hits somewhere twice, the loot from a junk pile might get destroyed

Ah yes, that is true. They do that.

• Like 12

I would like a different biome for the junkyard to spawn, the forest has a lot of stuff in it already. Rockylands, dfly desert, and mosaic are good biomes to put it in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Meteors won't destroy anything critical in the junk pile, on the contrary, they would do the work for you. 

Well, I mean, the fence...  they really make a difference in boss battles.:(

Edited by Cassielu

8 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Well, I mean, the fence...  they really make a difference in boss battles.:(

you can make the pig ram into the big junk pile that it came out of, which can't be destroyed

Mosaic Biome isn't all covered with meteor field though, so the scrappy Werepig could just be located in the uncovered area (like the graves are usually out of the meteors range).

I do think this setpiece fits Mosaic the most, but it also fits Deserts, Rockylands and somewhat Savanna.

Edited by Sapientis

7 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Why would wagstaff build a fence area where meteors fall instead of choosing a solitary and hidden by trees spot in the middle of the forest?

That and also in the trailers we clearly see him building his stuff in the forest. Not that i'm against having it in other biomes.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BalkanCockroach said:

That and also in the trailers we clearly see him building his stuff in the forest. Not that i'm against having it in other biomes.

Im not against it spawning in other biomes but i think forests are the more fitting ones

Imagine the junkyard in decidious? Totally out of place

The forest is such good area that's empty otherwise. After relocating all the pig houses I don't see a reason to ever revisit the forest without the altar. Well maybe to start a forest fire once for crockpots/racks.

It's in a good biome imo. 

I'd rather see the mosaic infested with useful to farm mobs. Like a moon lobster or something to fill the void. 

• Like 1