What do people think Maxwell's skill tree will contain?

Maxwell is strong character so i think his skill tree will be mostly like this:

+Shadow prison will last longer 

+Shadow Sneak working with more range 

+Little upgrade for duelist dmg

+Maybe new item?

+New spell?

+Shadows will drop more fuel 

+Being able to do charge with dark sword like his duelists? (op kinda)

+Duelists being able to do planar dmg 

But tbh i have no idea what klei is planning 

What do you guys think?

Edited by kehun
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kehun said:

+Duelists being able to do planar dmg 

TBH, this is the only thing Maxwell really "needs". Maxwell is very balanced and well adapted to the new content as it is.

Besides that I'd probably add a few touch ups here and there, like allowing workers to do new things like tilling, or row your boat. I think he will get a bland skill tree given how powerful he already is.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

So here’s an idea.. since shadow duelists can pick up physical items (like logs) for Maxwell, then logically they should be able to hold other physical items as well.. (like equipping them all with torches to hold for you or something)

But outside of that, Maxwell is literally holding in his hands the very book that summons the things that go bump in the night… so I’d like to see him be able to summon some cool new stuff (like maybe he can summon TerrorClaw or something)

Idk the guy is already pretty powerful as is.. doesn’t really need much, but I’m sure Klei can think of something.. even if it’s just stuff like:

Increased Dimensional Storage, or being able to lock his Shadow Box so only he can access the loots from inside.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

We will get another Wig/Wolfgang situation most likely. It's kinda funny how you get people who complain about power creep and people who complain the skill trees aren't impactful enough. Anyways...

I'll add a few more fluff skills not mentioned: 

1) Top hat inventory improvements. 1/2/3 extra spaces in the top hat you can't see in chester.

1a) The hat could have a new function that Wormwholes everything around maxwell into the hat as long as there is already one of that item in the hat.

1b) it could be a spell.

2) Duelists hitting nightmares. With varying degrees of damage if people think it's too strong 30/50/70% damage (though Wanda disintegrates nightmares...).

3) Worker efficiency increase.

4) New tool for workers? Maybe rowing, they could set themselves opposite of Maxwell and row only when he does. 

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

2) Duelists hitting nightmares. With varying degrees of damage if people think it's too strong 30/50/70% damage (though Wanda disintegrates nightmares...).

This would be a step too far considering they're already made from a fraction of a nightmare fuel I'd replace it with buffing them against lunar aligned and scaring gestalts.

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

This would be a step too far considering they're already made from a fraction of a nightmare fuel I'd replace it with buffing them against lunar aligned and scaring gestalts.

Yeah, that's probably better and makes more sense.

• Health 1