Small Transmutation QOL Suggestion for Wilson players.

This is a small request to make Wilsons Transmutation skills look more polished.

Currently, Wormwood and Woodie has special effects when crafting their skilltree items.

The thing is, Both of them have 3 items crafts and thats it. Meanwhile Wilson with all transmutation+Affinity can have up to Twenty six crafts.  Which is why I think he also deserves a unique crafting animation. And I think If klei pursue the same formula as Woodie's animation, It would fit perfectly With Wilson's transmutation crafts.

For instance, here's how Woodie's Woodwork animation looks:

woodiecraft.gif.4fb9327a89b20c1868687a44a83c3f54.gif

Here's my suggestion:

-Give Wilson's crafts Colorful Swirls that would change the color depending which transmutations you do.(Just like how Lucy gives red color)

-Give it a "POOF!" effect, Similar to what Wilson did in his original Animated short.(Replace the Wood bits with gas flying, if that makes sense.)

dont-starve-together-game-release.gif.442ee1876645a88932b9b1e68f211512.gif

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 2

I'm a REAL Wilson main, who actually enjoys him as a character (he's fun to me), and his TWENTY-SIX(!!!) transmutations are pretty lackluster. If there was even just a special effect when you craft stuff, that'd be fine. Really, though, I'd enjoy watching him use beakers, test tubes and various lab equipment, then have a giant puff of smoke, and you have your item(s).

• Like 4

Just now, The Starver said:

I'd enjoy watching him use beakers, test tubes and various lab equipment, then have a giant puff of smoke, and you have your item(s).

Hmm Thats a good idea. It could work Just Like how Woodie first pulls Lucy and then starts crafting.

• Thanks 3

Just now, mkemal23 said:

Hmm Thats a good idea. It could work Just Like how Woodie first pulls Lucy and then starts crafting.

Oh, yeah, you're right. It's pretty funny when my friend who I play DST with forgets to pull out Lucy before crafting. He's like: "Why isn't it working?????"

Anyways, I have no idea how it could be implemented, but please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top and chocolate sprinkles add a more fun transmutation animation.

PLEASE!!!!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

I'll be glad to see it in the game too! This will not affect the gameplay and balance in any way, so it will not contradict the words of the developers, but visually it will be really very pleasant, we respectfully ask you to klei

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 2

3 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I'll be glad to see it in the game too! This will not affect the gameplay and balance in any way

Honestly I disagree, I think this'd be a good opportunity to lower the time for each craft since mass-crafting transmutes is really slow and cannot be sped up with Winona due to being character specific.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

This is a small request to make Wilsons Transmutation skills look more polished.

Currently, Wormwood and Woodie has special effects when crafting their skilltree items.

The thing is, Both of them have 3 items crafts and thats it. Meanwhile Wilson with all transmutation+Affinity can have up to Twenty six crafts.  Which is why I think he also deserves a unique crafting animation. And I think If klei pursue the same formula as Woodie's animation, It would fit perfectly With Wilson's transmutation crafts.

For instance, here's how Woodie's Woodwork animation looks:

woodiecraft.gif.4fb9327a89b20c1868687a44a83c3f54.gif

Here's my suggestion:

-Give Wilson's crafts Colorful Swirls that would change the color depending which transmutations you do.(Just like how Lucy gives red color)

-Give it a "POOF!" effect, Similar to what Wilson did in his original Animated short.(Replace the Wood bits with gas flying, if that makes sense.)

dont-starve-together-game-release.gif.442ee1876645a88932b9b1e68f211512.gif

I saw someone with the idea to make it a spark of electricity too.

• GL Happy 1