Brighshades should target a few more plants now

Surely this is going to be controversial but here's how I see it. Now that the influence of Brightshades has been drastically improved by allowing players to specify what plants / areas are meant for (farming or decor plz keep out)... I wouldn't be against allowing Brightshades to target the rest of the food plants.

In the lategame, there are 3 plants that are performing amazing for the Crock Pot recipes they offer, practically free of work to do around them, and strictly unbothered by the Rifts activation. These are Banana Bushes, Lureplants and Figs.

Always, in the last couple of years, I found myself living out of Jelly Salad, Beefy Greens, Figatoni and Banana Shake / Daiquiri.
I solely play multiplayer, and every time I witness: my friends setting up the Lureplant Boats™, the immense field of bananas, the protection and abundance of food of canopies. And I must say, I don't dislike these nor wish for the recipes to be nerfed (except jelly salad). However these sources of food are by all means little too safe once it's in place in contrary to crops.

Personally, I would be willing to treat these plants the same I do for the very basic Berry Bushes, or Crops.

• I would fight Brightshades in order to gain Leafy Meat. I can't really see how Brightshades could fight on boats, unless it put either in a incredibly unpractical position (Could BS move between platforms ? Would they puncture hulls ?). Frankly I'd rather just say goodbye to Lureplant being able to grow on boats and instead welcome using hard flooring plantations.

• I would move a fair share of Banana Bushes in caves, their hometown, and I would like them to be affected by acid rain (and... winter), that's the trade for fighting BS less frequently. Bananas would be worth it in both levels still.

• I would still use canopies, but burn the vines in my base, and have dedicated trees for the production in safe places. Like for Lureplants I hardly see how BS could occupy Figs, floating on land or over water, so we could instead be getting a new Planar enemy, which would be cool so it's not the same thing everywhere.

Sure, this is a lot to change. Both for the devs to cook up, and for us to take. And I don't know about you, but I usually like when things get shaken a bit and that is a little too rare, in this direction.

• Like 8

I disagree with some. Figs make no sense to invade since they hang from the ceiling and dont touch the ground, if they can invade banana bushes, it would be a pain on the moonquay so only transplanted ones should be infected. 

Lureplants also make not much sense to infect traditionally... but i like the idea of turning into lunar lureplants, so good idea there.

Edited by Jakepeng99

7 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I disagree with some. Figs make no sense to invade since they hang from the ceiling and dont touch the ground, if they can invade banana bushes, it would be a pain on the moonquay so only transplanted ones should be infected. 

Lureplants also make not much sense to infect traditionally... but i like the idea of turning into lunar lureplants, so good idea there.

Oooh, Lunar Lureplant, I like that. It could make for some interesting transformation that bypass some of the simple ways to tame standard bulbs.

About the figs, I do agree that basic Brightshades wouldn't do well here, that's why I said I'd prefer a dedicated threat instead of them, I would suggest Fig Wasps but mutated since at this point planar enemies should become a bit more of a norm. Still I'd want them sparse and use the figs as host, not everywhere : )

43 minutes ago, ADM said:

floating on land or over water, so we could instead be getting a new Planar enemy, which would be cool so it's not the same thing everywhere.

I liked this suggestion.

Also, I would like to suggest that spiky bushes should also get infected by brightshades.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DSTUser said:

Lunar Lureplants that spawn in a Spring Lunar Hail (sorta like the mutated frogs)

I'm very into the idea of lunar lureplant, but what would that look like in terms of new mechanics? Whats the risk/reward factor? planar eyes? do the eyes become some sort of dangerous planar dmg dealing things? Do the plants lose the eyes in exchange for some other type of dangerous defense? Maybe it releases a sleeping perfume? And the rewards? is it just a leafy meat you get same as always? is it just double leafy meat? 

What if they became prickly and required bramble husk to retrieve the meat?

idk if any of these ideas are useable but spitballing is fun, lmk other thoughts

I'm going to take full advantage of the spritzer and use a lot of decoration as a result of it, but I'm disappointed in a way that we've lost the "Wild" aspect with it's use, because we must mitigate the threat or annoyance of brightshades depending on how one deals with it. 

I like the look of banana farms and the modest utility they have as well, but if brightshades went too nuts, in my head, all I see are solutions, but in turn, the solutions I see is something that long term players have already been doing all along. Do you growth in batches with character swapping, bundle wrap them and never interact with the farm.

Stuff like that gets in the way with general lifestyle gameplay. Which I personally don't really participate in, because as a Wigfrid co-main, I value eating leafy meat more what any vegetable has to offer.

But the thing with brightshades becoming more rampant might demand more utility free decoration. I do enjoy utility free decoration, but something about utility decoration is extra rewarding and having something like that get stepped on is a shame to me. 

Brightshades can be an interesting thing to manage either to your advantage or against it, but I don't like the idea of having them be the equivalent of a gnat with the destructive force of a grenade.