Why upgrade chests?

23 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Late game comes before end game. If it drops from literally the final boss that isn't late game. 

thank you!!!! saying CC is not late game just because klei adds more enemies to the game is completly unfair. look at how much we have to accomplish before we kill CC, of course its late game and it will always be. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Does it even matter?

In the same way that a lot of the ANR loot drops are still better than almost if not all the boss drops that have been being added since the start of RoT & all the newer content Klei has been adding to the game? It absolutely matters.

I’m personally still trying to figure out why a late game item you get from having to complete the entire CC questline, kill CrabKing, CC, Bearger & then Armored Bearger only has % value to preserve foods.. Meanwhile- go smack up the ANR boss BeeQueen and you get bundling wraps which permanently keep items stored inside fresh.

Not only do these Bundling wraps store foods and keep them permanently fresh, but they can also hold all your weapons, armors, healing supplies, crafting supplies etc.

So then tell me why exactly do I need to fight no less than 4 bosses to get a Bearger Bin that’s nowhere near as good as BQ’s drops, When that makes any sense to you, please do “Enlighten” me.

Whats my point? Klei needs to seriously think about rebalancing their game, something is allowed to be Overpowered & really good when it’s tied to end of the game boss fights, but then.. as long as newer content replaces what once was- Perhaps the older drops should maybe not be as “good” anymore?

• Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whats my point? Klei needs to seriously think about rebalancing their game, something is allowed to be Overpowered & really good when it’s tied to end of the game boss fights, but then.. as long as newer content replaces what once was- Perhaps the older drops should maybe not be as “good” anymore?

I understand what you're saying but what does all of this have to do with the chest upgrade?? As people mentioned before, you can literally throw all your items on the ground, so what's OP about a chest upgrade? It feels like you're taking the conversation somewhere else entirely. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

As zima blue said, it's not related to chests

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zima Blue said:

I understand what you're saying but what does all of this have to do with the chest upgrade?? As people mentioned before, you can literally throw all your items on the ground, so what's OP about a chest upgrade? It feels like you're taking the conversation somewhere else entirely. 

Sorry, I tend think 2 or 3 steps ahead so at face value I can see where it might be confusing.

Throwing things on the ground works perfectly fine I guess.. until Klei does something like make all Wormwoods precious Rot wash away in rain, which then makes using chests to store it within that much more useful.

The new beta patch notes mention both rot washing away in rain, and bats now chasing you down to eat your Nitre, both of these new challenge changes become significantly less of a problem if you have chests with mass amount of storage.

I suppose people will just say “it’s end game content” but that’s not exactly the truth, the bats in particular didn’t start trying to eat your Nitre until only AFTER the late game rifts open up..

I can see where I may have confused you guys though, I apologize :) 

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

both of these new challenge

They aren't challenging at all. For rot, they're already abundant from food waste, plus how much rot would you realistically need? A single chest is good enough for that. As for nitre, who even carry nitre in caves? For what? Endothermic fire?

Edited by _zwb
  • Like 1

I’m personally still trying to figure out why a late game item you get from having to complete the entire CC questline, kill CrabKing, CC, Bearger & then Armored Bearger only has % value to preserve foods.. Meanwhile- go smack up the ANR boss BeeQueen and you get bundling wraps which permanently keep items stored inside fresh.

Bearger Bin >>>>>> Bundling Wraps for food storage.

You get better slot reduction to carry multiple recipes for different purposes, the extreme spoilage reduction is practically as-good-as freezing it, and there is no upkeep to add / view / remove from it as you go.

GJ to Klei for its design since the bundling wraps still serve their purpose for non-crock pot food items, as well as general inventory condensing.  Neither invalidates the other.

• Like 2

The new beta patch notes mention both rot washing away in rain, and bats now chasing you down to eat your Nitre, both of these new challenge changes become significantly less of a problem if you have chests with mass amount of storage.

ahh..:tranquillity:  so we actually just play different game level. i actually never see losing rots as a challenge. nor having problem killing bats hungry with nitre. i can see how u think the tall chest is OP for you mike. 

sorry for doubting your opinion on how OP the tall chest for u .. finally i can get goodnight sleep :tranquillity:

• Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

When that makes any sense to you, please do “Enlighten” me.

food lasts 20x (more than enough), doesn't drop from the ground, doesn't need 3 grass when I wanted to take a munch, I get to see what's inside of the container, have low spoilage dishes easily accessible (like high sanity dishes) without worrying that they'll spoil in my inventory later on, you get more food per slot

I'm checking to see if it protects your food from acid rain, toadstool spore and prevents bunnymen from going bonkers

bats now chasing you down to eat your Nitre, both of these new challenge changes become significantly less of a problem if you have chests with mass amount of storage.

Bats that do this are only in the caves, post-rift and are still bats, you can one shot them with any good weapon. And when you're in post rift, your weapons and such are already sufficient to handle them

also, why would you base near bat spawners in the caves? if you picked a better location then your precious nitre wouldn't be a problem. That and since cave earthquakes exists, you'd be very much keep those things on some sort of container or build a pillar

until Klei does something like make all Wormwoods precious Rot wash away in rain

you know how easy it is to amass rot as wormwood right? juicy berrybushes and all that, even just gathering lightbulbs and poking toad gives you immediate rot, and besides, I get too much of it whenever I'm opening a bunch of stone fruit or consistently harvesting kelp or overproducing food. You can also use shadow chester as an accelerant

rot washing away was mainly to deal with rot accumulation from random seeds that birds drop. It's effect in survival is actually rather miniscule (I keep most of my rot in my spectackler box anyway)

Edited by mykenception
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mykenception said:

you know how easy it is to amass rot as wormwood right? juicy berrybushes and all that, even just gathering lightbulbs and poking toad gives you immediate rot, and besides, I get too much of it whenever I'm opening a bunch of stone fruit or consistently harvesting kelp or overproducing food. You can also use shadow chester as an accelerant

rot washing away was mainly to deal with rot accumulation from random seeds that birds drop. It's effect in survival is actually rather miniscule (I keep most of my rot in my spectackler box anyway)

I mean yeah? But that doesn't change their original point. Hopefully they'll make Rot washing away an option in the World Settings so people can decide whether or not to have it on. Best of both worlds.

4 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

I mean yeah? But that doesn't change their original point. Hopefully they'll make Rot washing away an option in the World Settings so people can decide whether or not to have it on. Best of both worlds.

he was arguing the point of the chest upgrade and later on how dropping things on the ground isnt great because of all the new challenges he pointed out. We provided explanations as to why it isn't the case and it can easily be solved. So idk what other original points he made that weren't addressed.

and yes, it certainly fine with the rot washing away in the rain a world setting toggle

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

IS it late game though?? I mean just because it’s tied to CC doesn’t make it late game.. if CC was the final game boss,

If you equate CC as the final boss and post rift content as NG+, yeah it's beyond late game

if you equate CC as late game and post rift as final tier, then yeah, late game

it uses enlightened shard, pure brilliance and scrap metals, its already a post rift item if you don't have lunar wilson and only fought CC. Mike, please its already an item waaay beyond what an average survivor can reach. 

even if you turn on NG+ (rifts), you still can't immediately build it because you need to beat CC

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

In the same way that a lot of the ANR loot drops are still better than almost if not all the boss drops that have been being added since the start of RoT & all the newer content Klei has been adding to the game? It absolutely matters.

Not only do these Bundling wraps store foods and keep them permanently fresh, but they can also hold all your weapons, armors, healing supplies, crafting supplies etc.

So then tell me why exactly do I need to fight no less than 4 bosses to get a Bearger Bin that’s nowhere near as good as BQ’s drops, When that makes any sense to you, please do “Enlighten” me.

Confort, easier access and having 6 dishes in 1 slot instead of 4 per slot. Is balanced and dont step on each other making both useful together