What do you NOT want in a Wurt skill tree?

What do you hope klei avoids adding that can make her overall worse, or just be a waste? Here is what i think: (i will repeat some past points too)

1. Don't add straight up buffs to merms in combat. They are already powerful once set up, add new combat options instead.

2. No combat focus. There can be some combat things, maybe add 1 new combat follower, but combat followers is meant to be webber's thing. Wurt's thing should be utility.

3. Don't make merm houses cheaper (unless it is in an interesting way). A problem with Wurt is that she is underpowered without her merms, but once they are set up, she is the polar opposite. Instead, Klei can try to aim to bridge the gap by adding more Wurt upsides in between. (I like the formula of unlocking a new merm, and then unlocking a skill related to its.

4. Nothing like "Gain more health from the merm king". It crosses the line with wx, and would be filler that does not improve Wurt.

Also Wurt trash, so weak and garbage my little sister wrote this post.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

1. Don't add straight up buffs to merms in combat. They are already powerful once set up, add new combat options instead.

2. No combat focus. There can be some combat things, but combat followers is meant to be webber's thing. Wurt's thing should be utility.

This, pretty much. 

I swear to the one and only, Merm King, if Wurt's skillset will be >40% fighting oriented perks and buffs to merm guards... I'll be mildly upset :v (fortunately, I now have Woodie's skillset to keep me at peace, but hopefully Wurt's, Winona's and Walter's will be just as good, if not even better) 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skile said:

This, pretty much. 

I swear to the one and only, Merm King, if Wurt's skillset will be >40% fighting oriented perks and buffs to merm guards... I'll be mildly upset :v (fortunately, I now have Woodie's skillset to keep me at peace, but hopefully Wurt's, Winona's and Walter's will be just as good, if not even better) 

Jokes aside, merm guards are extremely powerful. Buffing them would just make her more busted in the scenario she makes merm warriors, making a design issue of Wurt stick out even more. Merm guards should maybe have like, 0 skills unless they are side grades. 

Having 6 merm guards is already powerful for general combat.

I hope they WON'T add any new types of Merm houses, for example something similar to shops from Hamlet. Trading with Merms would be absolutely TERRIBLE

• Like 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Wavey 2

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Jokes aside, merm guards are extremely powerful. Buffing them would just make her more busted in the scenario she makes merm warriors, making a design issue of Wurt stick out even more. Merm guards should maybe have like, 0 skills unless they are side grades. 

Having 6 merm guards is already powerful for general combat.

True. Like, there's both an issue of balance (make them more powerful and it's just too much, they're already 660 hp, 50 dmg mobs that can be easily mass befriended and revive in 4 minutes) and an issue of redundancy(make them stronger... for what exactly? What would you need stronger guards for, that current guards can't do?). 

The one thing I would love to see is better control over your merms, but preferably it wouldn't be just for combat, but for easier task management too. 

1 minute ago, Sikers said:

I hope they WON'T add any new types of Merm houses, for example something similar to shops from Hamlet. Trading with Merms would be absolutely TERRIBLE

angry-smiley-emoticon-vector-5061985.jpg.7c3626304d6f60e1f1cd8ac1394751ae.jpg

1 minute ago, skile said:

The one thing I would love to see is better control over your merms, but preferably it wouldn't be just for combat, but for easier task management too. 

Also a way to make all merms in the world aggressive while the king is alive, and a way to make followers in aggressive mode.

• Haha 1
  • Spooky 1

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

angry-smiley-emoticon-vector-5061985.jpg.7c3626304d6f60e1f1cd8ac1394751ae.jpg

Also a way to make all merms in the world aggressive while the king is alive, and a way to make followers in aggressive mode.

As long as they don't go back to attacking players and, like, chester, sure. 

15 minutes ago, skile said:

As long as they don't go back to attacking players and, like, chester, sure. 

chester, glommer, and players could all get a right of passage effect but for merms while the king is alive, as opposed to just making them less aggressive towards everything.

also I'd like it if there was a perk that extended her 33% Hunger bonus to Sanity and then a perk that extends it to Health.

these should be optional and on the side, and you'd have to pick +33% sanity from food in order to unlock the +33% health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copyafriend said:

Wurt bad

1 hour ago, Sikers said:

Is this reverse psychology?

• Like 2

Honestly, I just don't want a Wurt skill tree, period. Wurt and Webber are my favorite characters and I feel like literally any sort of skill trees for them will miss the point of their designs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryusuta said:

Honestly, I just don't want a Wurt skill tree, period. Wurt and Webber are my favorite characters and I feel like literally any sort of skill trees for them will miss the point of their designs.

Yeah, so we gotta drill it into Klei's head since they are inevitable.

• Like 1

Things I don’t want? Klei to listen to the community like they did with Wigfrids Refresh and cried “she’s mostly fine as is” I had to wait till Wigfrids Skill Tree before she actually got some of the stuff I had wanted in her original rework.

So if they listen to forum members again “Wurts fine she doesn’t need skill Tree” that’s the one thing I DONT want.

But one of the things I definitely DO WANT is the ability for Wurt to swim small durations, (as in she’s like Walani and her surfboard, except she has a Stamina bar for how long she can stay in water..) 

I DONT want her to gain a skill perk that lets her eat meat, although Klei could write that one off as her being a small child and only following the rule of her “people” but when she got around other survivors they taught her that to survive in the wilderness you will do what must be done to survive- Even if you don’t like it. (Wickerbottom explains that fried chicken ain’t so bad & teaches her hunting skills)

I know that it’s so Not Wurt, but that’s exactly why it’s on the list of things I DO NOT WANT.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

(Stick to the plan)

The plan. Yes. The top secret plan that we cannot tell anyone about, which is so secret that nobody knows about it...

Um, guys... What's the plan? (joke question)

Edited by The Starver
Explained that I'm joking
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I DON'T WANT HER TO START EATING MEAT, AND I DON'T WANT HER TO MAKE A MASK FOR PIGS

* there is no reverse psychology here, I really don't want this

Yeah, the pig mask would be dumb.

The only real downside from the pig thing is no pig king trades.

• Thanks 1

Non-equivalents alinements 

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

I DON'T WANT HER TO START EATING MEAT, AND I DON'T WANT HER TO MAKE A MASK FOR PIGS

* there is no reverse psychology here, I really don't want this

Personally I’d be good with them doing leafy meat for the shadow alinement because of what her triumphant skin is based on (bull shark)

Edited by Dr.Webber
  • Like 1

Wurt bad, florp.

I'm really hoping it isn't all incremental stat buffs on fish spoilage and such. I don't really get into playing Wurt as she is because I can already build rabbit hutches to achieve whatever feats the merms can.

I think Wurt is the prime candidate for having minions who can get a bit out of hand. Klei mentioned how they like that aspect in Cult of the Lamb and would enjoy designing something like that for Don't Starve. I also think it would be cool if there was special merm constructs in the tree and you can't take them all. Maybe it's because taking one locks out another branch or maybe it's because there is some anti-synergy involved. I want specialize in the skill trees, not optimize. If you play with other Wurts you could then exploit your differences.

To demonstrate, my suggestions would be mycologist hut and a fish market.

The mycologist grows harvest-able mushrooms but causes fungal spores to mutate nearby merms, making them sluggish and zombie like. No longer retreating in combat, they pursue relentlessly while being number to pain.

The fish market causes nearby merms to offer trades (fungal infected merms can't trade). A non-spoiling currency can be a reward type that the player can use to hire merms. Maybe the merms sometimes ask for more esoteric items that might be cause for concern.

In theory, you wouldn't be able to take both perks. You need to decide how you want to run your merm village or play with other Wurts to experience a combination of skill tree perks.

I'd also like if Klei incorporated some vibes from the Gorge. Maybe even a little lore explanation about what that was all about.

image.png.83ef35b5a7689fec8d2bf261900cf780.png

Edited by Ridley
Forgot this was about what we don't want
  • Like 3