It's over wilsonbros...

6 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

He's not working for klei. He's baiting you to argue with him. And you guys getting the bait.

There are a lot of different opinions here. Some people want Wilson to be changed completely, and some (including me) thinks that little number changes could make it work.

Some people are more emotinal when writing their posts and others aren't. Which is comepletly fine.

What's not fine is purposely going into a thread thats filled with people who disagrees with you and spamming the same "If you want change then you hate this character","If you disagree with me then you obviously didn't played this game as much as me" etc.

It's like me entering a Wormwood thread and spamming "Wormwood is a farming character therefore, he doesn't need any of the changes you guys suggest. And if you disagree, clearly none of you guys haven't played this game as much as me." under every single suggestion.

No, it's like you starting a Wormwood thread and saying "This healing downside thing is too hard, remove it. And why does he have plant stuff? Remove all of his plant stuff. I don't like blooming, I don't like planting crops, I don't like making living logs, I don't like his crafts. Get these outta here! Wormwood's completely unplayable!", then when someone says that the point of Wormwood is being a plant that can't heal with food you say he's just baiting you to argue with him. 

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, Ardcrumb said:

I regret making this thread

Don't regret this. Look how many people commented here. We got many ideas out, it was great despite the heated discussions.

9 hours ago, Castiliano said:

I never change characters and I still don't think the torch tab is good compared to the transmutation one.

This. As I said earlier, the transmutation tree makes sense for Wilson since it was part of his character. Alchemy was the "old science" of turning any ore into gold. Gold was valuable and highly sought back then since it was a good electrical conductor before it was replaced by copper.

Screenshot_20240304_094114_Chrome.jpg.3ebb6b2b345635babe2c6c2a213f4f83.jpg

Or have people forgotten the first thing we saw of Wilson in cinematic/short-wise was him mixing chemicals? Or his silly bit of lore in the loading tips?

Screenshot_20230518_132054_Chrome.jpg.1f9cab680701e050c3294965e2dc1d92.jpg

Chemistry. He likes chemistry. That is part of his character. Even if the game's version of chemistry was near to nonexistent aside from the Mad Scientist Lab, it still made sense.

Same goes for the beard.

21 hours ago, Anis5240 said:

His "mechanic" ever since in DS era was his beard. It kept him stay warm in winter for a longer time, and he himself had said how he loves his beard.

"I made them with my face." - Wilson inspecting beard hair in DS.

"I made it with my beard!" - Wilson inspecting beard hair rug.

"It's only gross when they're not your own." - Wilson inspecting beard hair in DST, after his rework.

The beard was a part of him, so it made sense for him to have the beard branch.

And again I ask, what is the torch in his life? There was zero indication of it being his favorite or anything. It was simply part of the ingrained thing Klei did in their posters. You don't see Wilson and call him "the torch guy", as much as Klei likes shoving it to people's faces. He is NOT.

You see him and think of him as "the science guy." The Gentleman Scientist. NOT the Torch Bearer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anis5240 said:

You see him and think of him as "the science guy."

He's the everyman, actually. The vanilla option.

3 hours ago, Anis5240 said:

And again I ask, what is the torch in his life? There was zero indication of it being his favorite or anything. It was simply part of the ingrained thing Klei did in their posters. You don't see Wilson and call him "the torch guy", as much as Klei likes shoving it to people's faces. He is NOT.

I see it as more metaphoric. Plus, like Wilson, torches are an iconic part of the game.