Does wormwood's gem imply we'll get to use more moon gems one day?

57 minutes ago, marshyds said:

Wormwood has a gem on his chest, which birthed him. Maxwell remarks that he wants to see what it does.

Will we ever get to use the gem or more moon gems in general?

It is a green gem

Edited by arubaro

40 minutes ago, grm9 said:

the video about wormwood's release mentions that it isn't a green gem in description

Where? In the youtube description there isnt any mention to the gem

Subscribe for more Don't Starve animations! Every character has their story, and with each refresh, we will be revealing a bit more of their past. See what memories Wormwood has to share with you!

Though the circumstances of his creation were unusual at best, Wormwood came into this world full of optimism and curiosity, ready to make new friends and see all that life had to offer. But as time wore on and he experienced the cold sting of rejection, he came to learn what the moon above had always known: Wormwood the Lonesome does not belong here.

while ingame wormwood says "Looks familiar..."

Also, would be really dumb and unispired to have another gem that is also green but has nothing to do with ingame gems.

9 minutes ago, arubaro said:

Where? In the youtube description there isnt any mention to the gem

i'm almost certain that there was a description that mentioned something like "not to be confused with a green gem", maybe they changed it since it ended up being not mentioned anywhere else and not mattering for anything

Edited by grm9

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

My favourite thing about wormwood as a child was how each skin had a different gem.

HOW to P2W as Wormwood from Don't starve together!

FOLLOW these EASY STEPS!

1) Wait for summer

2) Change to the hollow skin

3) Blue gem = cold

4) Temperature drops during summer

5) profit

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I've always liked to think that our regular nightmare magic green gems dealt with construction and deconstruction of inorganic materials and objects while Wormwoods green gem deals with construction and deconstruction of biological matter. Hence why he comes to life in the first place!

We've properly seen the iridescent gem and Wormwood gem as lunar counterparts to yellow and green gems so itd be fun to see what the others might do/look like!

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I've always liked to think that our regular nightmare magic green gems dealt with construction and deconstruction of inorganic materials and objects while Wormwoods green gem deals with construction and deconstruction of biological matter. Hence why he comes to life in the first place!

We've properly seen the iridescent gem and Wormwood gem as lunar counterparts to yellow and green gems so itd be fun to see what the others might do/look like!

Arent regular gems from the moon as seen when you mine hot springs? Opals seems to be just a yellow fuelled with moon energy because reasons

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Heres a few ideas for theoretical moon staves (might make this into a concept later if you don't mind)

To get them you have to put a gem staff on the moon pedestal like a star caller during a full moon

Deconstruction staff -> Regrow staff

GEM: Green gem -> the wormwood one

USE: Use it on 1 placed plant (berry, banana bush ect) to make rapid duplicates of it in a 3 tile radius.

Ice staff -> Freezerburn staff

GEM: Blue gem -> Aqua marine

USE: Freezes ocean water in a 10 tile radius, making it walkable on for 4-6 days depending on the season.

I’d love to get more uses for the opal/iridescent gem someday. It’s such an interesting material conceptually, it’s a shame all it can do is activate the archives and craft a wickerbottom book. 

Make moonlense crafts for the remaining gems while you’re at it, btw

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marshyds said:

Wormwood has a gem on his chest, which birthed him. Maxwell remarks that he wants to see what it does.

Will we ever get to use the gem or more moon gems in general?

Maxwell remarks on all the gems. He's always like "this is such a bad use of its power, I'm totally way better at magic than this" and "I guess this isn't a terrible use of its power if we have to but I'm still totally waaaay better at magic than this". He just wants attention. He thinks he's really cool and aloof if he keeps hinting at the gems being used for more without ever doing it. His rework was originally going to give him a skin where he's wearing a Shadow the Hedgehog t-shirt, but they realized that they don't have the copyright so they changed it last minute.

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

My favourite thing about wormwood as a child was how each skin had a different gem.

Something about it my 12 year old brain loved to bits. My favourite is the rosete.

Wormwood's DST rerelease date is so long ago that people are reminiscing about how they were children during it.

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

He thinks he's really cool and aloof if he keeps hinting at the gems being used for more without ever doing it

pretty sure he just means that it's best to use them for making amulets and staves, his quotes about those only mention the gems lacking, not the staves and amulets

42 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Maxwell remarks on all the gems. He's always like "this is such a bad use of its power, I'm totally way better at magic than this" and "I guess this isn't a terrible use of its power if we have to but I'm still totally waaaay better at magic than this". He just wants attention. He thinks he's really cool and aloof if he keeps hinting at the gems being used for more without ever doing it. His rework was originally going to give him a skin where he's wearing a Shadow the Hedgehog t-shirt, but they realized that they don't have the copyright so they changed it last minute.

maxwell try to be useful in explaining the lore challenge (fail)

the green gem specifically has time altering abilities, based on character quotes

alternatively, crab king (lunar creature) uses green gems to gain more claws (with more health), which when combined with wormwood's existance implies that the green gems have an ability to create? grow? sentient organic material

headcannon-wise, i think the nightmare fuel gives green gems the ability to revert time on an object, similar to wanda's ageless watch, and lunar magic gives green gems the ability speed up time on an object

as for the construction amulet, everyone talks about how its either enlightening to wear, or how it breaks the laws of thermodynamics, so ig its possible that the time abilities allow you to bend space time and ruin the concept of conservation with scifi gravity shenanigans

afterall, time works differently in the constant

Wormwoods Lunar skin body slot items description:

"Home is where the heart is, even if your heart is a mysterious green gem."

But honestly I think there is something more, I like to think some of the skins have canon what-if relevance to them and the gem changes to suit Wormwoods current status and personality, turning black in his triumphant skin for example. It does more than a green gem, it changes in seemingly endless possibilities depending on external factors.

3 hours ago, cropo said:

But honestly I think there is something more, I like to think some of the skins have canon what-if relevance to them and the gem changes to suit Wormwoods current status and personality, turning black in his triumphant skin for example. It does more than a green gem, it changes in seemingly endless possibilities depending on external factors.

are the skins even canon? cuz it opens up a lot of questions if so.

if the skins are canon then my bet is that someone just spray paints wormwood's gem when giving him a makeover or smth.

Edited by marshyds