Game balance and game's direction poll.

Is it?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Is the game balanced well?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Unsure.
  2. 2. Do you enjoy the current balance of the game?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • More or less.
  3. 3. Do you think the current direction of the game that Klei been taking is right?

• I think they are doing well for this game and I'm enjoying my time playing it.
    • I think things could be better or different than where things are going.
    • I think the game is going in a bad way and it's ruining my experience.
    • I think I prefer singleplayer over multiplayer mechanics.
    • What direction?
  4. 4. Since Klei chose to go slower with their update releases, how does that affect your experience?

• Great! They should take all the time it takes to improve on content.
    • It's okay I guess. I'll miss monthly updates.
    • I'm indifferent.
    • I'm a little annoyed by this change.
    • Bad, I HATE waiting!
  5. 5. Is the gameplay of DST too easy? Or too hard? Or just fine?

• Too easy.
    • Too hard.
    • Just fine.

4 minutes ago, grm9 said:

that's ranged

forgot about those, would still be annoying since you need to do it twice per mactusk and you can kill 20 of them per winter though

So? Do you want 2 of the best items in the game or not?

27 minutes ago, arubaro said:

So? Do you want 2 of the best items in the game or not?

no, i almost never use them since walter and maxwell don't benefit from them at all, i usually only kill them for 1 lazy explorer or other people

Edited by grm9

i think the game is balanced just fine it's just that i want klei to add new challenges though. new islands that can be a juxtaposition to ruins rushing

i think klei should add new ways to play out the first 72 days, and the ocean has huge potential for this

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1

I may prefer the style of DS, which is the game style of "adventure defined by death". So I would think the game is a bit simpler.

Of course, DS is not a DST, and even if it were simpler, I would accept it. Of course, I still hope to have an independent and difficult but well-designed mode (such as the never compromising mod) that can emerge.

I think we are far from having a balanced game, when there are still such basic things that are completely unbalanced, like Maxwell who basically uses all of Wickerbottom's perks, which only became more annoying after both were refreshed.

2 hours ago, Castiliano said:

I think we are far from having a balanced game, when there are still such basic things that are completely unbalanced, like Maxwell who basically uses all of Wickerbottom's perks, which only became more annoying after both were refreshed.

can you please elaborate on why maxwell being able to read books is annoying?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Castiliano said:

I feel like Maxwell SHOULD be able to read her books tho. It makes sense in lore and gameplay.

4 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I feel like Maxwell SHOULD be able to read her books tho. It makes sense in lore and gameplay.

I think the problem is that pretty much all of her character power is in those books.  Previous to her rework this was fine b/c you'd AT LEAST swap to Wicker to craft the books.  With her library added these all just become extra Maxwell perks - and Maxwell is already quite OP without them...

If Wicker had more power in HER, or Max wasn't so OP on his own I think ppl wouldn't mind as much.

ngl I dread the day Max gets his skill tree tacked ON TOP of everything he already has...

Edited by Yuuko

2 hours ago, Seero said:

can you please elaborate on why maxwell being able to read books is annoying?

Yes, i can: It's a problem and annoying because it's like having two characters in one.

plus arguments. I think there's a greater tension about this nowadays after the refreshes due to the fact that the books don't even "end" anymore, so you don't even need Wickerbottom after having all the books, if he can read them. Added to the fact that Maxwell now has a very interesting kit — here's a personal opinion: before the rework of both, I didn't think Maxwell's kit was that interesting, so him reading her books was just an extra, but now I feel that the character runs on his own and that it is unfair for BOTH to have access to all her perks. As I always say, they are HER books, after all.

• Shopcat 1

14 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

I think the problem is that pretty much all of her character power is in those books.  Previous to her rework this was fine b/c you'd AT LEAST swap to Wicker to craft the books.  With her library added these all just become extra Maxwell perks - and Maxwell is already quite OP without them...

If Wicker had more power in HER, or Max wasn't so OP on his own I think ppl wouldn't mind as much.

ngl I dread the day Max gets his skill tree tacked ON TOP of everything he already has...

So you're basically saying that if another character has a sinergy with them, they are too "Overpowered" and that should not be the case.. in a non-competitive game where Wx78+Wickerbottom was once consider to be fun.

Why are you so concerned about others having fun? Just because THAT character isn't the spotlight of it's own skills doesn't equal to it being useless. They can still use their perks.

Edited by Swiyss

10 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

So you're basically saying that if another character has a sinergy with them, they are too "Overpowered" and that should not be the case.. in a non-competitive game where Wx78+Wickerbottom was once consider to be fun.

Why are you so concerned about others having fun? Just because THAT character isn't the spotlight of it's own skills doesn't equal to it being useless. They can still use their perks.

If player A is using Wicker and player B is using WX, player A can cast a spell on player B to give them overcharge for a long period of time.

If player A crafts all of Wickers books and switches to Maxwell they get all of Maxwells powers with all of Wickers powers too.

Hmm....

oneofthesekids.jpg

Do you really feel those 2 situations are comparable?  Is that really what you think synergy is?

To me I'm not very happy with the direction the game seems to be going since it seems to be going more casual for a more mainstream audience with stuff like character skills making all the characters feel like OP fantasy rpg characters instead of normal-ish people who were granted strange abilities from an eldritch force and the scrapbook being so in your face and adding "point of interest" areas with big ( ? ) which reminds of mobile games that hold the player's hand guiding and telling you what you have to do..

I hope that this year the game will focus more on feeling like a semi-challenging uncompromising survival game like Don't Starve was instead of becoming more and more casual with all the challenging content basically just being raid boss, raid boss, and some more raid boss...

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, Swiyss said:

I don't see how a character using ALL of another character's perks makes sense for gameplay.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 11:50 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

These poll options are rigged.

I feel like the game is going in the wrong direction, but according to this poll if i say that, it is ruining my experience. The neutral option is too minor and suggests i want a minor change.

You shouldn't put your own opinion inside the poll options. For example, number 4 should just be: Great, it is ok, indifferent, bad, really bad.

Kind of what I was thinking;  I couldn’t really choose any options that suited my opinion.

The updates and content is cool but could be executed better. Maybe listen to the community, Reaching a good public consensus. So far from what I’ve seen, most people want to refine or overhaul past features. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:06 PM, Castiliano said:

Yes, i can: It's a problem and annoying because it's like having two characters in one.

that sounds fun. not annoying , sorry but i don't and am not going to attempt to understand this

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seero said:

that sounds fun. not annoying , sorry but i don't and am not going to attempt to understand this

It's a problem because Wickerbottom become a swap character. No character should be a swap character.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Seero said:

Maybe it's a matter of perspective. Mine is that each character has to be respected and not be one step towards another. Clearly, I see Wickerbottom being totally disrespected in this situation.

On 2/24/2024 at 4:55 AM, Cheggf said:

He doesn't have her immunity to sleep. 

you got me

2 hours ago, arubaro said:

No one forces you to swap

This argument is simply the worst of all used around here by the forum. It's like there could be anything bad in the game, but because we can ignore it, we should just do it. No, luckily I care about the game and don't want bad designs or mechanics.

Klei adds a food that allows the character to gain the power of invincibility for some minutes. You: just don't eat it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

No, luckily I care about the game and don't want bad designs or mechanics

so what's your suggested solution? Remove/nerf character swapping to annoy people that use it and change nothing for people that don't?

25 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

This argument is simply the worst of all used around here by the forum. It's like there could be anything bad in the game, but because we can ignore it, we should just do it. No, luckily I care about the game and don't want bad designs or mechanics.

Klei adds a food that allows the character to gain the power of invincibility for some minutes. You: just don't eat it

Isnt the same lol. Nobody forces you to use maxwell instead of wicker. If you want to play as maxwell do it

If you are a min max maniac isnt wicker's design fault

Actually in my megabase world i have played quite a bit of wicker but never touched maxwell, also i played warly the most because i find it fun, way funnier than simply using his foods with other characters.. seems like klei dont know my adress to treat me with a gun in my head to switch characters

• Like 1