What updates do you think dst needs?

What Update is the most wanted in dst? (Lag update is not counted)  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice.

• Character Updates
    • Riff Updates
    • World Updates (Ocean, cave and mainland. Atmosphere, new biomes and such)
    • Skins
    • Bosses
    • Revisit of existing things (like reap what you sow)
    • Other
  2. 2. What World update is more important/needed?

• Mainland
    • Caves
    • Ocean
  3. 3. What kind of bosses do you want?

• Raid bosses (strong optional ones, bee queen, dragonfly, ect)
    • Normal bosses (like ancient guardian, malbatross, werepig and frostjaw)
    • Survival bosses (Bosses that threaten your survival. Deerclops, antlion, lord of fruitflies ect)
    • More riff bosses.

44 minutes ago, goatt said:

- snip -

Yeah I understand the desire but, at least to me, players shouldn't have as much freedom as they have now. It feels like DST has becoming a little too sandboxified for my taste. I like having daily, seasonal, and yearly tasks that I need to complete because the world is harsh and survival in of itself is not an easy thing to accomplish. Granted I am conflicted slightly because the RWYS update is my personal favorite because the system is more interesting than the previous farming method. Granted it made food too accessible (among other added things). So really just personal taste and what each individual wants from the game. No one is wrong just different.

44 minutes ago, goatt said:

And really lastly, the game did recently offer more non-optional bosses and challenges as game progresses, namely, brightshade mobs and lunar version of seasonal challenges.

They are non-optional after an optional boss is defeated. Rendering it optional since you can go 10000 years without ever encountering them if you never killed CC.

Edited by Evelo
Grammar, as usual.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

They are non-optional after an optional boss is defeated. Rendering it optional since you can go 10000 years without ever encountering them if you never killed CC.

Burn the corpse.

I’m still mainly looking forward to more ideas of endgame content to spice up things. The new rift gear/polar bearger bin nave been very good staples, and I’m hoping they look into more ways to alleviate some issues, such as better storage solutions or easier moonstorm clearing.

Apart from that, I would be down for seeing more cave content. I still personally really like the cave atmostphere, but I wouldn’t mind seeing some new cave biomes or simply tweaking the generation so they aren’t very stringy and/or filled with unbreakable obstacles such as the cave pillars that make trying to build a base down there difficult.

1 minute ago, Maxil20 said:

easier moonstorm clearing

tbh it's just time consuming, you can already use winona, brightshade staff, rain coat and brightshade helm to only need to fetch stuff to wagstaff and occasionally shoot birds during the minigame and getting gleams and glass was never hard

19 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

easier moonstorm clearing.

Even easier than the stupid combo of BS staff+helm??? enlightement, birds and the storm vision and movement speed ignored completly

It feels super wrong to do the event in that way... they removed the few threads it has to make it no brainer

13 hours ago, Evelo said:

players shouldn't have as much freedom as they have now... for my taste

What player? New players (<100 hours or several hundreds of hours)?

New players are always busy. They are still too busy trying to figure out the game and explore new area and new mechanics.

The players who have too much freedom is veterans. They don't need to learn to progress, they just need to progress. The time cost and emotional cost for learning is huge, which is optional only for veterans. The freedom for veterans is earned, not given for free.

So the argument that players have lots of freedom is very much a veteran bias, and that argument is not true.

13 hours ago, Evelo said:
13 hours ago, goatt said:

And really lastly, the game did recently offer more non-optional bosses and challenges as game progresses, namely, brightshade mobs and lunar version of seasonal challenges.

That's true, in your sense. But it's also taken out of context slightly.

When we say "optional", we mean that a mob or a boss doesn't come to you to bother you. It's not about whether you have to do it. Because if we talk about whether you have to do it, then no boss is obligatory, as you can store bearger at a corner of a map (such as on lunar island) and it will never spawn again.

So let me emphasize again that the meaning behind obligatory or non-optional is that bosses come to you mechanic wise.

In that sense, brightshades and lunar seasonal bosses and frogs are obligatory, mechanic wise. You can opt in, but can't opt out.

Btw, I have no problem agreeing with your sense of "optional". I think in your sense, it makes sense. All I'm clarify here is what I meant, without your unintentional modification.

And lastly, I don't get why people like to mess with people who has different preference. Like I never say "But I like apples" in response to people who say "I like oranges". When I said I want a neutral boss, why would someone reply to me "I'm tired of optional dangers"? It's like when I say "I like oranges", I got comments "But I'm tired of oranges". What's the point?

I'm simply defending the legitimacy of my own right to voice my love for "oranges". And I've never intervened anyone's business of liking their apples.

Preferences never need to agree. And they need to be protected to maximize each individual's happiness.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grm9 said:

tbh it's just time consuming, you can already use winona, brightshade staff, rain coat and brightshade helm to only need to fetch stuff to wagstaff and occasionally shoot birds during the minigame and getting gleams and glass was never har

4 hours ago, arubaro said:

Even easier than the stupid combo of BS staff+helm??? enlightement, birds and the storm vision and movement speed ignored completly

It feels super wrong to do the event in that way... they removed the few threads it has to make it no brainer

I guess I should have worded it better but I moreso meant it in terms of the time aspect. It’s not exactly the most engaging aspect ever to wait for Wagstaff to contain the static and sit there for several minutes not doing much other then sometimes killing the birds, it gets rather boring quick. I would probably not mind it if the reward was more unique, but past the first kill/few kills on a server, you’re doing it to get 6 mushlights lit up…

Either speeding it up or just making repeat champions take 2 statics would go a long way. Apart from that I moreso have gripes of the event more relating to things like the charged moonglass spikes spawning inside of things (including walls….) making it impossible to mine them unless you break the structure they are on top of. 

8 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I guess I should have worded it better but I moreso meant it in terms of the time aspect. It’s not exactly the most engaging aspect ever to wait for Wagstaff to contain the static and sit there for several minutes not doing much other then sometimes killing the birds, it gets rather boring quick. I would probably not mind it if the reward was more unique, but past the first kill/few kills on a server, you’re doing it to get 6 mushlights lit up…

Either speeding it up or just making repeat champions take 2 statics would go a long way. Apart from that I moreso have gripes of the event more relating to things like the charged moonglass spikes spawning inside of things (including walls….) making it impossible to mine them unless you break the structure they are on top of. 

I liked it but now is kinda boring since you only need to stand still waiting for the tools to appear and press F once every few seconds to kill all the birds without any danger envolved because you are doing it from a safe distance and with an armor storm and enlightement proof...

As many people suggested, killing CC could drop a static so we need to farm 1 less per fight

• Like 1

Game needs actual paid dlc, and Idc if Klei wants to charge 20$ each for them at this point, they need to be big, they need to be majorly game changing, they need to have new seasons and hazards- Just like buying the Shipwrecked or Hamlet DLC once had.

I never asked for DST updates to be free… and I feel like BECAUSE they are free people are accepting of them being small and lack luster.

Moon Quay is one of my favorite areas in the game, I would’ve bought an actual 20$ dlc expansion that gave me a world to explore themed entirely off that.

Same with the now scrapped Lunar Horrors concept…

I know a lot of people frown upon paid dlc expansions- but if they’re of higher quality, I’d be more than happy to bust out my wallet.

• Shopcat 1

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Game needs actual paid dlc, and Idc if Klei wants to charge 20$ each for them at this point, they need to be big, they need to be majorly game changing, they need to have new seasons and hazards- Just like buying the Shipwrecked or Hamlet DLC once had.

I never asked for DST updates to be free… and I feel like BECAUSE they are free people are accepting of them being small and lack luster.

Moon Quay is one of my favorite areas in the game, I would’ve bought an actual 20$ dlc expansion that gave me a world to explore themed entirely off that.

I know a lot of people frown upon paid dlc expansions- but if they’re of higher quality, I’d be more than happy to bust out my wallet.

They dont need that lmao... why do you think klei keep releasing updates often during 10 years? Is more profitable and cheaper to release a fraction of a dlc for free with some skins at a reduced cost.

Instead of scaring and dividing the player base with 20e dlcs every year you lure new and old players with free updates and wait for those who are hooked to pay 5e or 8e for skins

11 hours ago, goatt said:

The players who have too much freedom is veterans. They don't need to learn to progress, they just need to progress. The time cost and emotional cost for learning is huge, which is optional only for veterans. The freedom for veterans is earned, not given for free.

Well we can have events begin after a certain amount of time. New Players aren't going to make it to year 2 probably. Those that do have graduated to endure more struggle. I think at least.

In that sense, brightshades and lunar seasonal bosses and frogs are obligatory, mechanic wise. You can opt in, but can't opt out.

Oooh alright that makes sense. Yeah I can be on the same page as that.

And lastly, I don't get why people like to mess with people who has different preference. Like I never say "But I like apples" in response to people who say "I like oranges". When I said I want a neutral boss, why would someone reply to me "I'm tired of optional dangers"? It's like when I say "I like oranges", I got comments "But I'm tired of oranges". What's the point?

Probably a defensive response. Idk I'm not a psychologist. People like one things other people like different things. We can cater to a lot of different preferences and playstyles. I think the issues becomes something like "I like apples. The grocery store keeps stocking oranges and adding new varieties. There is a constant supply of apples but I want to try different kinds of apples. Look at how many orange varieties they have now, would be nice if the grocery store started to sell other kinds of apples."

You can like oranges, and we apple preferers are cool with oranges and their varieties being sold, but it is getting a little depressing to not see any apple varieties being added to the store. Even though we have access to the apples we've been buying for years.

I know I used the same analogy twice. Nice GJ me...

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Host of Horrors update cries in the corner.

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

9 hours ago, Evelo said:

Well we can have events begin after a certain amount of time. New Players aren't going to make it to year 2 probably. Those that do have graduated to endure more struggle.

Yes. I agree. And we've got one added last year, the rifts. It is up for veterans to opt in, which can not be opted out.

9 hours ago, Evelo said:

Probably a defensive response. Idk I'm not a psychologist. People like one things other people like different things. We can cater to a lot of different preferences and playstyles. I think the issues becomes something like "I like apples. The grocery store keeps stocking oranges and adding new varieties. There is a constant supply of apples but I want to try different kinds of apples. Look at how many orange varieties they have now, would be nice if the grocery store started to sell other kinds of apples."

You can like oranges, and we apple preferers are cool with oranges and their varieties being sold, but it is getting a little depressing to not see any apple varieties being added to the store. Even though we have access to the apples we've been buying for years.

I agree. What I mean is this, why would anyone critique the message of liking orange. I mean, just start a fresh new comment that says "I like apples", instead of replying my message of liking orange by saying, using this analogy, "I'm tired of oranges, there are only 2 apples out of 20 fruits". Just start a fresh comment saying "I like apples", and don't quote me.

• Big Ups 1

Personally, I feel like the mainland needs more biomes and to be bigger as the player spends most of their time there so it needs to be more fun and cooler. The caves do need a lot of stuff, but the caves will always be worse than the mainland unless Klei does something drastic akin to what oceans were for the mainland. Like separate the ruins into like a far off-place in the void which the player can then go deeper on a pair of stairs like in DS to get to it and something like a hamlet dungeon as a new place to explore or even going deeper into the caves with some creepy nightmare cave.

But ya I prefer they add more stuff to the mainland because they'd need to add years worth of content to make the caves good but need a lot less to add to the mainland to make it feel even better.

Also, they should stop adding bosses and working on the characters. DST has enough of that now and it's getting oversaturated with bosses and character's all being like little eldritch super-powered beings they should take a year to make the actual game's world more interesting or add new mechanics that make the game more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2