Items more valuable than broken shells which are also more abundant

I'll start, hell, I'll even name some uses for each of the listed items since I have nothing better to do.

-Gears. Ice flingomatic, Ice box, Rudder kit, Warbis pieces.

-Gems Life giving amulet, ice staff, chilled amulet, salt box, Shadow manipulator, 

-Thulecite Crown, Armor, Terra firma tamper, Construction amulet, lazy forager

-Thulecite Fragments Thulecite, clock pieces

-Gold Battle helms, Battle spear, All golden tools, Science Machine,

-Rocks Walls, Statues, Cutstone and all it's derivative crafts

-Flint Cobblestone, brick road, thermal stone, 

-Grass Literally use your imagination. 

-Reeds Papyrus, Pan flute, all varieties of darts

-Wood Literally use your imagination again.

-BRIGHTSHADE HUSKS
Brightshade helm, sword, smasher, shoevel

-Pure Brilliance  Howlitzer, Bearger bin, repair kits

-Nightmare fuel Dark sword, night armor, fuel for mag and bone armor

-Nitre Gunpower, saltlick, morning star

-Rot Fertilizer, fuel, berry bushes, mushroom planters

-Goose feathers Floats, weatherpains, wigfrid's revival book

-Manure Bucket of poop, glowcaps and mushlights

-Guano Abundant as fertilizer, guano turf

-Frazzled wires  Nautopilot beacon, nautopilot kit, trade for gold.

-Living logs Deconstruction staff, starcaller, bramble husk

-Light bulbs Fuel, lantern, filling glowcaps and mushlight

-Twigs almost every single tool and crockpot filler

-Beefalo wool Beefalo hat, winter hat, commander helm

-Marble Marble suit, alarming clock, end table

Feel free to add other things or tell me why I'm wrong. I lowballed crafts for each of the respective items because some of them will be repeats.

Without getting into the weeds of whatever nonsense you've been on about lately...

What exactly are you using broken shells for?  Are you trying to craft a million potted ferns?  Shell beach turf?  Are boat bumpers actually good or something?

6 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Without getting into the weeds of whatever nonsense you've been on about lately...

What exactly are you using broken shells for?  Are you trying to craft a million potted ferns?  Shell beach turf?  Are boat bumpers actually good or something?

Advanced decorative builds may require a ton of shells (literally hundreds). Turf work too. Available methods of obtaining them are not effective enough.

unless you tried building something like this, you probably will not fully understand the demand and lack of supply.

1 minute ago, Green Crystal said:

Advanced decorative builds may require a ton of shells (literally hundreds). Turf work too. Available methods of obtaining them are not effective enough.

unless you tried building something like this, you probably will not fully understand the demand and lack of supply.

Better get to grinding them slurtles then.

Just go do a different build while you wait to collect bottles for more bundles or sum, that's what I do

Mind you I'm also the guy that uses Brightshades to block other Brightshades from spawning on my decorative plants, which literally I never see anyone else do, maybe I'm just weird.

2 hours ago, Yuuko said:

I am crafting a million potted ferns.

2 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

Another thing Klei needs to fix. :lol:

Feel free to add other things ...: Moon Rocks

Moonrocks have a method of farming without using bearger or skeleton. A very reliable one at that. Especially if you have moonstorms active. I'd kill for something like that. You can just use vargs or pigmen to turn them into statues. There is no such thing for shells other than fighting by far, the most hated boss in this entire franchise. 

3 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

Another thing Klei needs to fix. :lol:

Feel free to add other things ...: Moon Rocks

The top community secrets are being leaked, I repeat, leaked!

But seriously, with the infinite shell bell glitch and Golden Wigfrid being patched out, maybe we should remain a little more… secretive about these kinds of things, no offense Klei

(Although they probably aren’t spitting their coffee out and immediately setting out to wipe a “somewhat beneficial” bug out of existence the moment they see it, they probably wouldn’t ruin something fun just to be able to call it “bug successfully eliminated” they aren’t evil like that :love_heart:)

4 hours ago, chirsg said:

I'll start, hell, I'll even name some uses for each of the listed items since I have nothing better to do.

-Gears. Ice flingomatic, Ice box, Rudder kit, Warbis pieces.

-Gems Life giving amulet, ice staff, chilled amulet, salt box, Shadow manipulator, 

-Thulecite Crown, Armor, Terra firma tamper, Construction amulet, lazy forager

-Thulecite Fragments Thulecite, clock pieces

-Gold Battle helms, Battle spear, All golden tools, Science Machine,

-Rocks Walls, Statues, Cutstone and all it's derivative crafts

-Flint Cobblestone, brick road, thermal stone, 

-Grass Literally use your imagination. 

-Reeds Papyrus, Pan flute, all varieties of darts

-Wood Literally use your imagination again.

-BRIGHTSHADE HUSKS
Brightshade helm, sword, smasher, shoevel

-Pure Brilliance  Howlitzer, Bearger bin, repair kits

-Nightmare fuel Dark sword, night armor, fuel for mag and bone armor

-Nitre Gunpower, saltlick, morning star

-Rot Fertilizer, fuel, berry bushes, mushroom planters

-Goose feathers Floats, weatherpains, wigfrid's revival book

-Manure Bucket of poop, glowcaps and mushlights

-Guano Abundant as fertilizer, guano turf

-Frazzled wires  Nautopilot beacon, nautopilot kit, trade for gold.

-Living logs Deconstruction staff, starcaller, bramble husk

-Light bulbs Fuel, lantern, filling glowcaps and mushlight

-Twigs almost every single tool and crockpot filler

-Beefalo wool Beefalo hat, winter hat, commander helm

-Marble Marble suit, alarming clock, end table

Feel free to add other things or tell me why I'm wrong. I lowballed crafts for each of the respective items because some of them will be repeats.

What’s the item that you accumulate a lot of over time, and don’t have good use for after getting one stack of the stuff until the “end-game”?

HOUND TEETH 

11 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

But seriously, with the infinite shell bell glitch and Golden Wigfrid being patched out, maybe we should remain a little more… secretive about these kinds of things, no offense Klei

I am. I don't squeal. The only reason I said anything about golden wigfrid is that it's really easy to discover and I had to do a presser to attempt to have it kept in.

1 hour ago, Kubicska said:

HOUND TEETH 

hound tooth pretty decent for howlitzer which pretty good to spam during 3rd phase of CC, that what ive been using em for. 
also i been transmute em to bone shard. no i never really have them build up at late game

6 hours ago, Green Crystal said:

... shells ... Available methods of obtaining them are not effective enough.

Find a spot with many Snail Mounds. Make Stone Pillar (protection against Earthquakes) in a center-ish position relative to them. Build a pen with a mineral in it. Place objects like petals on ground, or Hay Walls and flatten them. As Wickerbottom spam Tentacle Books all around said pen. Explode Gunpowder, Snail Slime or punch with fists the Mounds - better yet, use Fire then Ice staffs on said mounds. Snails will go out and ultimately towards bait, while tentacles... are doing their thing:

CB663AD271D4595DA09D3B9A89D6CD0F4428791F

Bonjour, Shells! (Snail farm via tentacles from long ago)

6 hours ago, Yuuko said:

Are boat bumpers actually good or something?

Yes, they take the hit for your boat which makes repairing relatively simple, if the bumper doesn't die on impact you can just repair it using broken shells and also it reduces the amount of holes you'd get by a lot.

1 hour ago, Evelo said:

Then do something else. No need to be on the forums.

The entire point of "i have nothing better to do" is that they dont have anything better to do than be on the forums. Telling them to do something else ignores the point.

15 minutes ago, ShyRasan123 said:

The entire point of "i have nothing better to do" is that they dont have anything better to do than be on the forums. Telling them to do something else ignores the point.

There is always something better to do than to make a... nvm it is just rude and pointless. I just recommend watching a movie you haven't seen in a long time but love, go eat a meal at a restaurant (even though it is terrifying), pickup a new video game to play, etc etc.

14 hours ago, Kubicska said:

The top community secrets are being leaked, I repeat, leaked!

(Although they probably aren’t spitting their coffee out and immediately setting out to wipe a “somewhat beneficial” bug out of existence the moment they see it, they probably wouldn’t ruin something fun just to be able to call it “bug successfully eliminated” they aren’t evil like that :love_heart:)

What’s the item that you accumulate a lot of over time, and don’t have good use for after getting one stack of the stuff until the “end-game”?

HOUND TEETH 

If they patch that, then lureplant blocking in fw and void walking are next.

2 hours ago, Swiyss said:

If they patch that, then lureplant blocking in fw and void walking are next.

Honestly if someone void walks they might aswell use commands at that point. Anything dangerous in the caves are to test your might and wear you down before the fights. (I use some cheese too but this is too cheese)

2 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Honestly if someone void walks they might aswell use commands at that point. Anything dangerous in the caves are to test your might and wear you down before the fights. 

I used to not void walk but I started doing it after getting a few worlds where it took me an entire season to find the tentacle that goes to the atrium (especially when I already know where Atrium is because I rushed the ruins the first autumn). It's not challenging to find and kill all the tentacles in the caves before getting the right one. It's just annoying and time consuming. There should be a way to find which is the right one faster (similar to how Astral Detector points towards lunar and Crab King). Maybe after you kill AG the medallion should show where the correct tentacle is, or glow brighter when you get closer to it. Maybe they could add a feature where you build a reanimated skeleton underground and if you give it a telltale heart, it will guide you to the tentacle that goes to Atrium. Maybe they could make Astral detector (or a shadow version of it) point towards the tentacle that you need to kill. Until an alternative method is introduced, I'm void walking to the Atruim because I'm tired of wasting time on searching for the proper "entrance" literally doing nothing but walking for hours and hours through the biomes of nothingness (and sometimes bats/spiders). 

10 minutes ago, Lovens said:

I used to not void walk but I started doing it after getting a few worlds where it took me an entire season to find the tentacle that goes to the atrium (especially when I already know where Atrium is because I rushed the ruins the first autumn). It's not challenging to find and kill all the tentacles in the caves before getting the right one. It's just annoying and time consuming. There should be a way to find which is the right one faster (similar to how Astral Detector points towards lunar and Crab King). Maybe after you kill AG the medallion should show where the correct tentacle is, or glow brighter when you get closer to it. Maybe they could add a feature where you build a reanimated skeleton underground and if you give it a telltale heart, it will guide you to the tentacle that goes to Atrium. Maybe they could make Astral detector (or a shadow version of it) point towards the tentacle that you need to kill. Until an alternative method is introduced, I'm void walking to the Atruim because I'm tired of wasting time on searching for the proper "entrance" literally doing nothing but walking for hours and hours through the biomes of nothingness (and sometimes bats/spiders). 

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

23 minutes ago, Lovens said:

doing nothing but walking for hours and hours through the biomes of nothingness

You do something. You unlock the map of the caves. A-ha! Yet another time people focus only on the negatives.

I'm not against the idea of making it unique tho, I'd like if the tentacle that leads to the atrium became corrupted (considering the place it's connected to), had a different appearance and had different attacks. Basically a mini-boss.

15 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

Hardly, considering that in my most played world I simply teleport there via backtrek watch (I main Wanda) so I don't have to void walk or fight tentacles every time I fight FW. I've done voidwalking maybe twice at best in a couple of short games with friends to skip the boring part of finding the correct tentacle. If you only have a couple of hours to play together it makes sense to spend them doing something fun (fighting the boss) instead of doing pretty much nothing.

Just now, SapoLover said:

You do something. You unlock the map of the caves. A-ha! Yet another time people focus only on the negatives.

I'm not against the idea of making it unique tho, I'd like if the tentacle that leads to the atrium became corrupted (considering the place it's connected to), had a different appearance and had different attacks. Basically a mini-boss.

I like exploring the caves and gladly will do so when I don't have anything else to do. I don't like when exploration of the entire cave map is gatekeeping me from fighting a boss (cough Toadstool also but nothing can be done here. At least it has a pattern for his spawners).

1 minute ago, Lovens said:

I've done voidwalking maybe twice at bes

Liar liar pants on fire.

2 minutes ago, Lovens said:

Hardly, considering that in my most played world I simply teleport there via backtrek watch (I main Wanda) so I don't have to void walk or fight tentacles every time I fight FW. I've done voidwalking maybe twice at best in a couple of short games with friends to skip the boring part of finding the correct tentacle. If you only have a couple of hours to play together it makes sense to spend them doing something fun (fighting the boss) instead of doing pretty much nothing.

Makes sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, Lovens said:

I like exploring the caves and gladly will do so when I don't have anything else to do. I don't like when exploration of the entire cave map is gatekeeping me from fighting a boss (cough Toadstool also but nothing can be done here. At least it has a pattern for his spawners).

I usually teleport to the atrium with a lazy explorer and Moggles. It's easier than finding and killing the tentacle and costs only 1 use of the staff.

Archived