Items more valuable than broken shells which are also more abundant

Just now, Swiyss said:

I usually teleport to the atrium with a lazy explorer and Moggles. It's easier than finding and killing the tentacle and costs only 1 use of the staff.

Yeah that's a great method. Unfortunately not every map has the Atrium reachable by teleporting there. I kinda wish it was always possible though - I can pretty consistently find the small triangle of land with cave hole and lichen that points towards the Atrium and I always check if I can see it from there. But most of the time it's too far. 

I actually found this in my recent Woodie playthrough, so I definitely will do it in that run when I get to fighting FW in this world:
 image.png.0a96871e01a5c022d5fe82969b8385c4.png

21 hours ago, Lovens said:

Unfortunately not every map has the Atrium reachable by teleporting there

I thought it was a 100% chance to have a teleportable place in the atrium from lichen or ruins biome. Are you sure this is correct?

15 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

I thought it was a 100% chance to have a teleportable place in the atrium from lichen or ruins biome. Are you sure this is correct?

there isn't always one, i doubt that teleporting into atrium is intended

My opinion on this topic is split. The pearl ocean cleanup quest bug being fixed is a good thing.

I'm not sure if additional sources of broken shells need to be added even considering their decorative uses. There are many ways to get broken shells, although none as easy as the pearl bug.

With the current methods to obtain broken shells, you can still create quite a reasonable amount of decorations. If you want an unreasonable amount of decorations, it makes sense to me that you would need to put in some level of effort to aquire them.

If I were to add an additional way to get broken shells it would be by adding a mechanic to hammer gathered barnacles for a (50%?) chance to get a broken shell from each smashed barnacle.

Archived