Skill Thread

Let's do some fun activity.
Suggest any skill for any character you'd love to see below, even if they've already received a skilltree! Post any kind of concept you have in mind.

For example, maybe Winona receiving an electrical gadget? Or Wormwood infusing his roots into plants to fertilize them? Go nuts!

Overcoming Arachnophobia: mobs that stay on the webbing for X seconds become rooted. 

Lux Redux: small periodic damage against nightmare creatures inside the light radius.  

The End is Nigh: prioritizes hostile creatures and makes them panic.

Or struck evergreens have a high chance to turn into treeguards. @HowlVoid came up with this idea during Wicker beta and i still wish it made it in.. 

Or cause charged moonglass and moon gleams to rapidly spawn when read inside a moonstorm. 

Sleepytime Stories: first hit against sleeping mobs deals X bonus damage. 

Everything Encyclopedia: some way to gradually upgrade it to contain truly all recipes: example: craft a new “chapter” at the Pseudoscience Station with papyrus and feather pen and right click to add it to the Encyclopedia. 

Give Woodie something to detransform at will in his skill tree. There's so much room for interesting skill expression with greater flexibility in going into and out of transformation that just has not been fulfilled.

• Either Make it so Wilson's torch skills also works with Morning star, Or just change the name "torch" to "light" and make it work with all light source items.
  • Remove useless transmutations(Such as turning beefalo wool to beard hair) and give Wilson more gameplay changing ones(Such as turning meat to morsels)
    • I have couple of ideas for this one:
    • Transmute 3 spider gland to 1 pig skin.(and vice versa)
    • Transmute 2 beefalo wool to  1 bunny puffs.(and vice versa)
  • These skills would give Wilson players an indirect advantage with combat(pig skin) and healing(fur roll) and they would synergise well with Wilson's gold to nitre transmutation.

Wurt unlocks fire merms who use spittle fish to put out fires.

Wurt can use spittle fish herself to put out fures.

19 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:
  • have couple of ideas for this one:
  • Transmute 3 spider gland to 1 pig skin.(and vice versa)
  • Transmute 2 beefalo wool to  1 bunny puffs.(and vice versa)

I have the best idea ever for some Wilson ones:

▪Transmute 2 monster meat into 1 silk and 1 spider gland.

▪Transmute 2 silk into 1 gland 1 monster meat.

▪Transmute 2 glands into 1 silk 1 monster meat.

Not sure about making it in this pattern of getting 2 different items for 2 items (makes it more unique) and maybe the conversion should cost 3 items instead of 2, but Wilson should be able to transmute spider drops. It is always annoying when you somehow get all monster meat when trying to get silk, or all silk when trying to get monster meat.

Webber needs a way to summon spider queens, similar to how Woodie can summon tree guards! The current "meta" strategy of killing yourself in order to haunt nests and force spawn one is stupid.

• Craftable "Spider Queen Sweet" (1 monster lasagna, 1 purple gem, 5 nightmare fuel) which can be fed to any spider. It will then have a hypnotized expression on its face and seek out any nearby tier 3 spider dens, which it will enter and transform into a spider queen.

I also think that similar to how Wormwood can craft plants, Webber should be able to craft all spider den types, perhaps even one specifically for each spider species.

Love the ideas above to give more uses to spider glands, even if it is only for Wilson.

16 minutes ago, Skelewar said:

also think that similar to how Wormwood can craft plants, Webber should be able to craft all spider den types, perhaps even one specifically for each spider species

One of the things i enjoy as Webber was catching spiders in the wild like pokemon so i am not sure about that.

Nurse spiders make spiders live after the battle in most cases.

56 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

Transmute 2 beefalo wool to  1 bunny puffs.(and vice versa)

Replacing beefalo wool with beard hair would be more fitting and synergetic.

13 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Replacing beefalo wool with beard hair would be more fitting and synergetic.

It seems like that at first glance but considering that you have an entire skill tree about beard, beefalo wool just fits better. Plus, this you can mass produce bunny puffs, which would be a nice way to get more gold and nitre.:-)

25 minutes ago, mkemal23 said:

It seems like that at first glance but considering that you have an entire skill tree about beard, beefalo wool just fits better. Plus, this you can mass produce bunny puffs, which would be a nice way to get more gold and nitre.:-)

Beardlords drop Beard hair instead of bunny tails so i think it makes more sense.

I want abigail to help Wendy in normal circumstances, not only fighting.

Maybe she can help destroying trees and boulders around like pigs and merms and help moving statues or the moon makes wendy talk to abigail so she helps her with quotes. She is a starting character for new players so it makes sense.

I just had a thought earlier today for a branch of Webber's skill tree. Do note I'm not a Webber player, and this is mostly coming from a place of seeing the same issues over and over again in pub servers with Webbers hehe.

- Den Decorations Plus

Decorated Dens essentially act like chests/Wicker's bookshelf and can store spiders while keeping them alive. I imagine this will help in SO many ways, keeping the number of entity loadings to a minimum by letting you park spiders in a chest, ensuring spiders don't get unloaded somehow, and making it easier for end-game players to organize their spider armies.

- Den Master

All Dens act like these chests, and Decorated Dens have additional storage. I imagine this too will also help gathering spider armies in a more organized way, and just make sense for a "bridge" skill so-to-speak.

- Egg Sack Craft

Webber can craft an exclusive backpack made out of a spider den, rope, and pigskin that has a MASSIVE amount of storage, but can only be used for spiders. Will also keep spiders alive. This is mostly for transferring spiders between shards, but I imagine it can also be useful for players in large servers who want to keep the lag down, allowing them pick and choose which spiders are around and when.

Again, I'm not a Webber player, so I'm unsure if this would constitute as being OP, or if it's even possible on the back end of DST, but I think its SUCH an elegant solution to a lot of Webber's issues in multiplayer while also being insanely useful for Webber players as a whole.

Oh, and one last note! A nice solo skill would be something like Wigfrid's song canister called the "Cookie Tin" which can hold Webber's switcherdoodles. I'm also just imagining it looking like those grandma cookies that are like a schrödinger's box of cookies or sewing supplies at any given moment that would be ADORABLE. The Cookie Tin should also be able to hold sewing kits, as a cute little reference, hehe. 

3 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

Wigfrid unicorn sailing skills :calm:

Yo!! I also sail a lot as Wigfrid. I am shaking your hand right now LOL.

Giving the beef taming perk to Walter while giving Wig sailing perks would, honestly? Make a whole lot of sense considering she's a viking! I don't know a lot about vikings historically, though I imagine general "rows faster" and "repairs boats better" skills would work great. Maybe Wig could also craft bumpers for the boat designed to protect the boat while doing some extra damage to whatever they bump into. Would be nice to be able to ram into sharks, narwhales, and even the monkeys. 

Walter having an "animal taming" section of skills would also work perfectly for his character. Walter being able to better befriend and keep grown Tallbirds, for example, Wig's beef taming skills with her Battle Saddle changed to perhaps something resembling Woby's pack perhaps? Or maybe even something to do with hounds, a craftable whistle made of a Mactusk tusk or something that can be used to befriend a certain number of hounds would be neat.

I’m gonna keep saying this- There’s a lot of quirky things that a Dead Player as a ghost can do, from haunting hounds to turn their effects, to force transforming Werepigs, forcing flowers into evil flowers and animating dead heads on sticks back to life, but my question has ALWAYS been why does a player need to intentionally “Die” to access the things you can do as a Ghost player, when Wendy always has a 24/7 dead ghost companion with her? That’s like literally her “gimmick” & im quite confused why Klei refuses to give Wendy players that power.

Wendy: Soul Binder

When reviving with a Telltale Heart, players are revived Full stats and no Health Penalty.

Combat wise, Wendy has really strong support - AOE, Hex, resisting insanity Auras, etc. Allowing hearts to function mid combat would further emphasize this niche.

Wendy: Touchstone Temperer

Wendy can repair Touchstones with nightmare fuel and marble.

Not really sure why touchstones can't be repaired in base game, especially considering how accessible telltale hearts are now. At the very least Wendy should have a perk allowing her to repair it.

Wigfrid: Moonlit Ministrel

Wigfrid Battle Stinger that slows movement speed of all enemies, lunar aligned. I hate it when alignment skills aren't anything more than a damage multiplier. Willow at least has Her flame cast skills and Bernie gets a cool redesign, but there's no defense for Wigfrid's current state.

I'd love for Warly to get some more dishes that use Nightmare Fuel, perhaps dishes that give medium to high hunger but drop your sanity by around 20, and maybe having nightmare fuel in your system, you could deal more damage with shadow weapons? 

The perk giving Walter the ability to craft dog treats - special food items that can be fed to Woby for some hunger and temporary buffs(some more speed, higher dmg tolerance, slower hunger drain, can't think of anything more unique at the moment).

edit: also basic dog treats could be a non perishable food item for Woby, for convinience. 

I'd really like part of the alignment skills for Maxwell to be overcharging the codex with Pure Horror/Brilliance respectively. Doing so would allow the workers to harvest the other side's materials normally and more efficiently and the duelists to be able to have planar damage and defense against them. Would be a much more interesting way to gain the respective late game upgrades then just getting them like how Woodie just gets his planar damage I think.

I'd love Warly to get a completely reworked chef pouch (i made a post on that) thats basically a maxwell hat but not enderchest and only stores ingredients and spices and has to be fueled with coolers or salt.

• Quick Cuisine

Warly can walk during the eating animation and can eat while performing any action, and feed anyone while they're doing anything without interrupting, and see their hunger meter on examination (Quotes for 95-80%, 80-65%, 65-50%, 45-30%, 30-15%, 15-5% and 5-0% hunger) "You're but skin and bones!"

• Impolite Hand

Gain the ability to reach containers and crock pots from a lot further! This skill is based off a term called the norwegian's long arm, which is used when someone reaches over the table for something instead of asking if someone can send them said thing.

• Iron Gut

Removes all health penalties from foods, aswell as removing sanity penalties if the food is not in your memory. 

• Vital Vitamins

Get 25% more stats from all vegetarian dishes. There are no good veggie dishes at the moment that arent harder to make than meatballs and stew and stuff.

10 hours ago, WenericMember said:

Not really sure why touchstones can't be repaired in base game

iirc you can use them again after swapping to any character using the celestial portal

Wofgang reeling fish faster. Ability to throw heavy items

Winona getting 3 structures to process rocks to cut stone, wood to boards and grass to rope  (i prefer this outside of a skill tree so you don't place the build and refund the points)

Maxwell tilling and rower shadows

Walter picking grass and twigs faster and crafting ropes faster with decreased cost. Fire pellets made off red gems

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

This should be posted in the suggestions and feedback sub forum

But this post isn't a suggestion or a feedback. It's generally discussing.

3 hours ago, ShyRasan123 said:
  • Iron Gut

Removes all health penalties from foods, aswell as removing sanity penalties

Could work for Wx too. Alright... time to get crucified by power shamers.

Archived