The Weregoose should be able to use the Whirlportal

I guess because it wouldn't make sense to use the bootleg for the Weregoose. Since you can't throw the bootleg unless you're on a boat, why wouldn't you just throw it to where you'd want to be anyways? You already have the boat, what use is the Goose?

I don’t know what these things are, or where I have to go in the game to encounter them.. is this a boss drop from the Shark I haven’t found in my ocean yet? And if this is a boss drop what does it do???

Whirlpools in real life sink items into them and spit then back out from a second whirlpool somewhere on the otherside, so it would be cool if I could throw random items into one so they just spit back out at base.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t also suck in Goose.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

is this a boss drop from the Shark I haven’t found in my ocean yet? And if this is a boss drop what does it do???

You have to defeat frostjaw then trade fish with him to get boots

53 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

I guess because it wouldn't make sense to use the bootleg for the Weregoose. Since you can't throw the bootleg unless you're on a boat, why wouldn't you just throw it to where you'd want to be anyways? You already have the boat, what use is the Goose?

Good point.

Still, if you are playing with other players (who may throw the boot for you) you could be very well pulling the boat, scouting the sea along for dangers ahead, or simply wanting to not use your boat (EG: from a grass raft, or escape a boat that is breaking straight to your destination)

You can also be left behind if your friends already used it, and you want to catch them quickly using the portal.

I dunno, my point is it opens many other gameplay possibilities for the woodie player, mostly in a multiplayer setting.

And generally speaking I don’t see a reason why a huge boat is teleported, but a tiny goose in plaid shirt isn’t.

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whirlpools in real life sink items into them and spit then back out from a second whirlpool somewhere on the otherside, so it would be cool if I could throw random items into one so they just spit back out at base.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t also suck in Goose.

Exactly my thoughts

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

is this a boss drop from the Shark I haven’t found in my ocean yet? And if this is a boss drop what does it do???

After beating Frostjaw, you can give him fish in exchange for the boots.

The boots are just fast travel items, you can select an area you've been to on your map in the ocean and it'll drop a portal you can sail over to teleport there.
The portals/Whirlpools last for a bit. I think a day? I know it was changed, I can't recall how long it was made to be though.

Would be cool if all wereforns could use all kinds of portals. I discovered that they can't go through sinkholes and wormholes too and I don't understand why. It's limiting to gameplay and eliminates potential escape routes. I got caught in a hound attack as a werebeaver mid-chopping and rushed towards the nearest sinkhole hoping I could hide there and wait out the transformation. But I couldn't enter it and had to helplessly run around only to get staggered and killed mid-transformation. Not sure what I could have done differently to avoid that death, it felt very cheap and unfair and there was literally nothing I could do but watch my weremeter go down (not fast enough to transform back into human before hounds appeared) . 

On 1/30/2024 at 12:09 AM, Well-met said:

the true reason is most sea happenings are tied to the boat itself.

for instance youll never see pirates spawn on a goose player

Is it also why I never see Malbatross roaming in its spawner when I pass it as a goose? Or am I just unlucky? 

3 hours ago, Lovens said:

Is it also why I never see Malbatross roaming in its spawner when I pass it as a goose? Or am I just unlucky? 

You can 100% get Malbatross to spawn as the Weregoose. So you're just unlucky :P

Archived