Why Do Bootleg Getaways Not Stack?

I admit that there may very well be a good reason why these boots do not stack; typically items don’t stack when they either have inventories or other unique attributes that would make them otherwise unable to stack. I haven’t noticed any such characteristics that would explain why boots can’t combine into a single inventory spot. They are great tools for ocean travel, it’s just a shame how they are so challenging to manage as-is in chests. I’d be very much in favor of changing this. What do you think?

56 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I think a further argument in favour of this is that you can drop them on the boat, so there isn't really any balance reason I could think of - you already have effectively infinite capacity.

boat clutter is nightmare 

9 hours ago, Notecja said:

Maybe to prevent from throwing "three at once" with hold-click or animation skipping? They are not darts or sea weed seeds. 

That does make sense since you complete the toss by selecting a spot on the map. Although would anything stop you from switching inventory and tossing another boot before the map loaded up? If spam tossing was a balance issue could that be solved by locking the character into a longer animation like reading books?

Archived