(OUTDATED) WX78 skill tree, help me improve it!

Skill trees have in average 24 to 26 skills, lets bring the maximum potential out of the character and fix some "issues".

inspired by Baark0 idea stolen from  blacknight7890.

1-maintenance branch: make managing circuits more convenient.

Spoiler
  • Extraction expert I-III
  1. circuits last 50% more (6 uses)
  2. circuits last 100% more (8 uses)
  3. You can freely choose which circuit to extract

• Energy efficient I-III
  1. Energy regenerates in 60 seconds
  2. Energy regenerates in 30 seconds
  3. Energy regenerates in 15 seconds

• Life long warranty (must invest 3 points in extraction expert)
  1. Circuits can be repaired with biodata for 2 uses per biodata.

2-Chassis upgrades: Improve your WX78

Spoiler
  • Enhanced arms I-III
  1. Wx can row much more efficiently
  2. Wx has 15% more work efficiency
  3. Wx has 30% more work efficiency

• Enhanced legs I-III
  1. Wx moves at base 5% faster
  2. Wx moves at base 10% faster

• Enhanced chassis I-II
  1. Wx doesn't suffer knockback
  2. Wx needs to reach 30 wetness before water penetrates the chassis

• Enhanced scanner I-II
  1. Jimmy can scan much faster (100% faster)
  2. Jimmy collects 2 extra biodata per scan

3-circuit improvements: make Wx have more viable circuits

Spoiler
  • Enhanced Circuits I-III
  1. Chorusbox circuit now costs 2 slots and has a higher sanity regen, also tends to plents from further.
  2. Illumination circuit now costs 2 slots and the light extends further based on how many circuits you stack
  3. Eletric circuit now does damage in an area around you every time it casts

• Diversity I-III (circuits become stronger for each unique circuit equipped. Circuits with no increasable stats instead grant extra maximum hunger health and sanity ((shameful copypaste)))
  • Circuits are 10% better per unique circuit, +10 stats
  • Circuits are 20% better per unique circuit, +20 stats
  • Circuits are 30% better per unique circuit, +35 stats

4-afinity: at last, afinity. I have no ******* idea what to do with it so im copypasting it from Baark0

Spoiler
  • Shadow Commander
    • 3 Shadelings follow you around, providing company and assistance during fights. The Shadelings deal planar damage and can't be killed, but will stop attacking their target if you aren't actively attacking it.

• Lunar Charged
    • Gain access to 2 extra nodes. You take 25% extra damage from ALL sources while these nodes are in use. 

Ill come back to this later to try and maybe ill make it better, give him some hacked circuits can only be worn one at a time like faster crafting speed, work eficiency and move speed with higher hunger drain, or a circuit that makes you deal extra electrical damage, give me some afinity ideas, i thought they could give you 2 extra slots, but if you keep them empty you get a special effect, awesome right?

Share your thoughts

I think i should rely more heavily on making him get new circuit combinations but thats pretty hard to do when SPEED CIRCUIT IS ONLY 2 SLOTS

Edited by MrsBoris

If our robot-guy doesn’t have the ability to build a combat vehicle for the destruction of lower life forms in its Skill Tree, then I will be disappointed.

816C85BC-3A54-4B19-BD64-3C49672A7EBB.png
Although I think the developers hinted at this in the animated short film "Host of Horrors". Moreover, Robert Wagstaff himself represents the Lunar Side, and WX-78 itself is very much interested in lunar power. In my opinion, this is the most obvious choice, but it only needs to be implemented correctly.

Edited by Russian_Philin
  • Like 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

I'm happy you reused the lunar alignment skill that was proposed by Baark. I wish the alignments actually affected the way you played the game, right now its just you choose whatever is more beneficial to you and there's 0 drawbacks for serving the evil demigods of the Constant.

6 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

If our robot-guy doesn’t have the ability to build a combat vehicle for the destruction of lower life forms in its Skill Tree, then I will be disappointed.

Although I think the developers hinted at this in the animated short film "Host of Horrors". Moreover, Robert Wagstaff himself represents the Lunar Side, and WX-78 itself is very much interested in lunar power. In my opinion, this is the most obvious choice, but it only needs to be implemented correctly.

we are gonna need some thulecite, gears, frazzled wires, flint, lightbulbs and a lot of biodata. The idea is absolutely insane its really awesome

1 hour ago, SSneaky said:

how about shadow charged over shadow commander?

like have WX be able to eat NmFuel to get 1 bar of charge, a +5% speed boost for a day, get: -40 sanity, +37.5 hunger, and +25 health.

getting bars of charge won't be a problem if you get the managing tree, i was thinking of both giving two extra slots, but you get a unique benefit with you leave 2 slots empty.

4 hours ago, Antynomity said:

I'm happy you reused the lunar alignment skill that was proposed by Baark. I wish the alignments actually affected the way you played the game, right now its just you choose whatever is more beneficial to you and there's 0 drawbacks for serving the evil demigods of the Constant.

If getting 2 extra slots is in the skill tree option literally everyone will get it, it will be basically mandatory, the problem i had is that you are gonna be able to combo more circuits like stack 4 electric circuits. i just wanted to make a way for people to give up the speed for something else but its basically impossible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Russian_Philin said:

We absolutely need the giant mech suit robot thing. 

On the topic of the tree, I really like the idea of being rewarded for using many different circuits at once. It could encourage more experimentation with what builds you use, as it would make spamming the same circuits less appealing, and would provide some situational benefits to 1 node circuits. Though the exact implementation might need to be more carefully thought out, so that it actually works well, obviously. 

• Like 1

I don't want stat changes. I want things that add new gameplay features.

Like others have said, I would love for WX Mech to be reintroduced. It would be a really fun to play with.

Another idea is upgrading Jimmy to be more interesting and useful. Jimmy only has one use so a skilltree to expand his uses would be great.

Maybe maxxing out Jimmy Upgrade tree you are able to get the mech.

Jimmy Mech

• Like 2

Might be interesting if the alignments gave access to special circuits. The Shadow circuit could make nightmare creatures neutral (original I know) and maybe come with a sanity toggle. The toggle would let you switch between insane and fully sane, and the circuit would take two slots. I don't have a solid idea for the lunar circuit. I think it would be cool if it also had some sort of toggle or activated ability, however.

I think it would be cool if jimmy had a laser or maybe give him the ability to use one of wx’s circuits, the ability to lead a army  of his copy’s, and maybe give jimmy a different bodies wx can  build for him

you know something to separate him from his clones 

I also think wx should be able to build different kinds of robots 

If this franchise went in to 2010 or beyond I would of   suggested  a cognitive empathy module

a perfected  model of that hunk of garbage that wx once thrown out, all the understanding none of the clouding feelings 

able to view others emotions for point of cold logical understanding

perfect for your manipulation needs  

FIND THE WEAKNESS 

BEND IT

WARP IT

EXPLOIT IT

CONQUER THE WEAKNESS

anyway I don’t know how it would all fit in game but thing is it would replace some  un-understanding quote with intuitive one like that stage performance I think there more but can’t think of any 

im thinking for alinement do something similar to willows skill tree and make jimmy a planar character with the ability to attack things

and for wx give him the ability to eat shadow/lunar powered things to power a energy shield and strengthen your attacks to agents all thing but especially effective against the opposite side wether you want to make it a  Circuit or inherent that’s up to you (and  Obviously this would be separate from the planar bonus you already get)