Burning Frenzy, post hotfix 2

The second hotfix for the beta has just gone live, and with that, there hasn't been a whole lot of changes for Willow's side of the tree yet. I expect more changes down the line, but I did notice one thing!

The notes say that Burning Frenzy was now fixed to work. Despite this I'm currently crashing when putting the skill into play, but I did notice they added a new FX for it.
Personally, I'm hoping this doesn't mean they're bunkering down on it as-is. I think it could still go for improvements as if, even if the skill isn't entirely changed!
Frenzy.gif.46bc7b337315296c1ee54201430fd862.gif

I've still got my fingers crossed to see some of the mechanics from my self immolation suggestion make it in. Mainly actually being able to set yourself on fire akin to Bernie! There's a lot you can do with that!
I feel like it'd build on top of what's already there and add a lot more depth and theming to the skill.
My last post going over it is here!

8 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Второе исправление для бета-версии только что вышло в свет, и при этом на стороне дерева Уиллоу пока не произошло много изменений. Я ожидаю дальнейших изменений, но я заметил одну вещь!

В примечаниях говорится, что Burning Frenzy теперь готов к работе. Несмотря на это, в настоящее время у меня происходит сбой при использовании этого навыка, но я заметил, что для него добавили новый эффект.
Лично я надеюсь, что это не означает, что они закрывают его как есть. Я думаю, что его все равно можно улучшить, даже если навык не изменится полностью!

Я все еще скрещиваю пальцы, чтобы увидеть, как некоторые механики из моего предложения о самосожжении сработают. В основном на самом деле возможность поджечь себя, как Берни! С этим можно многое сделать!
Я чувствую, что это будет построено на основе того, что уже есть, и добавит навыку гораздо больше глубины и тематики.
Мой последний пост об этом здесь!

set yourself on fire .. it’s like the spiky armor from Wormwood, but not massive, and the one who hit it would be better to come up with something else instead of reflecting something else ..

5 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I don't mind it working as is - a 25% damage boost against flaming targets - but I think it needs either a 1-2 minute duration, or to be a toggle.

The skill's goal itself is fine, I think. I feel what it's missing is something more to it for how late it is in the Lighter branch. Especially considering the fact that a portion of the mobs I'd normally want to use this against just happen to be immune to catching on fire doesn't help.

I'd say the other two dwarf it in utility, it works lovely in conjunction with other abilities, but it doesn't hold up on its own in my opinion.
I opt for this suggestion since it keeps what's good about it currently and gives it a smidge bit more. The fact that it's also the only one of the 3 end-lighter skills that doesn't actually start fires is a minor/niche nitpick, too. I think being able to provide mobile heat and light for others whilst staying hands free and doing more damage via burning would be absolutely perfect and in character!

• buff VFX is quite hard to see (especially with some kind of red color blindness), please consider making it brighter and/or make it a HUD VFX, so it doesn't get desaturated on low Sanity
  • making it a weapon buff would allow to use a similar overlay to acid rain one
  • making it a weapon buff would allow to make your attacks Ignite your targets (add 1 Ember cost per Ignition to balance fighting many mobs), or at a very least make your attacks refresh the flame's duration, so you don't have to switch to a Lighter each time flame goes dow (btw it's strange you don't refresh on-fire effect while fighting with Lighter/Torch)
  • I personally would consider extending buff's duration to 60 seconds for an adequatelly higher cost, like 4-5 Embers
  • The buff could also work as long as you're fighting, so after let's say 6 seconds out of combat the buff runs out and you have to refresh it (like Wigfrid's Inspiration drops out of combat).

9 hours ago, Sapientis said:
  • усиленный визуальный эффект довольно сложно увидеть (особенно при некоторой дальтонизме на красный цвет), пожалуйста, подумайте о том, чтобы сделать его ярче и/или сделать его визуальным эффектом HUD, чтобы он не обесцвечивался при низком уровне здравомыслия.
  • если сделать его усилителем оружия, можно будет использовать наложение, аналогичное наложению кислотного дождя.
  • если сделать его усилителем оружия, ваши атаки позволят поджечь ваши цели (добавьте 1 стоимость Ember за поджог, чтобы сбалансировать борьбу со многими мобами) или, по крайней мере, заставить ваши атаки обновлять продолжительность пламени, поэтому вам не придется переключаться на зажигалка каждый раз, когда пламя гаснет (кстати, странно, что вы не обновляете эффект горения во время боя с зажигалкой/факелом)
  • Лично я бы рассмотрел возможность увеличения продолжительности баффа до 60 секунд за более высокую цену, например 4-5 углей.
  • Бафф также может работать, пока вы сражаетесь, поэтому, скажем, через 6 секунд после выхода из боя бафф заканчивается, и вам придется его обновить (например, Вдохновение Вигфрида выпадает из боя).

you can try this mod and install Insanity Begone
also disable all effects in the settings of the game itself, and this mod that previously wrote the setting in mods

15 hours ago, -Variant said:

The second hotfix for the beta has just gone live, and with that, there hasn't been a whole lot of changes for Willow's side of the tree yet. I expect more changes down the line, but I did notice one thing!

The notes say that Burning Frenzy was now fixed to work. Despite this I'm currently crashing when putting the skill into play, but I did notice they added a new FX for it.
Personally, I'm hoping this doesn't mean they're bunkering down on it as-is. I think it could still go for improvements as if, even if the skill isn't entirely changed!

I've still got my fingers crossed to see some of the mechanics from my self immolation suggestion make it in. Mainly actually being able to set yourself on fire akin to Bernie! There's a lot you can do with that!
I feel like it'd build on top of what's already there and add a lot more depth and theming to the skill.
My last post going over it is here!

Nothing is wrong with burning frenzy, i hope Klei does not get rid of it for something else. My only suggestions for it is to:

▪Increase duration.

▪Have a mini combustion effect when triggered.

▪Change the fx to look like Willow is on fire.

23 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Nothing is wrong with burning frenzy, i hope Klei does not get rid of it for something else. My only suggestions for it is to:

▪Increase duration.

▪Have a mini combustion effect when triggered.

▪Change the fx to look like Willow is on fire.

Yes, this is what I said I wanted! I don't mind if they keep the perk title and damage but I'd love it of they added a bit on top of it, like the combustion effect and looking like she's on fire.

To start off, I think the effect looks lovely!! I've been craving more sun imagery in the game and the wriggly sun-rays...... mwah, chef's kiss.
I do agree that the ability as is, is severely lacking for the tier it represents. (please no monkey-paw curling and making it a lower tier.) So I think the addition of being able to cook on Willow, as well as her providing a small light/warmth radius would be SO fun. And it would make it balanced, since it has perks not only for you, but in a way for others around you. The warmth doesn't even have to be some crazy amount. It'd be a really fitting gimmick that I feel the playerbase would find enjoyable, as well as maybe warm up people to Willow as a character. I'd enjoy that so much. 

Edit: as a further indicator of the warmth/light she'd give off in this potential perk upgrade, maybe her emitting little waves like this? behold my mspaint skills lol image.png.965072fafaacc266872f60ad9682164b.png

Archived