When Are We Getting More Item Pickup Sounds?

4 hours ago, Lovens said:

Not everybody liked the new pick up sounds. I used a mod to revert them to the old ones. The new ones seem too unnatural and out of place to my taste. I'm happy that there is no new ones for now. 

Imo they're ok, and they grow on you. It's just that we need them to be fully implemented or else it'll feel weird.

Honestly I just want them to add custom lunacy transition sounds, which they still haven't done after YEARS.

18 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Not a huge deal, but it almost feels like they've forgotten they were replacing the ding with new sounds. Unless there's some new ones since Terrors Below that I've just missed

Not to give ya bad news, but they only did it for paying the team dedicated to sounds design. When these things happen in videogames, it's a normal practise to change something for the sake of change so the team dedicated can work and be paid. It means that before new item pickup sounds will be introduced, you could wait for years.   

Atleast we have mods to disable it, cause it's too strange for me listening the old audio with some few new.

Also

9 hours ago, JosePapp said:

Honestly I just want them to add custom lunacy transition sounds, which they still haven't done after YEARS.

Pls Klei....

12 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Not a huge deal, but it almost feels like they've forgotten they were replacing the ding with new sounds. Unless there's some new ones since Terrors Below that I've just missed

I loves these new sounds, it gives more life to the game, but in my opinion the GOLD one could recieve a change, right now it sounds too much like a bell, instead of a hard metallic material.

7 hours ago, Lovens said:

Not everybody liked the new pick up sounds. I used a mod to revert them to the old ones. The new ones seem too unnatural and out of place to my taste. I'm happy that there is no new ones for now. 

I disagree with you, but I do say that they should make an option to keep the "legacy" sounds.

I just love playing with two gems on my trips back from the ruins.

1 hour ago, fabin said:

i just want twigs to sound like a buncha twigs and not like heavy wood, man :(

and also gold too, why doesn't it make the ding that golden tools make?

SAME MAN

I overall like the new pick up sounds… except for twigs having the same sound as logs (that’s just ridiculous) and I somewhat like the gold nuggets sound too… but the golden tools sound is so much prettier… the only problem with them that they might be too long so basically one trip to the pig king would ruin it.

(I’m not even gonna say make gold nuggets use the gem sound instead because if it did *somehow* get changed I worry that people won’t like the gem sound as much as before)

(For some people I’m not saying everyone) It’s like setting a song as your wake up alarm because you hated the old one and you don’t like that song as much anymore because now it became the “very thing you swore to destroy” (meme intended)

6 minutes ago, Kubicska said:

the only problem with them that they might be too long so basically one trip to the pig king would ruin it.

true, i guess the current one is fine if i get to keep my eardrums relatively intact every time i go to pig king

5 hours ago, WONTow said:

Well, don't leave us hanging. Link the mod!

Sure, sorry. I was writing that reply from the phone and didn't think of linking it (it's also inconvenient to do on the phone). Also judging by reaction to my post people might be not very interested in it either. Which I can understand, preferences differ.

Here's the mod link: Restore Original Pickup Sounds, made by Lakhnish Monster.
I heard about the mod from this YouTube video DvGMedia posted a while ago: 

Archived