Buff Shield of Terror Against Shield of Rönd

Disable permanent death for Shield of Terror. Automatically unequip it at 0%. Maybe make it slightly harder to revive it, for example, by requiring a telltale heart. This change will make Shield of Terror look a lot stronger as a boss loot.

I’m not saying Shield of Terror is too weak or Shield of Rönd is too strong. But when put together to compare, Shield of Terror seems a bit disappointing. I think It needs to be a little more special to be crowned as a boss loot.

i prefer if they add a dash as a buff instead of removing a penalty for not taking care of it and removing the only reason to repeat the twins fight

we are already losing some character's downsides, we dont need that for items too

56 minutes ago, goatt said:

This change will make Shield of Terror look a lot stronger as a boss loot.

it wont make it stronger, it will make it just a one time thing to obtain and casualize the item, their strength would be the same. Adding a right click skill or slightly buffing the stats will make it stronger

Wig is the only one who can use her shield, and its deep in her perk tree after getting her other end game weapons and armor.  Its fine.

SoT won't be a thing after BS stuff is unlocked, and its perfectly fine if Wig wants to use her Rond instead of SoT until then - most ppl don't use SoT anyway preferring dark swords or ham bats probably.

I'm not opposed to asking for buffs for the SoT if you want but "Rond outclasses it" is a horrible argument to buff it.  The two objects are almost completely incomparable due to the restrictions on who can use Rond and what they would be using otherwise.

I have a somewhat Bizarre suggestion that sort of steals Wigfrids thunder (pun intended..) but not by too much.

The Shield of Terror is similar to Eyemask right? So it can be repaired by just feeding it rot or whatever right? Meaning…

It’s a living thing with a Mouth.

So- Why not give it a block like Wigfrids shield, that also deals damage to the target?

Like a Pigman trying to punch the living shield & it just bites it’s arm.

nothing too op or crazy, just some extra Damage and Defense.

1 hour ago, dois raios said:

pls no.

dont remove the consequences of the item.

the item is in a good spot, if you mess up, deal with the consequences.

there's a difference between babysitting an item and feeling fairly punished for making mistakes. plus there's precedent already with stuff like post-rift armors/weapons not being completely deleted when they reach 0%, so this mainly just feels like adding difficulty for difficulty's sake. 

45 minutes ago, Trips said:

there's a difference between babysitting an item and feeling fairly punished for making mistakes. plus there's precedent already with stuff like post-rift armors/weapons not being completely deleted when they reach 0%, so this mainly just feels like adding difficulty for difficulty's sake. 

You get those items after the rift, the twins can be killed day 3 (Guille speedrun), for an item that can be acquired early (day 3 was an example of how early you can get this item, usually people get this in first winter bc of longer nights,but it is still early game)

Now, to give an item the characterics of post rift items would just to babysit players and remove the sense of responsability, a free pass to commit mistakes without punishment.

The end game items not breaking is very fair, since you go through all the trouble to defeat bosses, interact with NPC, do events and explore the world. While the shield of terror consists in just putting a nightmare fuel in the terrarium and defeat the twins at night (no events, dont need to explore different parts of the world, no NPC interaction, no need to defeat other bosses).

1 hour ago, Trips said:

is adding difficulty for the sake of having consequences for being careless.

If you think that you might lose the shield in a fight jse other weapon, i dont use the shield in fights were i know it might break or need constant feeding

having it go to 0% means that you can use it brainless and just feed it when "upsie, it went to 0%" instead of paying attention.

You also delete the critic moments when you have it at low % and need to quickly repair it without using it further, i once died to prevent breaking it. Reviving is pretty easy so having adrenaline moments for an item is funnier than having everything casualized and friendly

the twins only drops the shield, if it doesnt break then the only reason to repeat that fight is removed

33 minutes ago, dois raios said:

You get those items after the rift, the twins can be killed day 3 (Guille speedrun), for an item that can be acquired early (day 3 was an example of how early you can get this item, usually people get this in first winter bc of longer nights,but it is still early game)

Now, to give an item the characterics of post rift items would just to babysit players and remove the sense of responsability, a free pass to commit mistakes without punishment.

The end game items not breaking is very fair, since you go through all the trouble to defeat bosses, interact with NPC, do events and explore the world. While the shield of terror consists in just putting a nightmare fuel in the terrarium and defeat the twins at night (no events, dont need to explore different parts of the world, no NPC interaction, no need to defeat other bosses).

true

55 minutes ago, dois raios said:

Just because you can technically beat the twins on day 3 doesn't mean Klei intended most players to do so. And I can guarantee most players *won't* try to beat the Twins on day 3..

Yes you can ruin rush well before your first winter starts, but there's no way beginners are going to be doing that.. even intermediate players that aren't that mechanically comfortable would prob choose to avoid it until they're more established in their world. So Thulecite gear was basically the lategame gear before rifts were added, but with the added caveat that you could get it very early in a world if you're good enough. 

31 minutes ago, Trips said:

Just because you can technically beat the twins on day 3 doesn't mean Klei intended most players to do so. And I can guarantee most players *won't* try to beat the Twins on day 3..

Yes you can ruin rush well before your first winter starts, but there's no way beginners are going to be doing that.. even intermediate players that aren't that mechanically comfortable would prob choose to avoid it until they're more established in their world. So Thulecite gear was basically the lategame gear before rifts were added, but with the added caveat that you could get it very early in a world if you're good enough. 

don't they need to balance the game towards skilled players? It wouldn't make sense to FOCUS on beginners or FOCUS on intermediate players. The focus should be the advanced players, and beginners and intermediate players should be looked at only in certain scenarios, specific situations, and things they are used too. If the game was balanced around beginners most raid bosses would have lower health to account for you not having a friend, which is absolutely disgusting to hear this idea cause so many other games I used to play were ruined like this.

so they should consider what is possible rather then what is available for most people. If an item like the shield is INTERMEDIATE because of it's costs, durability AND damage then it shouldn't be balanced with ADVANCED technology in mind.

My suggestion is they make a way to feed the item to then make it late game. perfect. solved the issue

48 minutes ago, Trips said:

"day 3 was an example of how early you can get this item, usually people get this in first winter bc of longer nights,but it is still early game"

48 minutes ago, Trips said:

So Thulecite gear was basically the lategame gear before rifts were added, but with the added caveat that you could get it very early in a world if you're good enough. 

So true.

Archived