Wilson mains...

Yeah now we got unlimited area of effect cold spitting fire damage by killing 5 butterflies and transmutating their souls into enlighment power cause we killed the moon once. Also, the embers can be farmed with embers themselves. Like what? What happened to people thinking abigail was op? Guess they're all gone now for the sake of FUN.

lol it reminds me of the starving together animation of how when wilson and willow open their skins, wilson gets green crocs and willow gets the full triumphant set. It's like that with the skill trees. Wilson gets green gems and willow gets everything nice

Yeah, at this point, klei has given so much power to almost every character that playing Wilson feels like sh*t.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Willow finally got what she deserved, But these skill trees give so much stuff to characters without giving them any downside that, Wilson's whole "His upside is not having a downside" thing is almost doesn't matter at this point because you are throwing away all those cool stuff to just to not deal with really basic stuff like sanity, freezing, etc.

The only real argument you can say about current Wilson is that you just want to play a character with no powers. And I get that, I'm also one of those poeple, but not only half of the characters have little no downsides right now, They are also getting way to powerfull to the point that you just can't ignore them. Meaning that, the more klei adds others, The less fun you get while playing Wilson.

This guy absolutely needs something, because this is getting ridiculous. He's overshadowed at every stage of the game. And as klei realeses more skill trees it will get even more and more worse. Now that Willow is out of the table, Wilson Winona and Walter remain. Soon, Wilson will be the only real worst character. 

Wilson is a bit of a wes 2.0

You don't see Wilsons do professional gaming that often, but it's a treat when it happens. It's a statement. 

"Keep your fancy toys. I'm going old school. But just to add confusion, I'm going to ask where base is on day 2."

And then he proceeds to strip the ruins bare and he's already become best friends with pearl before winter breaks.

Call it bias, but Wigfrid doesn't get all that much in autumn in her skill tree. I'd be a filthy liar if I told you she wasn't among the big dogs in power level later on, but she needs to do some significant tasks to get ahead.

If they do ever decide to 'buff Wilson' I'd like to see something happen that is indirect in a sense. 

With the shifting power level, the uncompromising political party may start to have a point.

Would be cool to have an extreme winter blizzard that requires over 240 insulation and watch Wilson frolic with a full beard, winter puffy vest and beefalo hat while the others freeze.

I realize that a winter so cold it requires over 240 insulation would slow the game down way too much, but it's a jumping off point. Perhaps it would be good to see the world change to bring out advantages of characters who have sort of been left behind.

I've even suggested that Wilson get an expanded icky transmutation. 3 lesser glowberries to 1 full glowberry seems like a start.

31 minutes ago, chirsg said:

"Keep your fancy toys. I'm going old school. But just to add confusion, I'm going to ask where base is on day 2."

And then he proceeds to strip the ruins bare and he's already become best friends with pearl before winter breaks.

This is mostly because Wilson didn't had any gameplay stuff and players played him just for his character instead. 

35 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Call it bias, but Wigfrid doesn't get all that much in autumn in her skill tree. I'd be a filthy liar if I told you she wasn't among the big dogs in power level later on, but she needs to do some significant tasks to get ahead.

I don't get what you are saying, While I do agree that Wilson's skill tree gives him a small advantage in the start of the game (mainly becuase of his beard skills), I don't think anything on his skill tree is usefull as Wigfrids skill tree stuff.

42 minutes ago, chirsg said:

If they do ever decide to 'buff Wilson' I'd like to see something happen that is indirect in a sense. 

I agree, Wilson should not get a direct damage, speed, healt buff. They should be indirect.

44 minutes ago, chirsg said:

With the shifting power level, the uncompromising political party may start to have a point.

Would be cool to have an extreme winter blizzard that requires over 240 insulation and watch Wilson frolic with a full beard, winter puffy vest and beefalo hat while the others freeze.

I realize that a winter so cold it requires over 240 insulation would slow the game down way too much, but it's a jumping off point. Perhaps it would be good to see the world change to bring out advantages of characters who have sort of been left behind.

This is what I mentioned in my previous post. Ohter characters getting stronger makes Wilson's "no downside" perk useless. So I agree with you.

47 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I've even suggested that Wilson get an expanded icky transmutation. 3 lesser glowberries to 1 full glowberry seems like a start.

This is one of the ideas I thought as well. Crafting glowberry would give Wilson a indirect light source. I hope klei would Give him another chance.

I like that Wilson's tree is simple, however, what I won't accept is the constant powercreeping of other characters and the uselessness of the torch branch of WIlson's tree.

Like klei, nothing is stopping you guys from just moving some base kit things from powerful characters into their trees, we don't need BS like wolfgang's tree which only exists to fill out the void that planar has left in the game.

2 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

I like that Wilson's tree is simple, however, what I won't accept is the constant powercreeping of other characters and the uselessness of the torch branch of WIlson's tree.

Like klei, nothing is stopping you guys from just moving some base kit things from powerful characters into their trees, we don't need BS like wolfgang's tree which only exists to fill out the void that planar has left in the game.

This might somewhat be negated upon introducing tougher enemies like Klei is doing now. But Willow biden blast straight up looks from a different game. Like from a japanese rpg game. Doesn't look like something a playable character should be able to do. Willow literally turns into posessed varg.

6 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

Wilson's whole "His upside is not having a downside" thing

This is a good statement... in a couple of years ago.

Or to put it strictly, the Willow refresh in 2019.

I like to think about Wilson as a reference, a measurement standard of some sort, on how far the train of madness has gone.

If anyone still recommends Wilson to a fresh new player, I just wanna say that you are not keeping up with the times, I'm afraid. Sorry.

6 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

This guy absolutely needs something, because this is getting ridiculous. He's overshadowed at every stage of the game. And as klei realeses more skill trees it will get even more and more worse. Now that Willow is out of the table, Wilson Winona and Walter remain. Soon, Wilson will be the only real worst character.

I'm actually leaning against the "Wilson NEEDS something" idea, because he is just not in that position.

He is a beginner guide or gives a classic vanilla feel to the experienced, but with the others becoming literal official hacks surpassing the character mods, in the future Klei will have to pump in artificial difficulty into the game in the future (If game balance is still a thing to care about, that is)

When that happens, Wilson would just become sort of meh, a jack of all trades who is bad in everything.

Like I said before, Wilson's design goes against the fancy skills or absurd buffs, he is made to be simple yet classic.

The solution I can think of is to introduce more impactful downsides to the rest of the cast and let the players to actually think about what playstyles they want to go after, or get creative and come up with their own approach.

But nerfing has become a taboo word lately, and I am risking to get myself cancelled here just by mentioning it.

So, yeah, I guess the Pandora box of power creep and skill trees has been opened, and we can only see the game roadmap moving further and further down the road.

I think Wilson is pretty good in a couple ways, a lot of the transmutes are really useful, the Pure Brilliance one especially. To me the bigger issue is him having 7 torch skills and 7 beard skills, 12 of which are just 4 skills but with 3 tiers. Why not compress those skills down and give him some actually unique skills to take their place?

20 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Good chat, Wilson mains, hope to see you all here in the next skill tree reveals!

Out of seventy five(ish) threads about the update, this is the second thread about Wilson. Having a few threads to show klei what we think about him wouldn't kill anybody. 

Archived