Steeped Lunar Essence (lunar experiment) should be able to mutate bosses.

22 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Now that Deerclops, Bearger, and the Varg all have lunar forms, why can't the funny Halloween moon potion make them turn into those forms? It's only logical, after all. Why can it mutate normal hounds, but not big hounds? 

Nice idea, though it would let players significantly speedrun to the lunar bosses, since they'd be able to completely avoid the CC fight and setup to unlock rifts.

25 minutes ago, DegenerateFurry said:

It's only logical, after all. Why can it mutate normal hounds, but not big hounds? 

The lunar essence is essentially just a bottle of water infected with moon energy, while the lunar bosses contain full greater Gestalts piloting corpses around. The potion bringing a Gestalt into existence that immediately takes over a boss wouldn't be very logical, imo.

Ditto on what the others said.

However, considering the Mad Scientist lab generally has a upgraded version of each potion, I've thought itd be fun if there was an upgraded version of the Steeped Lunar Essence specifically for post rift/planar lunar entities.

Can look like it has a brightshade husk and a cute little gestalt inside! Admittedly things do have to generally be dead for a gestalt to mutate it, so it might not make all that much sense, but something to think about.

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

However, considering the Mad Scientist lab generally has a upgraded version of each potion, I've thought itd be fun if there was an upgraded version of the Steeped Lunar Essence specifically for post rift/planar lunar entities.

Can look like it has a brightshade husk and a cute little gestalt inside! Admittedly things do have to generally be dead for a gestalt to mutate it, so it might not make all that much sense, but something to think about.

Would be interesting if instead of just a regular potion, you'd make a bottle to then trap rift gestalts in, akin to what you do with the spark ark and the *Checks notes* ..."archive_security_pulse"?

Is there some kind of official name for these?

hm... though i guess at that point itd just be adding more steps to what would already happen when you killed the affected mobs.

18 hours ago, Hornete said:

Cool idea, so you can mutate bosses even when the rifts are closed

6 hours ago, DegenerateFurry said:

Actually, after some testing, I want to change the subject of this thread: it should be able to mutate frogs. It can't and that's silly.

The frogs were also confirmed to be possessed and piloted by Gestalts. You can even see them in their stomachs, like you can see them in the giants!
If the potions are going off the logic that they're not bringing Gestalts into being, I don't think this'd make much sense either.

Just now, -Variant said:

The frogs were also confirmed to be possessed and piloted by Gestalts. You can even see them in their stomachs, like you can see them in the giants!
If the potions are going off the logic that they're not bringing Gestalts into being, I don't think this'd make much sense either.

and i think that was a mistake. They should make them mutant rather than possesed so frog rains in moon island and during moonstorm would have these frogs instead

also, if they are possessed by gestals they should reduce the number of future BS infestations

13 hours ago, -Variant said:

If the potions are going off the logic that they're not bringing Gestalts into being,

It can be inferred that it does (see Enlightened Crown) or is using the essence of one with Hounds and Pengulls.

We know that these are supposed to be dead with how Hounds reanimate and Pengulls lay Rotten Eggs.

13 hours ago, arubaro said:

and i think that was a mistake. They should make them mutant rather than possesed so frog rains in moon island and during moonstorm would have these frogs instead

All mutants can be assumed to be possessed given what we have. Gestalts have a limitation where they can’t have full control of something that has “consciousness”.

13 hours ago, arubaro said:

also, if they are possessed by gestals they should reduce the number of future BS infestations

The gestalts here look more like the lower class ones found on lunar than Brightshades, which still makes things inconsistent? Or are the Frogs dying to the hail shards coming from above the layer that they form?

10 hours ago, Popian said:

All mutants can be assumed to be possessed given what we have. Gestalts have a limitation where they can’t have full control of something that has “consciousness”.

doesn't look like that, just see the grotto. I dont think mushtrees are possessed and the gnomes arent even evil, they are just mutated blue caps

10 hours ago, Popian said:

The gestalts here look more like the lower class ones found on lunar than Brightshades, which still makes things inconsistent? Or are the Frogs dying to the hail shards coming from above the layer that they form?

idk but i think it is a missed opportunity to reduce how incomplete feels the moon interactions. Like how they can also add mutated birds in moon island

btw, thankfully hail dont damage mobs anymore 

Archived