Polar Bearger Bin should halt spoilage completely

I wish we could stop farm seeds from spoiling in more comfortable way than bundles. I want to farm but I don' want to be forced to every half a year unless i'd have to completely start over if I don't have bundles.  Farm seeds spoiling just resets your farming progress sort of. 

4 hours ago, Wonz said:

I wish we could stop farm seeds from spoiling in more comfortable way than bundles. I want to farm but I don' want to be forced to every half a year unless i'd have to completely start over if I don't have bundles.  Farm seeds spoiling just resets your farming progress sort of. 

The design of the bin seems to be targeted around carrying specifically food with you so I can understand why it wouldn't have seeds. Cooked veggies seem like a bit of a question mark though.

About the seeds though, they have a 40 day spoilage already so a fridge should get you up to 1 year of storage. And after a year, you could easily have a bundle wrap BP. Heck of a lot easier than farming the bin.

6 hours ago, Wonz said:

It may seem counter-intuitive to leave them in the ground, but you can plant large fields as Wormwood in caves and let them go through their cycles and reseed the product later, or plant the seeds in darkness to pause their growth timer (which can be made more readily available if light ends before they turn giant). May not feel as convenient as bundling, but much better than starting over with random seeds.

I also don't think it would be too broken to have the Seed Pack-It stop spoilage of seeds if crop seeds were nerfed to 4.6875.

12 hours ago, Wonz said:

I use gift wrap, it's single use but super cheap (one petal + 1 parchment) gives you 4. Just turn on Winter's Feast, it's in the storage tab.

5 hours ago, LitulLola said:

I use gift wrap, it's single use but super cheap (one petal + 1 parchment) gives you 4. Just turn on Winter's Feast, it's in the storage tab.

I'm trying to play pubs with people.

9 hours ago, Popian said:

It may seem counter-intuitive to leave them in the ground, but you can plant large fields as Wormwood in caves and let them go through their cycles and reseed the product later, or plant the seeds in darkness to pause their growth timer (which can be made more readily available if light ends before they turn giant). May not feel as convenient as bundling, but much better than starting over with random seeds.

I also don't think it would be too broken to have the Seed Pack-It stop spoilage of seeds if crop seeds were nerfed to 4.6875.

Why caves? If i plant them in darkness they won't grow and if i shovel them i won't regain the seed.  The light will come back eventually.

17 hours ago, Wonz said:

Why caves? If i plant them in darkness they won't grow and if i shovel them i won't regain the seed.  The light will come back eventually.

Large fields can work on the surface for ease of access if you can manage fire spread and Brightshades, but caves seems a lot safer for long term storage to me as the main threat to them is worms with controllable spawns picking them while they're rotten.

Having the growth timer paused essentially pauses spoilage of seed/product so you don't have to deal with the nightmare of managing RWYS freshness, which is what you want. You can use a Star Caller's Staff or Lux Aeterna to resume their growth, which again lets you get giants in any season if you've timed it well, or simply ignore them until you want to farm again.

4 hours ago, Antynomity said:

That'd be powercreep, something they are trying to 'solve'.

Day 1 whole 80% massive damage reduction just for basic materials. Have you seen other game with stats this high? Not mentioning how easy it is to heal with dishes.

There's more pain than gain trying to figure out how to build a castle on sand. We'd be better with equipment rework like slower healing, lower armor stats but more tanky characters at base so healing is precious what makes armor still precious despite low stats and you can't just tank anymore because you won't outheal the damage you have to use brain and avoid damage.  

Lower stats should make it easier to rise values for future armors without problem like 

• 1st armor 80%
  • 2nd 90
  • 3rd 95
  • 4rth 97.5
  • 5th 99%
  • 6th 99.5%

or 

• 1st armor 80%
  • 2nd 90
  • 3rd 95
  • 4rth 90 but enemies do extra anti armor damage + 50% anti armor protction
  • 5th 90 but enemies do extra anti armor damage + 50% anti armor protction + 20% weapon damage
  • 6th 90 but enemies do extra anti armor damage + 50% anti armor protction + 20% weapon damage + some effect for console player PC players can do manually

9 hours ago, Antynomity said:

That'd be powercreep, something they are trying to 'solve'.

Power creep in weapon damage, sure. They even added the whole planar mechanic to keep old weapons relevant and prevent the new ones from being strictly better in every situation.

The bin though isn't even exactly an upgrade; it lacks any sense of progression proportionate to how difficult it is to obtain. Sure it's a bit more convenient than a bundle, but that's about it. It has spoilage and is restricted to crockpot foods. 

Archived