New visuals for Hunt 'surprises'

The brand new hunt surprises are easily one of my favorite parts of the beta.

All the new stuff is absolutely sick, but I love the change-up of the old hunt system just as awesome as well!

Encountering the surprise corpses in-game was sick, but I think the animation of the Varg/Ewecus appearing from the Corpse could be made a bit flashier, rather than the fade out. Could be something dramatic like the Whales from SW, could be something simple/clean, like how Horror Hounds burst out of their skin, I think either direction could honestly work.
Vargjumpscare.thumb.gif.f69d025bde1a72e90dc331b35c75b798.gifVargjumpscaree.thumb.gif.9b3dcb88c5058555cafaeb5141454748.gif

It's such a sick feature, I'd love for more stuff in this general vein to be looked into! 

12 minutes ago, -Variant said:

The brand new hunt surprises are easily one of my favorite parts of the beta.

All the new stuff is absolutely sick, but I love the change-up of the old hunt system just as awesome as well!

Encountering the surprise corpses in-game was sick, but I think the animation of the Varg/Ewecus appearing from the Corpse could be made a bit flashier, rather than the fade out. Could be something dramatic like the Whales from SW, could be something simple/clean, like how Horror Hounds burst out of their skin, I think either direction could honestly work.
Vargjumpscare.thumb.gif.f69d025bde1a72e90dc331b35c75b798.gifVargjumpscaree.thumb.gif.9b3dcb88c5058555cafaeb5141454748.gif

It's such a sick feature, I'd love for more stuff in this general vein to be looked into! 

This really captures that we're living in a actual breathing world feel where more than just the survivors are struggling for survival I just love this update so much really.

2 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I never saw the dead Koalpehant. I only ever saw like 2 pieces of meat remaining.

It's pretty obscure! It's kind of hidden.

4 minutes ago, -Nick- said:

Or maybe have the varg have a eating animation. Like is snacking down on the koalaphant.

And you just happen to disturb it's lunch break.

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I think you should encounter the varg feasting on it, that makes the most sense to me..

That'd be neat, I wouldn't mind that.

Could use the eating animation from the Ginerbread varg, maybe. Just clean it up for regular vargs.
chomp.thumb.gif.d9a1c112a1702bb998b66293ce10394d.gif

Hard agree w everyone saying they should make it so that Vargs use the Gingerbread Varg's sitting-and-eating animation. Why not have it spawn in off-screen alongside the Koalaphant corpse? It'd be way more visually appealing than having the beastie just *pop* into existence.

Archived