About Wanda

I dont know how to aproach this, but Old Wanda dont match with planar damage mechanics very much, but this is different from wolfgang, wolfgang were meant to be the fight character (the strongman), so a disavantage in this matter were concerning and should be "fixed (which were in his skill tree), but Wanda is not exactly a fight character, she is more like... how people used to call her, a glass cannon, deals much damage in the cost of low health. While wolfgang can deal more DPS than her with 200 HP, so, what I am trying to say talking about this?

Since planar damage introduction, the gap between life and death for wanda is tightening, the most recent example is the new bosses, she cant resist 1 hit in her old form no matter what armor you are using.

I mean, I dont know how to explain, but having a spare (1 hit or 2 hit) away from death is essential (at least for my personal preferences), I dont know if the state of wanda is "just dont get hit, this is not a problem" or "dont be old if you cant take the risk of dying" or if it just me not knowing how to react to the new content. When she was released, if you had proper armor, you could resist some hits, and then heal, but now, you cant even heal, you will die.

Is this something that should be directed to her skill tree? or is this not even a problem in the beginning?

I mean, I played Wanda a lot in the past, but I have to say now that I am not playing her that much, playing more wolfgang and maxwell than with her.

But dont get me wrong, this is about Wanda, not about planar damage nor the beta(it is somehow tied with the beta, but anyway), I am liking this beta and I like planar damage mechaninc, is just how wanda and planar mechanic interact that makes me concerned a bit.

Anyway, I am testing things in godmode for now, soon I will create a world and properly play, so I can give more feedback and maybe bug reports( I hope I dont find any). Have a good day yall

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wanda must get the skill tree asap. This year, hopefully, in the second "Core Enhancement". I didn't test her with new bosses but even seeing Lunar Bearger's swipe attacks made me think that Wanda would be dead before the second swipe.

Probably not appropriate for the situation but for some reason it made me think of this.

92c72ee7a5745c5145f58f728fecd6071953ce4320adfe1f62076d54efe646f9_1.jpg.9184e4b4358b6c506a41a006f2a452c9.jpg

1 hour ago, dois raios said:

the most recent example is the new bosses, she cant resist 1 hit in her old form no matter what armor you are using.

she actually can survive with 2 age left when wearing a full dreadstone armor set lol

if you want good planar damage as wanda, the void scythe does a consistent 90-100 damage against planar while old

i personally just hate how wanda is completely wrecked by the freezing damage all the bosses possess

I think that’s not absolutely right, glass cannon doesn’t mean you “must” play it like glass cannon.

I find that many player like to make her at old age and then fight enemies, but why she can’t younger? I  don’t mean that you “must “ play it younger, you can play it different style. I don’t mean that she can’t get some good skill.

I just want to say she is not urgent as you say(how about wess,. Windy,these characters have very low dps)

And it need to survive many days to fight those enemies, you can create many watches and let her younger to fight those enemies.

1 hour ago, lenship2 said:

she actually can survive with 2 age left when wearing a full dreadstone armor set lol

Deerclops and varg mutations have freeze damage (which massacres Wanda)

If bearger hits you, he will make a combo XD

It was an empiric experience, on math she can survive, but most of the time, if you play actively as old wanda, you are not with 65 years, you cant even control it, since she is constantly losing "health"

1 hour ago, lenship2 said:

if you want good planar damage as wanda, the void scythe does a consistent 90-100 damage against planar while old

If I have to be near a enemy with less than 37,5 HP, and that said enemy can kill me in 1 hit, I wont use it, it is not worth the stress, I will prefer the alarming clock.

Archived