[Game Update] - Public Testing 573946

On 9/21/2023 at 11:27 PM, JarrettM said:

Moos, Pufts, Slicksters, and Shine Bugs can now be wrangled. Their idle behavior has been adjusted to make this possible.

Aww

I thought it was thematically appropriate that slicksters couldn't be wrangled. Y'know, that they are too slippery

• Haha 2

Loving the fact that updates are thoroughly being pushed to the base game as well. I will try to play dlc one day, but for now I am still, after many years, enjoying the colony building aspect of the base game. Even modded the game to have an asteroid 4 times the size of a normal one. Yes it is quite taxing on my cpu, but I dont care about it.

Keep up the good work Klei!

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

Loving the updates and the dedication to making it an excellent game to keep playing.

My only quarrel is the sheer amount of blueprints added and not upping the gain rate. I think the total of blueprints available has over doubled. Time for a cheeky little uppage in the weekly allowance? :)

To justify-

There is now 59 Building blueprints (to me adding the most impactful visually distinct base customisation) - Most of which are decent(1600)>nifty(3200)>splendid (7200).

As someone who has been logging on every week I have accrued about 3800 worth of filament "recyclables" which is worth about one Nifty & One common. I think with pretty average luck, my highest value duplicate was wallpaper for 400 but mainly socks. So many socks (worth 100). I need an additional 34 pairs of socks or (72 in total) to pay for one of the splendid items that I had my eyes on (having to choose might hurt me). which given my luck will take me just over 11 weeks (hoping to only get duplicates) when I started collecting 6 months ago.

TLDR- Up the blueprint drop rate for my hoarding needs. thankssssssssss.

It seems to me that exhausted dupes are running off to bed instead of passing out on the floor when exhausted. I haven't observed this before but I've observed it twice in this public testing build. There's nothing in the patch notes. Can anyone confirm it happens for them?

17 hours ago, blakemw said:

It seems to me that exhausted dupes are running off to bed instead of passing out on the floor when exhausted. I haven't observed this before but I've observed it twice in this public testing build. There's nothing in the patch notes. Can anyone confirm it happens for them?

This has happened to me too, I noticed it a few updates back already. Note they will still pass out if the distance to their bed is too long. Seems intentional.

There's certainly a fix i've been waiting a long time for there.

Could be nice if you could also look into fixing the "Oil wells spawning so neutronium blocks the Oil Well placement". Simplest solution i can think of, is an end-sweep on map generation, that removes/replaces neutronium that is in the way.

I've also noticed that Spaced Out! doesn't seem to have renewable abyssalite, which is a little concerning, given that the Geotuner uses them as a consumable.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:27 AM, JarrettM said:

Moos, Pufts, Slicksters, and Shine Bugs can now be wrangled. Their idle behavior has been adjusted to make this possible.

This is too convenient to me honestly, but what about those traps have been reworked lately? What the situation I need to use those traps again?

Edited by vincentury

Unlike the critter dropoff, the traps have automation ports, I guess you could do something with that.

I think it was a good decision to make more critters wrangleable. Building a trap and waiting was never an interesting puzzle.

6 hours ago, esran said:

Unlike the critter dropoff, the traps have automation ports, I guess you could do something with that.

I think it was a good decision to make more critters wrangleable. Building a trap and waiting was never an interesting puzzle.

Bro, TIL that traps have automation ports. Did they just add those things recently or I'm just dumb? Of course I could do something with that lol. I always using critter drop-off on airlock door to manage populations. I guess now I could save up some ore and space for that knowledge. Thank you.

• Like 1