How do you guys think woodie isn't op?

4 hours ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

Are you guys really saying having a day 1 walking cane isn't op, and also having a helmet where you can easily craft without the use of precious pigskin.

Yep. Beefalo are easily obtainable and the helmets are rarely good and aren’t worth going for. This is ignoring the fact that you are giving up arguably better perks for these things. Looking deeper into mechanics like these and not jumping to conclusions is a virtue 

Woodie can also take down klaus, deerclops, and other bosses easily. 

As can any other character. Woodie just does it cheaper while also having more risk (also deerclops is a push over and klaus is already the easiest raid boss)

Were beaver can easily grief with his tail slap and has become the new willow where you will get banned immediately if you have it

2 flint and 2 grass does much worse

There's a command which allows you spend insight and the command ignores all pre requirements. So you can have both shadow and lunar alignments at the same time.
Do you guys not see how OP this is?

99% this isn’t true but I’m not sure. And cheating isn’t a good way to judge how good something is.

edit: this is something that is true and it is something that should be fixed since these things do carry over worlds but this isn’t a fault of woodie this is most likely an oversight.

8 hours ago, Jrramon_GOLD said:

There's a command which allows you spend insight and the command ignores all pre requirements.

This is certainly a bug, should probably post this in bug tracker.

Since latest update came live I've seen in pubs so many Woodies kicking the proverbial bucket "in style", especially from combat overconfidence (and no, they aren't solely "some dirty poor noobs")... thus these kind of "character X iz s0000 Oop3z, plz nerv, Keli" topics are quite amusing - but silly. Play in multiplayer, OP, don't take numerical stats at face value in the ether or via "creative worlds" plus console commands - DST game-play is about numerous cumulative threats.

Wouldn't recommend messing with insight beyond day skip I remember hearing months ago about how someone made a mistake with that and got perma locked to 0 insight I'd assume because the game assumed they had all their insight while it saved with a invalid value but I'm no coder so I can't be sure.

18 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Wouldn't recommend messing with insight beyond day skip I remember hearing months ago about how someone made a mistake with that and got perma locked to 0 insight I'd assume because the game assumed they had all their insight while it saved with a invalid value but I'm no coder so I can't be sure.

It's possible to reset this by deleting the data file storing skill tree stuff

You'd think a post like this would be about how woodie can cheaply armor up an entire army with wood hats to boost their survivability.

Or how he can now provide easy cane access to whole teams almost straight from spawn.

Or how he can sacrifice his own armor and weaponry to others since he can use his improved moose to effectively save resources that would otherwise be used for combat.

How about that busted totem that can spawn tree guards en mass creating a swarm of death that can shred bosses apart.

Hell how about how his downside of an uncontrollable curse being removed if he sides with the moon making him almost another character like wilson where he doesn't really have a downside.

But I don't think of that makes him op it just makes him an actually good character with some fun quirks.

On 8/2/2023 at 8:13 PM, Mysterious box said:

Interesting still don't think screwing around with it is a good idea though.

Its fine, you can just edit the file as many times as you want. However it may take a few times loading the game up for the game to recognise the changes as the insight info is also saved in some sort of cloud system too.

As my nintendo switch has the same insight skill list as my pc saves.

Archived