Please remove pillars degrading

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m not a fan of Cave Quake Boulders, they’re boring.. and maybe they’re there for a lore reason (after all you gotta bust through a bunch of boulders to get to the hidden archives) but as a Survival based challenge… these things suck.

ALSO I’m DEFIANTLY not a fan of adding a problem to the game and then adding a permanent solution to that problem almost instantly.

With that kind of mindset: Iceflingo Machines would only need a Chilled Amuket socketed into them to run indefinitely Forever.

Its as equally stupid as Boulder Quakes.

What would have been “Cool” however is if these more intense quakes would’ve rained boosted enemies from the sky’s, such as Highly ticked off Rock Lobsters who are mad and hostile because Acid Rain is burning through their shells in addition to the boring boulders that fall.

OR if we could’ve used Boulder Quakes as a Legitimate survival Mechanic (the loading screen for terrors below clearly show them coming out of craters in the ground, so just like sealing off a Locust Spawn point in a Gears of War game- it would’ve been cool if I could’ve ran around these areas forcing the Boulder rain to fall and seal them back off.

Instead- what we have is a boring mechanic that will more than most likely get entirely ignored when Klei adds the permanent solution to it. 

I don't like wildfires and their intended counter, flingos. They have a small radius, and need to be fueled which sucks on multiplayer servers. This ends up forcing bases into the Oasis, or forcing the player to hibernate in caves.

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

I don't like wildfires and their intended counter, flingos. They have a small radius, and need to be fueled which sucks on multiplayer servers. This ends up forcing bases into the Oasis, or forcing the player to hibernate in caves.

There are so sooo many ways to counter wildfires now, Above Average Trees which turn any area you can set them up within into the Oasis preventing smoldering, Wickerbottom spamming her godly rain books, Fire Pumps, Willow (yes shes not just for trolling..) Even a simple water can could be thrown on them to put them out..

31 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

sooo we should remove a natural thing from game because it burns our precius camp?

On 7/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, NNOUS said:

Keep in mind everything come with a cost in this game.

not realy sadly :/

4 hours ago, HiraaCaan said:

sooo we should remove a natural thing from game because it burns our precius camp?

Most people already do that.

Wildfires make you unable to base outside oasis given the stupid amount of flingos you need to make a base just not die, I turn them off because they are not very fun to deal with and also allows me to actually exist in any biome I want, however I do use flingos for early game resources alongside fighting fire hound waves in the entire game.

18 minutes ago, CuteC said:

Most people already do that.

Wildfires make you unable to base outside oasis given the stupid amount of flingos you need to make a base just not die, I turn them off because they are not very fun to deal with and also allows me to actually exist in any biome I want, however I do use flingos for early game resources alongside fighting fire hound waves in the entire game.

It’s fair if you want to turn a mechanic off, but did you know there’s actually a world Gen setting to have wildfires happen MORE often if you’re into that sort of thing? 

I personally enjoy being challenged by the games weather & its inhabitants, and I grow bored when the game world becomes my sandbox playground.

Toggling Wildfires to MORE means that everything around you will hilariously go up in a blazing inferno (it’s funny watching the rabbits squeal out & spontaneously combust into cooked morsel) I mean yeah it’s “Dark Humor” but DS/DST always had a bit of Dark Humor & if movies like Shrek can have a princess sing so loud birds explode into chicken legs, I’m pretty sure there’s no immediate desire to change the torment of rabbits in DST.

However: I worry that since the world is overly sensitive to every little thing in this day and age, that people will cry out animal cruelty (even though it’s just some virtual stupid pixel) and they’ll have the feature removed with enough backlash.

It’s unrealistic for me to think in this way but I always like to picture a Best/Worst case scenario.

Erm Anyways, you can craft the large tree canopy in any body of water to turn anywhere you can set one of these up into being just as chill & fireproof as the Oasis.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s fair if you want to turn a mechanic off, but did you know there’s actually a world Gen setting to have wildfires happen MORE often if you’re into that sort of thing? 

I personally enjoy being challenged by the games weather & its inhabitants, and I grow bored when the game world becomes my sandbox playground.

Toggling Wildfires to MORE means that everything around you will hilariously go up in a blazing inferno (it’s funny watching the rabbits squeal out & spontaneously combust into cooked morsel) I mean yeah it’s “Dark Humor” but DS/DST always had a bit of Dark Humor & if movies like Shrek can have a princess sing so loud birds explode into chicken legs, I’m pretty sure there’s no immediate desire to change the torment of rabbits in DST.

However: I worry that since the world is overly sensitive to every little thing in this day and age, that people will cry out animal cruelty (even though it’s just some virtual stupid pixel) and they’ll have the feature removed with enough backlash.

It’s unrealistic for me to think in this way but I always like to picture a Best/Worst case scenario.

Erm Anyways, you can craft the large tree canopy in any body of water to turn anywhere you can set one of these up into being just as chill & fireproof as the Oasis.

I uh have no idea what to say regarding all of what you just posted, it's rather confusing and concerning but I will make like that didn't happen and reply to the one thing I can.

Above average trees don't block a huge area, they will only allow stuff to not die close to a large enough body of water, which at best extends oasis, because in any other biome you will still need an inhumane amount of flingos.

Archived